Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

I am adding myself, finally.

Sexy Septembers' Band List

Soco 9/01/09

Amandakrangel 9/1/09

Coloradomom (Gen) 9/1/09

ms_Hart37 9/1/09

mosean6278 09/01/09

katklaws 09/01/09

SmilinShel (Michelle) 09/01/09

Comet321 (Chris) 9/1/09

ivy76 9/02/09

Amchenai (Anna) 9/2/2009

$occer mom 9/3/09

agnaus (Terri) 9/3/09

Jmtmb (JoLynne ) 9/4/09

JLDChester(Jamie)9/4/09

Cortney75 (Cortney) 9/4/09

tzn (Karena) 9/8/09

mrsyellis (yohontas)9/08/09

juststarting 9/8/09

Jules 09/09/09

Soldiersgem(ginna) 9/9/09

pr8453(Pam) 9/9/09

bradybrat 09/09/09

Ready4a2ndchance 9/09/09

travel (Anita) 09/09/09

10bluetoes 09/09/09

kittkat2009 09/10/09

Hmarko (helen) 9/11/09

stardustic 9/11/09

BrentinLA 9/14/09

Queen Bee 9/14/09

amwash23 9/14/09

romain123 9/14/09

Nawlinzlady (Dee) 9/15/09

Anni80 (annie) 9/15/09

Lula 9/15/09

smallerj (jes) 9/16/09

Boo Cakes 9/16/09

Hardygostlin (Jody) 9/17/09

Loveslady(Tawonda) 9/17/09

Gatorgirl1024 (Shelley) 9/17/09

MishiB (Michelle) 9/17/09

Kimberlyann2009 (Kimberly) 9/17/09

Sharie3 9/21/09

Italia2020 (Mia) 09/21/09

Ariane (Ariane) 09/21/09

Jenna1979 (Jennifer) 09/22/09

Pookiemp 9/23/2009

leigna 09/24/09

Butsy 9/24/09

Chickychoo (Jill) 09/28/09

Kinzie 09/28/09

Soexcited 9/30/09

ShrinkingV (Vickie) 9/30/09

Katlynn (Kat) 9/30/09

Edited by amchenai

Originally Posted by Butsy viewpost.gif

Sexy Septembers' Band List

Soco 9/01/09

Amandakrangel 9/1/09

Coloradomom (Gen) 9/1/09

ms_Hart37 9/1/09

mosean6278 09/01/09

katklaws 09/01/09

SmilinShel (Michelle) 09/01/09

Comet321 (Chris) 9/1/09

ivy76 9/02/09

Amchenai (Anna) 9/2/2009

$occer mom 9/3/09

agnaus (Terri) 9/3/09

Jmtmb (JoLynne ) 9/4/09

JLDChester(Jamie)9/4/09

Cortney75 (Cortney) 9/4/09

tzn (Karena) 9/8/09

mrsyellis (yohontas)9/08/09

juststarting 9/8/09

Jules 09/09/09

Soldiersgem(ginna) 9/9/09

pr8453(Pam) 9/9/09

bradybrat 09/09/09

Ready4a2ndchance 9/09/09

travel (Anita) 09/09/09

10bluetoes 09/09/09

kittkat2009 09/10/09

Hmarko (helen) 9/11/09

stardustic 9/11/09

BrentinLA 9/14/09

Queen Bee 9/14/09

amwash23 9/14/09

romain123 9/14/09

Nawlinzlady (Dee) 9/15/09

Anni80 (annie) 9/15/09

Lula 9/15/09

smallerj (jes) 9/16/09

Boo Cakes 9/16/09

Hardygostlin (Jody) 9/17/09

Loveslady(Tawonda) 9/17/09

Gatorgirl1024 (Shelley) 9/17/09

MishiB (Michelle) 9/17/09

Kimberlyann2009 (Kimberly) 9/17/09

JoJo1 (Donna) 9/19/09

Sharie3 9/21/09

Italia2020 (Mia) 09/21/09

Ariane (Ariane) 09/21/09

Jenna1979 (Jennifer) 09/22/09

Pookiemp 9/23/2009

leigna 09/24/09

Butsy 9/24/09

Chickychoo (Jill) 09/28/09

Kinzie 09/28/09

Soexcited 9/30/09

ShrinkingV (Vickie) 9/30/09

Katlynn (Kat) 9/30/09

what is this whole you are talking about?

small pin hole. A hole. Looks like I can see through to the other side-not really though. Today, I put a band aid on it and now i'm lettng it "breathe" and it seems to be closing.

Friends, just wanted to share that I have reached my first 10% - that is 23.4 pounds gone forever! :cursing:

I have made peace with the lack of restriction for the next week and a half - I'm making up for it by exercising every day and choosing filling, healthy foods. Makes a big difference! Trying to have a salad every lunch and dinner - really helps fill me up.

Congrats on the 10% - I'm at 10 % too YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am feeling like I can eat more now - 6 days post fill but it is STILL less than what it was before. And today I ate mushies and that is probably part of the problem. I need ideas on food I think for work... what are you guys doing? How is salad's going down w/ fills?

Interesting... My family doctor recommended me to NYU because they have excellent aftercare. They are SOOO busy but you know any time i've called they answer my questions and I have email access to the nutritionist and nurse. And you can't call the place you did the surgery either? It sounds like its the healing process and its taking longer for your diaphragm to get back to normal.. and maybe they did not take out the extra gas some doctors don't do that though they really should. (I read that on here). I don't really know.

If you could do it over would you go somewhere that you can get more support? Just curious if you were to give advice to any bandsters to be what you would say.

Well one thing I know for sure is--you can't beat the price of having it done in MX. I have great insurance that I pay a bundle for ( a 90-10 plan), but they won't TOUCH anything to do with weight loss. The cost of the surgery and two nights with meals there was $5000.00, plus the airfare for my husband and I, about another $500.00. I think the quality of care was excellent-maybe even better than the states- efficient- and quick. I had a nurse that checked on me every half hour throughout the night, the first night after surgery. My husband slept in the same room with me in the next bed. I had blood work and an EKG before my surgery. It all seemed very simplified. One nurse was pulling on my compression hose as another nurse was putting in my IV. I WALKED to the operating room, and WALKED back--that was a little odd.-but all in all--it was an experience that I would have to say was better than surgery in the US. No long drawn out paperwork, waiting...bull...

I landed in San Diego at 12:30pm and was in surgery across the border, at 3:30...WOW. Out of recovery around 5pm. The clinic was clean, and the care was genuin.

The issue now is--do I have the fortitude to do this without alot of after care. Do we really need all the follow-up, and the special monitering--and the constant doctoring??? I know if something serious happens, I can go to the ER. I do have a phone number of the doctor and clinic where I had my surgery as well as a patient advocate who is available to answer any questions.

My band is Allergan FDA approved, I received the S/N and card and all that. I was sent home with pain meds and anti-biotics, and antiseptic spray to keep the incisions clean. I had to take out the stitches myself-(Thank goodness my daughter is a RN) I will keep you informed on the rest of my journey--anyone with questions--feel free to contact me, I will be happy to talk to you.

Love to all

K~

How is everyone? I am now 3 1/2 weeks post op. I have lost about 14 lbs. since my surgery date. I have found that the most difficult part for me is meal planning and feeding my family at the same time. ((I guess it is not good to expect a five year old and a husband to go on liquids with you...LOL)) I don't really "crave" the food I cook for them. It is more about texture for me. I crave texture. I am still on the 'soft' food stage (eggs, oatmeal, overcooked veggies, etc.) but really would like to dive into a bag of anything crunchy.

Hi everyone. Had my 2nd post-op visit yesterday and it went well. He was impressed with my progress so far and so am I. Will go for my second fill next week. Can't wait for that. I did end up losing 2 lbs last week, which is good. As long as I can lose 2 every week I will be happy. Well how is everyone else?

Amanda--wow you are doing GREAT 43#'s down! My weight loss is kinda bouncing up and down a few pounds lost than gained. Looking forward to my first fill to see if that helps. Keep up the good work!

K~

Amanda--wow you are doing GREAT 43#'s down! My weight loss is kinda bouncing up and down a few pounds lost than gained. Looking forward to my first fill to see if that helps. Keep up the good work!

K~

Thank you! You are doing well too, hopefully the fill will help get you out of the rut.

Well one thing I know for sure is--you can't beat the price of having it done in MX. I have great insurance that I pay a bundle for ( a 90-10 plan), but they won't TOUCH anything to do with weight loss. The cost of the surgery and two nights with meals there was $5000.00, plus the airfare for my husband and I, about another $500.00. I think the quality of care was excellent-maybe even better than the states- efficient- and quick. I had a nurse that checked on me every half hour throughout the night, the first night after surgery. My husband slept in the same room with me in the next bed. I had blood work and an EKG before my surgery. It all seemed very simplified. One nurse was pulling on my compression hose as another nurse was putting in my IV. I WALKED to the operating room, and WALKED back--that was a little odd.-but all in all--it was an experience that I would have to say was better than surgery in the US. No long drawn out paperwork, waiting...bull...

I landed in San Diego at 12:30pm and was in surgery across the border, at 3:30...WOW. Out of recovery around 5pm. The clinic was clean, and the care was genuin.

The issue now is--do I have the fortitude to do this without alot of after care. Do we really need all the follow-up, and the special monitering--and the constant doctoring??? I know if something serious happens, I can go to the ER. I do have a phone number of the doctor and clinic where I had my surgery as well as a patient advocate who is available to answer any questions.

My band is Allergan FDA approved, I received the S/N and card and all that. I was sent home with pain meds and anti-biotics, and antiseptic spray to keep the incisions clean. I had to take out the stitches myself-(Thank goodness my daughter is a RN) I will keep you informed on the rest of my journey--anyone with questions--feel free to contact me, I will be happy to talk to you.

Love to all

K~

I don't know either this is a journey for me too :lol: I think the fills are very very important and how they handle that. Other than that - I mean I haven't had any thing that I HAD to talk to my doctor about - an occasional question on the nutrition aspect. (emailed Nutritionist). Today I threw up was thinking of email the nurse but I'll wait and see - i think i just ate too fast. I am eating like a baby now :thumbup: If I had pain I would be on liquids but I'm ok. I would be curious to hear your views on the aftercare as we all progress along the journey.

Hi everyone. Had my 2nd post-op visit yesterday and it went well. He was impressed with my progress so far and so am I. Will go for my second fill next week. Can't wait for that. I did end up losing 2 lbs last week, which is good. As long as I can lose 2 every week I will be happy. Well how is everyone else?

Two pounds a week is awesome! I would be thrilled with that. :lol: Great job.

I did lose another pound to reach the big 25 pounds lost milestone - in 7 weeks! Very happy about that. Exercising every day is helping tremendously.

I feel like I ate well more than I should of tonight but I was truly hungry, not head hunger but real hunger and I didn't even get full, I'm telling you, I can't wait till I get another fill. I just want to be able to eat about a cup of food 3 times a day and be satisfied with that and not be hungry in between. Well going to exercise now. Need to burn off the extra calories.

I've had the same hunger problem today although I have been able to control the eating part better. Just can't wait til Monday.

I have been hungry the last week. I am 4 1/2 weeks post op. I made an appt. for a fill on Nov 2. That will make me 6 1/2 weeks to first fill. I feel that I need it. I hope it helps with the hunger. I eat almost all Protein and some veggies so I don't think the hunger is from poor food choices. Anyway I am controlling food portions, but feel like I can only do it for awhile. Best to all........

Hello all. I have found out this week that I lose better doing exercises at home doing exercise videos than at the gym. I have been doing different ones and work up more of a sweat so I think that is what I am going to do instead of the gym, thank goodness I have no contract. Down another 2 lbs! Where is everyone, it has been quite the last few days. Hope everyone is doing ok.