Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Well I have reached my Turkey Day goal weight, even though I have been stuck at it for 3 wks now. I am just happy to have gotten there.

By the way, they have a new Valentine's Day Challenge if anyone is interested, I find these challenges keep me focused. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/valentines-day-wt-loss-challenge-2010-a-105151/

I got my first fill yesterday. Of course I won't know for awhile, because I am on liquids. I got 2ccs but that is fairly aggressive since I have a 4cc band. I feel restriction as much as possible with liquids, so I am hoping it works out well. My daughter who is also banded with the same band I have, thinks this is way too aggressive. She has lost most of her weight with less than 1cc. Anyone else have any ideas here? Just curious......

I am not feeling much restriction with 2cc in my 4cc band. Very little actually. How are the 2cc's treating you now?

I think I will wait through the Holidays before going back for more fill. But the scales aren't moving, and I am hungry alot..

Take care-

K~

Hey, 4 pounds is NOTHING for a 3 week vacation!!! You should be proud of yourself! And that fill should help a bunch.

Wow--I agree with that! 4 pounds on a 3 week cruise isn't bad at all. I would be proud! I gained 12 pounds (pre-band) on my 1 week all inclusive resort honeymoon! LOL

I think your doing GREAT!

K~

I am not feeling much restriction with 2cc in my 4cc band. Very little actually. How are the 2cc's treating you now?

I think I will wait through the Holidays before going back for more fill. But the scales aren't moving, and I am hungry alot..

Take care-

K~

Well it has been 5 days with only 3 days on solids. I feel the restriction and now I need to just wait for the scales to start moving again. I have figured out that the band doesn't stop me from overeating if I want to. It just helps with the hunger in between. I eat 1 or 1 1/2 cups really slow and it makes me feel satisfied. I do sometimes feel hungry though, and I am drinking Water instead of eating. So far I am in control so it is okay. I will wait also for a decision on more fill.

Take care-

K~

Hi I got a second fill on Tuesday for a total to 4.5 cc. I do not feel any restriction at all. I am very frustrated. I got this done as a tool to help tell me when I am full. My dr. said my band is a size large and holds 14 cc. I asked for more and they said no don't want to be to aggressive and make you vomit. Also do your dr's take the old fill out and then add new? Mine just added. I'm a little concerned. Also I don't have to do liquids after. :)

Hi I got a second fill on Tuesday for a total to 4.5 cc. I do not feel any restriction at all. I am very frustrated. I got this done as a tool to help tell me when I am full. My dr. said my band is a size large and holds 14 cc. I asked for more and they said no don't want to be to aggressive and make you vomit. Also do your dr's take the old fill out and then add new? Mine just added. I'm a little concerned. Also I don't have to do liquids after. :)

You may need to get a couple more fills before you actually reach restriction. You will need to get at least half of that 14 ccs in you to get much restriction. Also I have had some help with hunger, but you still need to limit your meals to 1 1/2 cups. If you do that and try to eat good bandster foods, you are more likely to stay satisfied longer. It helps me to voluntarily limit my amount to the 1 1/2 cups. We also need to change the definition of full!! If I stop enjoying the taste of what I am eating, I stop and realize a little later that it was actually enough. We got to be this overweight because we believed we needed to be stuffed to be full. Then we keep grazing because we find out that the stuffed feeling starts to subside. We will never lose the weight if we keep this belief. The band is a tool, so we can't expect it to do it for us. Yes I know this concept is a disappointment. Hang in there, it will begin to happen when you get enough restriction.

they prob are not having you do liquids because they don't sound aggressive in their fills. My first fill went nearly to 50 pct of the band capacity - after this second fill .50 cc because I was having some trouble when I ate fast. I'm finally getting a grip!

hi, ladies. Just checking in. I'm still not losing and I'm constantly hungry. I will be very happy when the end of the month comes so that I can get a fill and start losing again. It's so frustrating. UGH!

same here its slow going. One minute i'm down 3 lbs then for the next 3 weeks I bounce up and down no further than the original 3 lbs. I seem to have good restriction though probably not at my sweet spot.

We have to keep reminding ourselves that this is a lifetime journey and we are not on a timetable. I am stuck right now too, but I just keep trying to do the right thing and forgive myself when I am not 100% perfect and make a mistake. Getting back on my healthy lifestyle after making a poor choice is a HUGE improvement for me. In the past, one poor choice would send me on a eating binge or make me give up all together. Since being banded, I don't see that happening anymore.:wink2::wub::tongue2::wub:

I'm still stuck at 220 as well. 2 lbs away from my Thanksgiving goal. Hopefully it will come off before then. Been more hungry this week, scheduled for a fill on the 23rd. Take care.

I'm still stuck at 220 as well. 2 lbs away from my Thanksgiving goal. Hopefully it will come off before then. Been more hungry this week, scheduled for a fill on the 23rd. Take care.

Amanda, will still be your 3rd fill? Did you find the 2nd one worked better/longer than the 1st? Just curious.

So even though I haven't moved a lot in the last 3 weeks people who haven't seen me in 2-3 weeks are noticing a change so that is good! NSV!!!

So even though I haven't moved a lot in the last 3 weeks people who haven't seen me in 2-3 weeks are noticing a change so that is good! NSV!!!

I also didn't lose for about three week before my first fill, but during that time, my pants kept feeling looser and looser. I think we do lose inches at different times than our scale loss.

Well I have reached my Turkey Day goal weight, even though I have been stuck at it for 3 wks now. I am just happy to have gotten there.

By the way, they have a new Valentine's Day Challenge if anyone is interested, I find these challenges keep me focused. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/valentines-day-wt-loss-challenge-2010-a-105151/

Way to go! That is awesome, you have less than 50 lbs to go!