Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

So even though I haven't moved a lot in the last 3 weeks people who haven't seen me in 2-3 weeks are noticing a change so that is good! NSV!!!

Excellent! Great NSV!

Hi, everyone!!! It's been a LONG while since I posted, but I've been reading through some posts and it sounds like everyone is doing pretty good, maybe a few minor set backs but the support and encouragement from everyone is awesome. I am having a REALLY rough time, I gained 4lbs back so now i'm at like 8lbs, and I haven't been able to lose ANYTHING. I only have 1.5ccs in my band and i've just past the 2month post op mark. I'm so dissapointed. I am getting another fill on Wednesday (it was supposed to be December 2, but I called to see if I could get in faster because I feel so hungry and never full) I know they are only gonna give me 1cc maybe 1.5, although i'm going to ask for 2cc...............they are very conservative there. If I can only get 1cc then i'm going to ask if I can have another before I drive to MS for Christmas with the family. My husband is coming home for rest and relaxation from afghanistan in about 3wks and I was really hoping to have made a bigger change by now..............so that bums me out. I ordered new athletic shoes so they should be in today............any busy moms have exercises to share that they do that have a big impact??? Or DVD's???

Hi, everyone!!! It's been a LONG while since I posted, but I've been reading through some posts and it sounds like everyone is doing pretty good, maybe a few minor set backs but the support and encouragement from everyone is awesome. I am having a REALLY rough time, I gained 4lbs back so now i'm at like 8lbs, and I haven't been able to lose ANYTHING. I only have 1.5ccs in my band and i've just past the 2month post op mark. I'm so dissapointed. I am getting another fill on Wednesday (it was supposed to be December 2, but I called to see if I could get in faster because I feel so hungry and never full) I know they are only gonna give me 1cc maybe 1.5, although i'm going to ask for 2cc...............they are very conservative there. If I can only get 1cc then i'm going to ask if I can have another before I drive to MS for Christmas with the family. My husband is coming home for rest and relaxation from afghanistan in about 3wks and I was really hoping to have made a bigger change by now..............so that bums me out. I ordered new athletic shoes so they should be in today............any busy moms have exercises to share that they do that have a big impact??? Or DVD's???

I am very happy for you that your husband is coming home and its very kewl that your coming to the coast. My doctor is also very conservative. I did not feel anything from my first fill and I am hoping for more from my second fill. I don't know if your doctor will give you another fill if he knows you will be headed out of town. Mine wouldn't, but it doesn't hurt to ask. My gym has a nursery, do you know if there is one near you that offers that? Just a thought, most gyms will give you a short trial membership. Good luck!

Amanda, will still be your 3rd fill? Did you find the 2nd one worked better/longer than the 1st? Just curious.

Second one has worked better and longer I believe. I definetaly have some restriction, I just feel hungry sometimes between meals and hopefully this next fill will help with that. Going to post some new pictures. Everyone should check them out. Oh the scale moved today. 219 finally. Happy about that.

I'm a busy mom and found out that I get better results from DVD's than the gym. My favorites at the moment are The biggest loser DVD's and Jillian Michael's DVD's. I tell you Jillian's workouts are short compared to others but I tell you she will work you. They are great. I also like the Walk away the pounds videos. I have asked my husband for Chalean extreme for Christmas, so we will see. I hope this helps.

My husband is coming home for rest and relaxation from afghanistan in about 3wks

It is great that your husband is coming home. My son is too in 2 weeks. I am going to N.C. to be there when he gets off the bus. Nothing to do with weight loss but cool anyway!!!

I'm a busy mom and found out that I get better results from DVD's than the gym. My favorites at the moment are The biggest loser DVD's and Jillian Michael's DVD's. I tell you Jillian's workouts are short compared to others but I tell you she will work you. They are great. I also like the Walk away the pounds videos. I have asked my husband for Chalean extreme for Christmas, so we will see. I hope this helps.

I agree, Jillian's DVDs are great. I hate the gym. I run outside, on my treadmill at home, or do a DVD or the Wii.

Congrats on that 1 after the 2!

My husband is coming home for rest and relaxation from afghanistan in about 3wks
My son is too in 2 weeks. I am going to N.C. to be there when he gets off the bus.

God Bless both of you, your husband and your son for all the sacrifices you have made to keep us all safe. Tell them both THANK YOU!:w00t::wub::lol::wub::smile:

God Bless both of you, your husband and your son for all the sacrifices you have made to keep us all safe. Tell them both THANK YOU!:w00t::wub::lol::wub::smile:

I really appreciate this because I am old enough to remember what happened to the guys who fought in Vietnam. I am against this war, but I am so pro troops. I still don't know why it happened the way it did in the 70s but I am grateful that people treat my son with respect and often tell him thank you....

I really appreciate this because I am old enough to remember what happened to the guys who fought in Vietnam. I am against this war, but I am so pro troops. I still don't know why it happened the way it did in the 70s but I am grateful that people treat my son with respect and often tell him thank you....

Your welcome, If he were not going to be home with his family, I would have gotten my kiddies to send him some cards or package. He won't need them since he will have the gift of being home. But if he has any buddies that might appreciate some cards from my children, please let me know, they would jump at the chance to do so!

:w00t::wub::lol::wub::smile:

I saw this article on web MD about wii games, I thought I would post since alot of us banders are either already doing wii or planning on it.

To estimate energy expenditure, they used a standard unit called METs, or metabolic equivalent values. "A MET of 3, for example, means an activity requires three times as much energy expenditure as resting," Miyachi says.

According to AHA guidelines, light-intensity exercise is less than 3 METs, moderate-intensity exercise is 3 to 6 METs, and vigorous activity is more than 6 METs. An adult walking 3 miles an hour on a flat surface expends just over 3 METs, the AHA says.

The study shows that:

• Nine Wii activities required an energy expenditure of less than 2 METs.
  • 23 activities required 2 to 3 METs.
  • None of the activities required 3 to 4 METs.
  • Five activities required more than 4 METs.

The most intense exercise was the single-arm stand in the Wii fit package, which required an energy expenditure of nearly 6 METs. "It's a difficult resistance exercise that involves standing up and lying down," Miyachi says.

The Wii sports boxing game came in at 4 1/2 METs, while both the Wii tennis and baseball games were associated with moderate-intensity expenditures of about 3 METs.

Wii golfers and bowlers may have to get out and do the real thing to get the health benefits of exercise: both came in at less than 3 METs.

While yoga and balance exercises didn't burn as many calories as other Wii activities, they help improve flexibility and reduce the risk for falls.

Your welcome, If he were not going to be home with his family, I would have gotten my kiddies to send him some cards or package. He won't need them since he will have the gift of being home. But if he has any buddies that might appreciate some cards from my children, please let me know, they would jump at the chance to do so!

:w00t::wub::lol::wub::smile:

I think most of them are coming home with him, but thank you thank you thank you again!!!

I made it to my THanksgiving goal. I am so happy. My next two goals is to be 206 for Christmas and 204 for new years eve. My next fill should help me with that. Good luck to everyone else. I'm also glad that some of our boys are coming home.

I made it to my THanksgiving goal. I am so happy. My next two goals is to be 206 for Christmas and 204 for new years eve. My next fill should help me with that. Good luck to everyone else. I'm also glad that some of our boys are coming home.

Congrats to you Amanda! I didn't do a Christmas goal, but I will do a New Years Eve and Valentines Day goals. I think these little goals keep me more aware. Good luck to you too!:redface:

Edited by nawlinzlady

i think i am at my sweet spot!!! not sure yet, but i feel great restriction and am not hungry at all. i have had 3 fills for a total of 7cc's. the scale is finally moving and i feel great. i have a 14cc band. i hope this is it!!! i am so excited! I wish everyone a HAPPY THANKSGIVING.