Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

oh boy-

my surgeon is on leave - so i was scheduled for followup with teh other surgeon in teh prx (I like him so all is good)

i went in Tuesday afternoon for a check up and after talking it thru we decided i needed a fill 1 cc was added - i drank 12 oz of Water and all went down good

fast forward 7pm trying to drink a Protein Shake - ahh not going down very easy take smaller sips and its a no go

i calm down and tell myself i always swell a little so its going to be fine

lay down for bed and i can no longer swallow my saliva - we have PROBLEM!

call on call doc - he says i shouldn't go to ER as they likely will lack teh necessary experience tells me to sit tight and he'll find my surgeon

my surgeon calls back lickety spilt

tells me to meet him at surge ctr 7AM - to sit upright for the night

went in took out that whole 1 cc and now get Water for 24 hours then liquids til monday am

well that was fun:cursing:

if you haven't been overfilled yet - the gurgling and bubbling noises coupled with burping is a tell tale sign.

the good news is i'm within the sweet spot and can onlt take the .1 ccs in the band now:thumbup:

oh boy-

my surgeon is on leave - so i was scheduled for followup with teh other surgeon in teh prx (I like him so all is good)

i went in Tuesday afternoon for a check up and after talking it thru we decided i needed a fill 1 cc was added - i drank 12 oz of Water and all went down good

fast forward 7pm trying to drink a Protein shake - ahh not going down very easy take smaller sips and its a no go

i calm down and tell myself i always swell a little so its going to be fine

lay down for bed and i can no longer swallow my saliva - we have PROBLEM!

call on call doc - he says i shouldn't go to ER as they likely will lack teh necessary experience tells me to sit tight and he'll find my surgeon

my surgeon calls back lickety spilt

tells me to meet him at surge ctr 7AM - to sit upright for the night

went in took out that whole 1 cc and now get Water for 24 hours then liquids til monday am

well that was fun:cursing:

if you haven't been overfilled yet - the gurgling and bubbling noises coupled with burping is a tell tale sign.

the good news is i'm within the sweet spot and can onlt take the .1 ccs in the band now:thumbup:

Wow, I am so sorry you had to experience that, that sounds pretty scary. I hope you are okay now. Thanks for sharing.

oh yeah - much better today almost back to normal:thumbup:

oh yeah - much better today almost back to normal:thumbup:

I'm pleased to know you are doing better now. That overfill sounded quite frighten. Did you manage to sleep? I think I would have been scared to sleep!

Take care.

Hi all!! It's been a while. I've gotten lost in Farmville on Facebook and I've been working on a couple of puzzles. Real interesting...huh? Anyway, I'm almost down by 50 lbs. and just lovin' it. Last month I lost 8 lbs. which is slow but steady. Slow and steady wins the race...It's difficult because I need knee replacement in both knees. I will have them done (one at a time...thank you) when I reach 200lbs. It's getting closer and closer and I'm really scared. I've heard it's pretty painful and a long recovery but my doc says I have to have it done, regardless of the weight loss. So, I really can't exercise much which is a bummer. Anyone out there had there knees done? If so, write back and tell me about it. Well, off to bed now. Just checking in..still love all of you tons and tons...Love, Dottie

Hi Dottie,

Good to hear from you and know that you are still around. You are doing GREAT with your weight loss! 8lbs in one month!!!!! I'm lucky if I loose 1.

My mum had 3 knee replacements, she only had two legs - just in case you are wondering!!!!! Mum had one re-done. I am amazed at how quickly my neighbor healed from this surgery, so I hope it will be the same for you and that it will not be too painful.

Hugs

I have 9.2cc's in an 11cc band and finally feel different. I still struggle with my sweet tooth, but am lightning up on the breads which is huge for me. It really hurts to eat it now. Anyone else struggle with their sweet tooth? I don't know how to overcome that.

Dottie--- you are doing so well!! jealous!! any tips you want to pass on?

Ara-- My sweet tooth was out of control so I did a 2 day Protein fast last weekend. I did Protein Shakes only on Saturday and mushies for a day ( basically a fill diet without the fill) It helped kick my cravings again.

I went shopping for a bathing suit and was able to buy a 16W top. That was a shock. Ohh...and I *finally* walked 10,000 steps on friday.

I am feeling a bit under the weather.......nauseous and headache. I have some zofran left from my Novasure surgery...I am thinking of taking it. I got stuck on saturday but it went down on it's own...do you think perhaps I need to do a liquid diet for a few days??

@ Ara - I'm pleased to hear you now have some good restriction.

I too loved bread, (note past tense) those good ones like rosemary and garlic or black olive, but I stopped buying them and don't think I would be able to eat them now anyway. Different story when it comes to chocolate, how I love chocolate! I know I have to somehow detox myself from it, but it is hard, I can't resist a bargain when I see it on sale and it slips down my throat so easily!!! When I do buy some, I can't stop at one or two pieces. I know I need to try harder not to buy it in the first place. That said, I did find small packs of dark chocolate-covered soy Beans, which are 100 cals and 3g of Protein per pack. They are made by 'South Beach'.

@ New Joy - CONGRATS on the bathing suit top and your 10,000 steps! Now just sit by the pool and look glam! Hope you feel better soon.

I am still struggling to loose (and I'm not sitting around eating chocs all day). I have 24lbs to go to reach my goal and those are going to be the hardest to loose!!! So, I have increased my exercise to include bike riding as well as the treadmill. Even though it is about 92f now, I go riding in the morning for 45 mins and then jump on the treadmill for 50 - 60 mins in the afternoon. I'm burning 1000+ cals a day and still waiting for it to show on the scales!!!!!

Eating is a chore now so I totally agree with this statement. I no longer really enjoy eating like I used to. It's sort of a loss for all of us. Eating was such a pleasure in the past. But those days are gone. Viv-those last few pounds are the hardest to lose, they say. New Joy-Congrats on the bathing suit. No tricks here. Just don't eat much food these days. Have a great day everyone!!!

Viv- great for you on the exercising. I am hoping I get into it soon. Once school is finally over and I can take the kids to daycare I am hoping I will have some time to myself to get into the exercise habit. Right now I am just too tired when I come home and getting up early is not happening. even though I have more energy from before the surgery taking 30 minutes of uninterupted time just doesn't seem in the plans right now. I know I am worth it, but I am not up long after I put the kids to bed, and tv normally beats working out.

for the sweet tooth I found sugar free fudgesicles help me. Just enugh to make it seem like you are gettting something sweet but only liike 40 calories.

I still enjoy food and it isn't a chore just yet. Hoping this next fill takes the thrill away for me.

I get worried since I will be at 8 cc's in a 10 cc band so quickly what happens whenthe band is full for the rest of my life. I don't want to go back in 2 years to me being able to eat everything again. Does anyone else think of that.

I have been looking online and so many people seem to hit 100 pounds in ayear, I am dreaming of that. I can't even wrap my brain around what it would be like to be 150 pounds this year. I'd be happy with 80.

Hi Mandze - I know what you mean about working and exercising, what with cooking, cleaning house, laundry, shopping etc and working, there was no way I would have the time or energy to exercise. When I worked I would come home, cook dinner, clean up and then sit down and fall fast asleep in front of the TV. Summer vacation is just around the corner and you will have some free time to enjoy some exercising. You have done a super job with -46lbs!!!!!

Thanks for mentioning the fudgesicles - I never think to buy them, I'll get some in.

Hugs

I'm so nervous to go to the dr today.

I normally lose 5 lbs a month but this month has been a stand still. I did that 2 day Protein fast and got to 217 but the scales showed 219 again this morning. UGH!!

My dr appt isn't until 415 so I know I will have put on weight...I am expecting *maybe* a 2 lb loss. I know that I have to remember that this month is different--- I had my surgery and was unable to walk for 2 weeks but still I feel like I failed this month.

It doesn't help that we went out for yummy pizza last night and I ate an entire meat stuffed slice ( toppings only) I t was supposed to be my lunch today but I decided to bring a can of Soup instead.

I am hoping for a fill today......I scheduled my appt with the tech who I have the most history with....she has been good about letting me pick my path. I decided I want the fill before I go on vacation next week...no sense tempting fate.

The only good news I have today to report is I have walked 10k steps 3 times in the last 5 days. Woot!!! My pedometer is in my pocket from the time I get up to the time I go to bed. I am making sure I park far away from places, going for lunch walks, and I am walking in place while I watch Tv at night. Last night I marched as I set up my weekly vitamins......but I made it.

I am trying to tell myself that 10 miles in 2 days will make anyone retain water........

Edited by New Joy

Hi All,

It's been a while since I've posted. I started having gall bladder attacks (pretty mild compared to what I've read others having) and ended up having it removed last Thursday. So now I'm recovering from that surgery.

Weight wise, I'm doing pretty good. Had a month where I really struggled with my sweet tooth. That's gotten better.

I'm really starting to wrap my head around the eating enough to be satisfied, not eating so much I'm feeling full, issue. It's taken a while to get there, but slowly but surely I am.

I usually keep my blog up to date if you ever want to check in on me.

Hope you all are doing well and had a good Memorial Day weekend.

I have to share my own personal celebration here...On June 3 I'll be 6 months from starting my pre-op, I weighed in at 294 (yuck), my goal is 160 so 134 pounds to lose. Towards the end of last week I hit my 1/2 way mark of 67 pounds down (actually 70 as of this a.m.), so, now, instead of counting pounds lost, I'm counting pounds to go and I cannot believe how good it feels, so, 64 pound to go, WOOHOO!!! That sounds so attainable!