Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Hey AmandakRangel,,,, maybe with your working out, you are loosing fat, but gaining muscle. That would keep your weight staying the same? Just a thought:-)

I know that long term, the people who have the new bands are the most satisfied over time, however when I read these forums, I am seeing a lot of unhappiness with them. I have a small 4cc band and I am very happy. I am only 5 1/2 weeks post op but I wonder about this, any thoughts out there about it?

I too have a 4cc band. It is 10CM in Diameter, but only holds 4cc of saline for fills. I got my first fill yesterday of 2cc and so far am not feeling any restriction, of course I am still on liquids. I had thought my band held 10cc of saline, but not so. Where did you get your lap band? I had mine done in Mexico. So far I am pleased with mine, not loosing alot of weight yet. But feeling good.

K~

I too have a 4cc band. It is 10CM in Diameter, but only holds 4cc of saline for fills. I got my first fill yesterday of 2cc and so far am not feeling any restriction, of course I am still on liquids. I had thought my band held 10cc of saline, but not so. Where did you get your lap band? I had mine done in Mexico. So far I am pleased with mine, not loosing alot of weight yet. But feeling good.

K~

I also went to Mexico. It is interesting that you don't feel restriction with 2CC. I am going to get my first fill next Monday. I guess I will talk it over with the doc. My daughter also has a 4cc band, and feels overfilled right now and she is .4cc. She is getting it all taken out today. She has lost 95lbs so I guess it is fine but it is interesting how people vary. I am down 20 lbs and happy with it....:drool:

It kinda scares me a bit to see I am at half capacity and not feeling it. Could it have slipped??? or my pouch stretched??? Or are we all just that different? I am 20 pounds down total, but most was lost in the first 2-3 weeks. Kinda now just gaining and loosing the same 2 pounds--up and down--of course I weigh myself everyday and I know thats probably not good, but I have too...lol I have noticied that maybe I am not as hungry since my fill yesterday. So maybe its working. I hope so.

When she had me swallow Water till I could feel the restriction, I felt nothing--at all. No slowing down nothing. Maybe time will tell.

K~

It kinda scares me a bit to see I am at half capacity and not feeling it. Could it have slipped??? or my pouch stretched??? Or are we all just that different? I am 20 pounds down total, but most was lost in the first 2-3 weeks. Kinda now just gaining and loosing the same 2 pounds--up and down--of course I weigh myself everyday and I know thats probably not good, but I have too...lol I have noticied that maybe I am not as hungry since my fill yesterday. So maybe its working. I hope so.

When she had me swallow Water till I could feel the restriction, I felt nothing--at all. No slowing down nothing. Maybe time will tell.

K~

Yes and since you are still on liquids it is hard to tell. I have read here and on other forums that it sometimes takes two weeks after a fill to feel full restriction. This is why they don't recommend getting a fill just before going on a trip, in case it ends up being too full and you are far away from home.

So it sounds like you are weighing every day!! I can not do that. It is extremely frustruating to me. I pick one day each week and weigh on that day. We have many fluctuations and especially as women. I can go up and down 3 or 4 lbs. from day to day. If I weigh one day a week and write down what I have accomplished, it helps me a lot. :drool:

I am every moment I walk past the stupid thing I weigh. I'm ready to stop but now I think I'm addicted. I think next, week (as difficult as it sounds) I am going to do it once.

I am every moment I walk past the stupid thing I weigh. I'm ready to stop but now I think I'm addicted. I think next, week (as difficult as it sounds) I am going to do it once.

I have done that too. If you think about it, if you drink a glass of Water, that weighs a half of a pound. If you have to weigh every day, just do it in the morning when you wake up. That is when we weigh the least and we don't have all the stuff we ate and drank in us any more.

For me though, that is too much. I am much less obsessed if I put the scale in a cupboard and ignore it for a week.:drool:

Ever since I started my liquid diet I have got addicted to weighing every day. I know you aren't suppose to do that,,, but for me,,, even though there are days I go 2 to 3 pounds up and down,,, it keeps me motivated,,, on a day I see the 2 or 3 pounds go up,,, it makes me more motivated to eat the right things to get back on track. Crazy I know,,, but this whole over eating and dieting thing, even with the band is such a head game for me. Does that make sense to anyone else???

Hey AmandakRangel,,,, maybe with your working out, you are loosing fat, but gaining muscle. That would keep your weight staying the same? Just a thought:-)

Hey thanks, but it's finally moving again. Down 50 lbs today!:thumbup:

Hey thanks, but it's finally moving again. Down 50 lbs today!:thumbup:

That is awesome! Way to go Amanda!

I just got a second fill on Tues, and whoa what a difference! I went from 4 ccs to 6 ccs. Waaayyy more restriction now, so hopefully my scale will start moving too!

Hi Everyone,

I havn't been on for a while and noticed you are talking about the dreaded scales and little or no movement southward ! (As you may have read in my earlier posts I have committed to not weighing myself between doctors visits so I don't sabotage myself with bad thoughts and return to old habbits, next Doctors visit is next Friday and I am busting to know how much I have lost !) ......anyway I have a suggestion that might work for you as it has for me in the past and I am doing it again now .....measure yourself Neck, Waist and Hips then each week when you weigh yourself measure as well and you will be pleasently surprised even when the scales don't move the measurments do !

Keep up the good work it is a long and winding road with long uphill battles and then the downhill run with the breeze in your face and the sunshine on your back.......it will all be worth it in the end it's going to take some time so keep positive.

:youcandothis:Everyone on what you have achieved so far

Dewberry :thumbup:

I just got a second fill on Tues, and whoa what a difference! I went from 4 ccs to 6 ccs. Waaayyy more restriction now, so hopefully my scale will start moving too!

I know me too! I am now at 5.5 cc and I can tell the difference, I mean I go sometimes hours without feeling hungry. It's great! I hope the scale starts to move for you as well.

I had my surger 9/23/09

I had my first fill on 10/27.. 4cc

I also feel hungry all the time! I have lost 20lbs since I was banded but that weight loss happened during the 2wks after surgery. Needless to say that I am sad I don't know what to do to get this band to work

I am in the same spot as you. I have lost a total of 21 pounds and that was 3 weeks after surgery (sept 4) I got a fill on Oct. 15 and have no restriction. My dr. would not let me come back in. Said I had to wait 4 weeks. Now I will go on Nov. 19, I am very frustrated. I can eat and eat. I have been stopping myself, but it is very hard. :)

K~

They tell me if it slipped its very painful. I too find it odd that yo are at half restriction and you don't feel anything. Do you feel anything if you drink really cold water? Can you drink that fast? Maybe they put .4cc??? I went to a bit over half 5.5 and I couldn't even swallow water - they dropped me to 4.7cc.

Gen I just got a second fill today but i asked for a 'baby' fill cuz i have had 5 pb episodes in between eating like crazy very volatile. If i find i'm eating too much i'll go back for more. i'm at 5.2 now. I didn't feel it this time not even when drinking the water. Very slightly - anyway I'm on liquids now. PS when you do liquids do you do thick liquids like Soup?