Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

We're going to have a baby! Yeah Tracy!!! That is such a great thing.

I hopefully find out whether the only other local doc who does fills will take me as a patient. Any good thoughts are appreciated.

Viv, we start a three week cross country trip in 3 weeks. I'm really nervous about what I'll eat. I am probably over planning. Any advice? I think you did great only gaining 5 lbs.

Congrats to Tracy!!! Woot! Woot!!!

Viv, we start a three week cross country trip in 3 weeks. I'm really nervous about what I'll eat. I am probably over planning. Any advice? I think you did great only gaining 5 lbs.

Hi Missy,

I think it was 'illuminationlady' who was on a road trip recently. The last time I was on one I was a big girl and packed every nook and cranny of our little car with hidden munchies - just in case I might starve to death on the road:scared2:! I also packed cans of Protein Drinks, one of which got caught as the automatic roof folded into the trunk and to this day my DH does not know it was my secret food stash that bent the metal on the trunk :thumbup:.

We drove from TX to NM, CO, WY, MT, IO, OR and Washington State, and home again:tongue_smilie:. If you ever want a test for a good marriage this is it! We had driven over 6,000 miles in a two-seater car!!!! Luckily DH and I were still speaking to each other when we pulled back into our driveway:wub:

LOL, now that sounds like a trip! Sorry for the confusion.

Illuminationlady, any advice on a cross country trip? You did so well!

LOL, now that sounds like a trip! Sorry for the confusion.

Illuminationlady, any advice on a cross country trip? You did so well!

I gained five pounds and got stuck a lot. Basically I ate slider foods and was terrible. I am now back on track and have lost six pounds. I just remember eating too much ice cream. I am a terrible example to go by. It was very difficult. I did eat a lot of Soups too. Sorry I can't be of more help. I would recommend buying a good cooler and a lot of Protein Shakes if you don't want to gain anything. Best wishes...anyone one else have any other suggestions????

ps. I had a really good time though...

@ Missy, I think you are very wise to start planning now how to eat on your trip. Illuminationlady's suggestion of a cooler and Protein Shakes is a good one. You could also start making a list of healthy foods that you can eat from fast food restaurants, just in case you need to stop, you will be able to make a good choice. You can get nutrition info from most restaurant's websites. Have fun with your vacation planning.

Maybe you all can help. big mental issue conected to the trip and my doc. My doc is leaving his practice, and I can't get an answer from the other doc in town who does fills, so I may be stranded.

I have minimal restriction. I can eat a Soup bowl salad before filling full, and not getting stuck. This could be really handy on the trip.

OTOH, I don't know when I will be able to get another fill. I have no idea how to find a fill doctor. I can go to columbus, cleveland, etc. But how do you find a doc?

So, what do I do? Go for a fill that might help, or leave as it is for the trip? I can't decide.

eta: I have a couple of great apps on my phone for finding meal options. My recent favorite is the side salad at BK for a buck!

Edited by MissyMS

@ Missy, could your doctor give you a referral to another doctor for your fills? I think I would act fast and try to get a fill before your trip - the trip would be more enjoyable if you are not feeling major hunger. If you get the fill soon you will have time for any adjustment, if needed - i.e. bit tight. Just my 2 cents worth!

Has any one here had an Endometrial ablation?

I have to see my OBGYN on Monday and I know this is the next ( and final) step for my girlie issues. I was hoping losing weight would correct it....but I am 50lbs down from my highest and it's still here. I am nervous about going in for surgery again but I really need to do it bsoon if I'm going to.....all my deductibles were met from the LAP-BAND® surgery so this would be a freebie....

I had an ablation in December of 05 and had a hysterectomy a year and a half later due to breakthrough bleeding/pain with the ablation. A girlfriend of mine (who had gastric bypass) had an ablation done in February and is already back at the doctors due to heavy bleeding. I think ablation works well for people who never had heavy cycles to begin with but for people who have heavy cycles or long cycles it does not work very well. If you are done having children (which you must be if you are considering an ablation) I would tlak to the doctor about a laproscopic hysterectomy instead. (Mine was abdominal and painful!)

Ok guys, well I'm the opposite. For a few days to a week after a fill, I can barely eat anything at all, which would be a terrible drag on a road trip where everyone is eating. I end up getting stuck when I try, or eating sliders which we all know is dumb! Kinda like IlluminationLady. Anyway, for me the easiest thing would be to make a commitment to control what I ate without the fill first. But that's just me. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

I'll talk to the doc on Monday after I chew him out for leaving. I was there a month ago, and there were people in the lobby just starting the process. Those folks are now going to be months behind in starting with the only other doc.

The answer from the other doc is they will take me for fills for $200 or a note from the insurance stating that they will be covered, so I am feeling a bit less stress. If my surgeon is going to continue practicing within a couple of hour drive then I may commute. At least now I feel I have options. I was pretty hopeless last week.

I think that i may go without a fill. I'm not hungry all of the time. just some of the time. but maybe a tiny fill would help and not screw me up. hmmmmm.

thanks for listening, guys.

hey girls!

I lost a pound this week. I was shocked...I was traveling and drank lots of calories.

I saw my doc on Monday and my ablation is scheduled for May 10. I have never had heavy bleeding...but I have a small amount of daily bleeding. He said I could also do the hysterectomy but I am just not ready for the recovery that comes with that.

I go next week for a fill-- I am hoping it will get me to my sweet spot. I think I am close.....

I also PB for the first time on Monday....on a slice of left over pizza. totally my fault..didn't chew.......it came up in one small cough but I did liquids the rest of the day to make sure I was safe.

Had my forth fill today. My surgeon always does a fluoroscopy before the fill - to see how much restriction you have prior to the injection. I was pleased when the assistant said "Oh the liquid is going straight through, you still do not have good restriction". There was a reason I had only lost 2 lbs in a month!! So, I got another 1cc - giving me a total of 7cc's. Hopefully this will bring me closer.

Had my forth fill today. My surgeon always does a fluoroscopy before the fill - to see how much restriction you have prior to the injection. I was pleased when the assistant said "Oh the liquid is going straight through, you still do not have good restriction". There was a reason I had only lost 2 lbs in a month!! So, I got another 1cc - giving me a total of 7cc's. Hopefully this will bring me closer.

Do you have to drink the barium when you have a fluoroscopy? That's the worst thing ever! I just got another 2cc making it a total of 8cc's. I think this month will be the one where we'll lose a little more huh? Great job at losing 2lbs with NO RESTRICTION!!!