Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

i think i am at my sweet spot!!! not sure yet, but i feel great restriction and am not hungry at all. i have had 3 fills for a total of 7cc's. the scale is finally moving and i feel great. i have a 14cc band. i hope this is it!!! i am so excited! I wish everyone a HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

That's great! I'm hoping with my next fill that I am there as well> I feel that I am almost there> I have 5.5 at the moment, probably be at 7 next time. Will see. Great job.

I am so stuck & frustrated right now that I could just scream! and I have! LOL

I have been exercising 60-90 mins. every day (most days twice). Watching my food and still NO MOVEMENT on Mr.Scale:frown::bored::frown::):frown::).

Please share with me what you are doing for exercise? How often and how much time your spending with each workout?

What about food? are u measuring? what is your typical day of eating (breakfast,lunch,dinner,snacks).

I really am just disgusted and ready to give up! Grrrrrrrr!

Don't give up I was in the same boat ...you can click on my first diet ticker for my weight history... for one month i was between 214 and 217.... and YAY now its heading south - I hit my 31 lb mark weight loss!

If you are weight training that adds muscle which weighs more (the good news is also burns more fat).

I do measure and log everything so I can look back at problem areas plus when we get our fills they ask how we are feeling and if I can't remember what I"m eating then that is useless to me.

You had one fill if i remember it will get better with more (i am up to second). My next one may be all I need for some time. if you compare my weight to the fill dates you will see also (all on my signature).

I eat about 1200 cals a day- 80 to 100 grams protein; no more than 40 grams fat and no more than 50 grams carbs but that can go to 100 when working out heavy (that means my horseback riding training sessions). Mind you that is an ideal day not actual but this week where the weight has been dropping the most I have stuck to this - (and about 900 cals).

I have been exercising 60-90 mins. every day (most days twice). Watching my food and still NO MOVEMENT on Mr.Scale:frown::thumbup::frown::lol::frown::frown:.

Please share with me what you are doing for exercise? How often and how much time your spending with each workout?

What about food? are u measuring? what is your typical day of eating (breakfast,lunch,dinner,snacks).

Don't give up! In my opinion I think you maybe working out too much and maybe gaining muscle. Me personally try to stick to one or two Protein Shakes a day, plus a sensible dinner sticking between 800-1500 calories ( Most days 1200 calories). I work out 5 days a week 30- 60 minutes a day. I do DvDs like Jillian Michaels, Biggest Loser, Tae Bo, and Walk away the pounds. These seem to work for me especially Jillian she kicks my butt, literally. It will begin to budge, don't get discouraged. Take care>

And another thing to add Dee was that in this whole time I was stuck people who hadn't seen me in 3 weeks noticed a loss! So don't despair maybe start measuring yourself as well.

Hi All,

Just a quick update.... I had my second fill November 13th lost 2.9KG that makes 19.9kg all up (I think thats about 44lbs) I'm feeling good and Doc's happy with my progress so far I think I am close to being at my sweet spot I'm not hungry between meals although I can still eat whatever foods I like nothing seems to get stuck or disagree with me so far..... but I CHEW CHEW CHEW ! until there is nothing left to swallow but mush.... I'm Going back for another doctors visit on the 30th November and I hope that see's another couple of kilo's gone...wish me luck and keep up the great work everyone you are all doing so well :thumbup:

Dewberry

I have been exercising 60-90 mins. every day (most days twice). Watching my food and still NO MOVEMENT on Mr.Scale:frown::thumbup::frown::unsure::frown::(.

Dee, it sounds like maybe you just need a bigger fill? Maybe exercising TOO much?

I usually exercise 5 days a week for 30-45 mins, but some hectic days I have to miss exercise. I eat around 1200 calories a day. I log my food sometimes, but not always. I NEVER measure or weigh my food.

The thing is, I'm just not as hungry. Not hungry between meals. So the fill is working for me. I think this could be what you need?

Don't give up! Plateaus happen, but it will move! Good luck!

Hello everyone! Tomorrow I go for my third fill and can't wait. I was down two more lbs this morning which is great. My sister brought me some of her 16's and a 14 and they all fit. I am so happy, just can't wait til my size 10's can fit. Shouldn't be long. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Hello everyone! Tomorrow I go for my third fill and can't wait. I was down two more lbs this morning which is great. My sister brought me some of her 16's and a 14 and they all fit. I am so happy, just can't wait til my size 10's can fit. Shouldn't be long. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Let us know how your 3rd fill goes and those 10's will begin fitting in no time! Your our September Honor student! LOL

I can't believe how much you have lost! That is awesome. You need to post some before and afters! Good luck with fill #3. Mine is Dec. 1, but I think I am going to get just a little bit, the second fill is working pretty well still.

I can't believe how much you have lost! That is awesome. You need to post some before and afters! Good luck with fill #3. Mine is Dec. 1, but I think I am going to get just a little bit, the second fill is working pretty well still.

hey Gen - I'm dec 1 too but I'm thinking of pushing it back a week or two.. Main reason is that we have people in from out of town for work and I"m sure dinner is involved. PLUS frankly I haven't gotten a grip yet - I have a PB once a week I actually was thinking wow I finally got a grip been doing good and had a bad one today. I think this one was stuck vs eating too fast. But on the eat too fasts - once either the PB or slime happens then I can eat which tells me its not a restriction thing. Its a learning curve thing. This one today I think will require liquids I have some pain. Not to be graphic but there seem to be the 'gentle' ones which just make you feel better (you sort of make it happen) then today - i tried to fight it and then it was a 'forced' thing thus it hurt more.

Is anyone else not having these issues? I feel like I'm the only one complaining about this. And honestly I think I am being careful on my first bites and stuff but I must not be. I prob need to wait FIVE mins between bites - ugh.

hmarko,

I'm two months out and have had just one fill and you and I sound sort of in the same boat! I had a major pb episode yesterday at lunch (eating at my desk in my office). My poor office mate thought I needed the Heimlich manuever and knocked at my door. Yikes.:ohmy: I tried to eat a raw carrot and I think that was the problem.

Usually I seem to pb at dinner, because that's when I'm the hungriest. So I know I start eating too fast. I don't feel very restricted, even though I still get stuck (more than once a week). I'm scheduled for a fill in a week; we'll see how it goes.

Hang in there.

Deb how much of a fill do you have? I just tried to push my dec 1 appt but my choices were dec 22 or in Jan w/ my surgeon so I'm keeping my appt she will prob do a 1/2 cc like last time. This would be my third fill but I have been having this happen since the beginning though it does seem to be getting better (maybe I am finally learning).

isn't all this pb'ing bad for and risk slippage? I posted at the NYU board but I should prob post here ... there seem to ge what i call gentle pb's and then there are the more 'violent' pbs. which is what I had yesterday. I'm actually on liquids/mushies (ie if I can't do mushies I'll go back to liquids).

The gentle pb's i can eat after. But yesterday. It hurt i fought it and coughed and out it came (gee another unexpected surprise!!) Be warned if you are in public and you are trying to fight this and let the feeling pass? It can suddenly come up it seems! I bet my strategy should be to eat out more. I bet THEN i would be extra careful!!!!

I really don't know how much of a fill I have right now, but I'm going to ask the doctor when I go in on Nov. 30 for my 2nd fill. I think I have a 10cc band, and I'm pretty sure they only put in 1cc for the 1st fill.

I worry about the pb'ing too, but I'm not sure that it will lead to the band slipping. I've read different things on this board about it; guess I have another question for the doc.

Hey ladies,

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Almost. Don't give up. I am still eating what I want including bread. My 1st fill was a bust. I go back on the 30th. I have lost about 8 pounds but I don't think that is nearly enough when it has been 6 weeks since my fill. I did not make my weight loss goal YET. I still have a couple of days-excluding tomorrow. I do believe that you can exercise too much. I only speak of this becuase I could have sworn another pcos'er was struggling along with me and I wanted your opinion.

I stopped taking my MET cause It was cause me to have a menstration all the time. Since I started taking it a month and half ago my period has been on. I couldn't take it any long and just stoppe and guess what. It stopped too.