Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Finally, Mr. scale is starting to move. I was beginning to believe the darn thing was broken! LOL I guess that 2nd fill helped helped, even if it just gave me a kick in the booty. I hope this restriction lasts at least a couple of weeks.[/

I'm happy to hear that. Well off to exercise before I have to go to work. Take care.

Hey Ladies! I havent checked in in a while.... But things are going ok. The holiday was REALLY hard! But I made it through and got back to the gym two times today! Ive lost a total of 42 pounds since sept. 2nd and I have 7cc in my 10 cc band...... THe lady that does my fills is AWESOME...super agrressive. Ive had 3 fills and with that Im at 7cc. She tells me I can come in every two weeks and get more if I dont feel restriction. She does it under floroscopy so she can tell if it is to tight.

Does anyone feel like they have to do SSSSOOOO much themseleves? Sometimes I feel like Im doing it all on my own. That there isnt a tool there helping me. But then my friend who knows makes commits about how I didnt eat barely anything and I think maybe Im just used to not eating as much and I have more restriction than i think.

Everyone is doing great! So pround of all of you! I went back and read everyones post!!

Hey gang: I had my third fill today - this months weight loss - 2.5 lbs (UGH!!!). She gave me .7 cc's now I'm at 5.9. I feel like this is gonna be tight. A vente latte made me full. I have to say my fills are a total non event - some people complain of pain when they stick you. Nothing. So I hope this gets that scale moving! 3 weeks ago it moved all at once then now i'm up 2 lbs. Whatever.

Does anyone feel like they have to do SSSSOOOO much themseleves?

Not really. I mean when I was at 5.2 cc's there were days I was totally in the green zone (what others call sweet spot) but most days I was in yellow zone (needing more restriction) but STILL way better than without this thing. Curious if you have a realize band or a Lap band. 7 cc's is a pretty high fill amt to feel you are doing so much yourself. Unless by that you mean - the head hunger and wanting ice cream and stuff. I'm usually ok though I totally broke down this past weekend and had a cupcake and guess what - had i checked how many calories are in those cupcakes BEFORE i got it i would NEVER had - stay away from CRUMBS cupcakes 780 cals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! insane isn't it? BUT once it was in my hands I couldn't throw it away though the thought did cross my mind.

Hey gang: I had my third fill today - this months weight loss - 2.5 lbs (UGH!!!). She gave me .7 cc's now I'm at 5.9. I feel like this is gonna be tight. A vente latte made me full. I have to say my fills are a total non event - some people complain of pain when they stick you. Nothing. So I hope this gets that scale moving! 3 weeks ago it moved all at once then now i'm up 2 lbs. Whatever.

HI HMARKO

I'm now at 5.8 and totally know how your feeling the restriction has hit full force ....I know I have been doing well but now believe it is going to come off even quicker I have to wait and see though, never can tell what's around the corner.... My fills are a real non event also just a quick prick and up I get and I'm on my way...I thought I was the only one I haven't had much pain through the whole experience

:tongue2:

Hey Ladies! I havent checked in in a while.... But things are going ok. The holiday was REALLY hard! But I made it through and got back to the gym two times today! Ive lost a total of 42 pounds since sept. 2nd and I have 7cc in my 10 cc band...... THe lady that does my fills is AWESOME...super agrressive. Ive had 3 fills and with that Im at 7cc. She tells me I can come in every two weeks and get more if I dont feel restriction. She does it under floroscopy so she can tell if it is to tight.

Does anyone feel like they have to do SSSSOOOO much themseleves? Sometimes I feel like Im doing it all on my own. That there isnt a tool there helping me. But then my friend who knows makes commits about how I didnt eat barely anything and I think maybe Im just used to not eating as much and I have more restriction than i think.

Everyone is doing great! So pround of all of you! I went back and read everyones post!!

Hi McCall

You must be on the right track 42pounds down thats great keep up the good work:P

That is super!....and a lot of weight in a short time. I am thinking I need to be more agressive with my fills. I only have had a 2cc and a .5 cc fill and I was bandedon 9/8. I am down 23 pounds but it is so VERY slow. I have an appointment Monday and I am goign to push for a decent fill. It seems a waste to go thoruhg all of that for .5cc. Good news is I uped my exercise yesterday and plan to stick with it. Got my eliptical up and running and now there are no excuses! Congratulations all you BIG LOSERS!

Hi Justarting

I started out with 4cc in place at the time of surgery and have since had three fills 1.0cc then 0.5 cc and the last was 0.3cc The last one has really made the difference so be patient it will happen in time keep ip the great work:thumbup:

I go in for my second fill today, and am anxious to see what I weigh on my doctor's scale. (Mine at home is different, and that can be disappointing!)

Hi FemmOne

Weigh yourself before you leave home and then at the doctors and take note of the difference, My scales and the Doctors are 2kg different ...... don't get dissapointed just know they are different ...:smile2:

Hey! I had my fill today too. I still don't feel a whole lot. I wanted him to keep going but he wouldn't. He didn't tell me how much i have but he told me I have a size 8apl or alp band. Don't know what that means since everyone talks about cc's. He says 8apl is the new one... I don't know. I do know that he hurt me today. My port is tilted so he can never find it while i'm standing. I suggested laying down and no soon as I did he something that erupted the most god awful pain. I literally had to brace myself for a minute there. As soon as I laid down he got it right away. I have set an extremely high goal for myself this time. I go back in 28 days so wish me luck.

Stardustic I'm sorry to hear about your port. I'm glad that you didn't give up and that you are still willing to lose the weight.

Congratulations to all the those losing the weight successfully.

Hi Loveslady

After reading so much information on this site I was a little confused about my band as well so when I went for my appointment on Monday I had a really good talk with my Doctor about the type of band how much it holds etc she told me everything I wanted to know and more ...be really specific about what you want to know ask direct questions and they should answer all your questions openly it's your body and you have the right to know exactly what is inside of you and how it works.

Goodluck with your goal:nono:

Yippee! two days after my 2nd fill and down 2 lbs...at least that fill got mr scale going. I'd really like to loose 5 lbs for Christmas just to have a head start on the New Year!

It's two days after my 2nd fill and I feel a LOT more restriction (even though I have a lot fewer ccs in my band than others). Had a PB episode when I ate some chicken for dinner last night. And yesterday afternoon I had a small container of yoghurt, which completely filled me up.

Now I'm wondering if I can get in enough food for nutrition's sake!

Posted some new pictures. If you want to check them out just check out my album above under the photos tab. Hope everyone has a great day. It's snowing here in Texas. Goodnight.

It's two days after my 2nd fill and I feel a LOT more restriction (even though I have a lot fewer ccs in my band than others). Had a PB episode when I ate some chicken for dinner last night. And yesterday afternoon I had a small container of yoghurt, which completely filled me up.

Now I'm wondering if I can get in enough food for nutrition's sake!

I thought about that myself, I do take a Multivitamins and have liquid complex b and there are Vitamins in my Protein Shakes. But still I worry because by time I eat the required Protein, I am full and have no room to eat veggies or fruits. But I also know this restriction will probably not last more than a couple weeks before it is gone again, snif,snif

Posted some new pictures. If you want to check them out just check out my album above under the photos tab. Hope everyone has a great day. It's snowing here in Texas. Goodnight.

Amanda, you continue to be our honor student, your weightloss is absolutely amazing. You should do a blog to record all your accomplishments!

I thought about that myself, I do take a multivitamins and have liquid complex b and there are Vitamins in my Protein Shakes. But still I worry because by time I eat the required Protein, I am full and have no room to eat veggies or fruits. But I also know this restriction will probably not last more than a couple weeks before it is gone again, snif,snif

Amanda, you continue to be our honor student, your weightloss is absolutely amazing. You should do a blog to record all your accomplishments!

I thought about it, just not very good at it. LOL:smile:

I was scheduled for a fill today but they said I was doing good and didnt need one. This was my 3rd appointment and I have only had one fill.

My goal was 60lbs a year. I honestly hope it starts slowing down some. I would rather go slow and come out looking better than to go super fast and wind up looking worse for the wear.

I am still doing a lot of liquids. The liquids are pretty much out of laziness, I dont have to think about what to eat.

I thought about it, just not very good at it. LOL:smile:

Amanda, Gen got me started with the blogging. Hers is so nice & there are many others that share great tips and inspirational stories of their own bandings. Read some of them, when you have some time.

:thumbup:sounds like everyone is doing great. keep it up

Amanda your transformation is incredible!!! Thanks for posting

I'm crawling along which was why she gave me more of a fill this time... but oh boy - liquids are a struggle and forget thick soups! This should be interesing. Well I'm holding the liquids down but to top it off it ain't fun to have post nasal drip when you have had a tight fill!

I'm crawling along which was why she gave me more of a fill this time... but oh boy - liquids are a struggle and forget thick soups! This should be interesing. Well I'm holding the liquids down but to top it off it ain't fun to have post nasal drip when you have had a tight fill!

How much are you able to drink? are you able to do Protein Shakes? I think you are losing weight nicely!

How much are you able to drink? are you able to do Protein Shakes? I think you are losing weight nicely!

Crawling because this month was 2 lbs that was why she gave me more of a fill - she was debating between .5cc to .7 and I talked her into .7. They always ask us where we are on the chart (do u have that? the yellow/green/red chart?). I said 70 pct of the time yellow; 30 pct green). I also did mention I had a PB or slime a week - she wasn't too concerned about that as long as its not episodes of 4 hours of throwing up. She said I just really need to slow down the eating and wait 30 seconds before next bite (Now I will really need to anyway I'm sure).

But overall i'm happy and hey its the most i've lost in about 10 years I can only manage to only lose 15- 20 lbs before regaining. Plus I'm fitting into clothes I haven't fit into in 5 years. So its all good.

I am able to do Protein shakes so will ride this out possibly till monday where hopefully I'll be restricted BUT able to eat. I've also been able to drink my Water. As long as I can do that I'm ok otherwise I'll have to go in for an unfill which i doubt will be necessary. Of course if I can't keep food down by monday then I'll have to.