Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

christie - congrats on making the half way mark!

I logged in to share a succes as well -

I couldn't resist a size 20 black dress at nordstrom rack. I decided I could hang it up and it could be an inspiration dress after al I started this process at a size 26 pushing a 28. So I bought it today brought it home and tried it on to see how far I had to go - IT FIT!!!! I'm wearing it to a dinner this Sunday night. I just can't decrsibe how I feel..

I realize I still need 22 in my pants (thank you thighs) but its unbelievable.

I have been stagent in weigh loss for a couple of weeks but inches have been coming off so just goes to show - hang in there.

Congrats to all of you. You are all doing such a wonderful job.

I didnt realize how pregnancy and gaining weight were going to affect me. I go up and down 5 pounds, but I have put on about 4 inches around my waist. I am pregnant with twins, not for sure if I told you guys that or not. I have moments when I get down about weight gain. I am eating like crazy and still have all my fill. I guess I was just going so hard at losing weight that now I am having trouble adjusting to the fact that I am suppose to gain. I know in the end I will be able to get back on track.

And wow, who would have thought how far we would have come in 6 months!!

Update your weight loss folks on our spreadsheet-

don't forget its under community, social groups, spreadsheet

we are rounding out our 6 months banded let's support one another in our journey!

Ladies,

Are you suffering with extreme tightness during that time of the month? Yesterday I got stuck on some baked Beans I chewed very good and the bite wasn't very big. It hurt like crazy and would not go down so it had to come back. Since then I have some real pain right around the small incision at the top. Today, I am very tight and still some pain, just wondering if I might have pulled something when it came back.

Update your weight loss folks on our spreadsheet-

don't forget its under community, social groups, spreadsheet

we are rounding out our 6 months banded let's support one another in our journey!

link to spredsheet:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AjNypE3FM5sgdE1ZR0J6UV80YUpzRVlMUlRKVzhDa0E&hl=en

hope it works.....

My BMI is under 30!! I can't believe it!

I am getting so discouraged.

I can't break this stall. I have been between 216 and 218 for TEN WEEKS. WTF?? WTF??? WTF??

I am exercising daily---10,000 steps even if I have to march before bed.

I am eating about 1100 calories a day with my carbs around 100 and Protein around 100.

I just don't have a clue what to do anymore......

I told my hubby I am tempted to do a liquid diet for a week but is that really the answer??

I am at 7.25cc and I am not hungry all the time but my body doesn't make me stop eating...I have to be mindful of every bite.

I even am beginning to wonder if I should cut out dairy.

I just want to cry.

ANYONE

STILL OUT

THERE??????:bored::sad::blink:

Yes, I've been posting. Am I posting on the wrong thread? Maybe I'm posting on the other thread?

I am getting so discouraged.

I can't break this stall. I have been between 216 and 218 for TEN WEEKS. WTF?? WTF??? WTF??

I am exercising daily---10,000 steps even if I have to march before bed.

I am eating about 1100 calories a day with my carbs around 100 and Protein around 100.

I just don't have a clue what to do anymore......

I told my hubby I am tempted to do a liquid diet for a week but is that really the answer??

I am at 7.25cc and I am not hungry all the time but my body doesn't make me stop eating...I have to be mindful of every bite.

I even am beginning to wonder if I should cut out dairy.

I just want to cry.

I would increase your protein and decrease your carbs. If you have to write it down. You'll be amazed how many carbs you might consume in one day. I found this to work whenever my weight stalls. Hugs your way....

ANYONE

STILL OUT

THERE??????:smile::sad::thumbup:

Yes I'm here - how much dairy do you eat? You might want to cut it down to 8oz of low fat milk daily & cut the calories down to 800. To loose weight one needs to burn more calories than you take in. Just a thought. Your weight loss is good. You might need another .5cc adjustment to get just a little more restriction.

Good luck.

So...I didn't realize we had two threads going.

Anyone care if we start a new thread since we are all six months out as of now. That way we are all in the same thread together????

I saw the doc yesterday. I lost 5 lbs this month so that makes 6lbs in 2 months. That's lower than the average 5 lbs a month I was getting in before.

He knows that the weight I lost is sheer will power--not the band. I am working out 2 times a day ( 3o min each) I get in at least 12k steps a day and I am eating right. I am still hungry.

He gave me another .5cc fill so I am at 7.75cc.

That scares me because I know it's higher than most people's and although I shouldn't compare...I am. Insurance rolls over tonight so my fills aren't covered again until I meet a high deductible....so I am really glad he gave me one ...I was going to cry if he didn't.

I am going back to the NUT to have her calculate the calories and food I should be eating based on my high impact life style. Who would have thought they gal who couldn't climb a flight of stairs would come this far in only 6 months.

Ok.....confession time.....

I have not been logging in for several months, mostly because I have not been losing weight for several months.

Between my first and second fill (March) my port flipped and I had to have a revision surgery. I started getting so discouraged about the second surgery.

Since then, I have not lost any weight. In fact, I have gained (to the point that I now weigh 2 lbs heavier than I did the day of surgery).

I have some restriction but not enough to make me stop eating. I am really having a hard time staying motivated when I am not seeing any results.

I am so happy for all you December banders who are doing so well. Does any one have any advice on how to make it through the rough spots? :cursing:

I didn't know we were still going strong! Glad you guys are still here and we have up and downs.