Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Gen - Can you go sooner for a fill? They told me I would be able to if I needed to. I scheduled it in 3 weeks but i can go as soon as a week if I want.

Amanda - how do you get more restriction at night - wish I had that... do you sleep days and work nites so is nites what would be my morning?

Nope, they will only do fills 4 weeks apart - at least at this point. Also, I am out of town and have to fly in. So no changing the date, I just have to deal with it for 2 weeks. And hope the next fill does something!

((II asked about the hernia because I think it is common and that tends to hurt more post op (I think but I am not sure i didn't have one - just from what I read here). Normally you have more restriction in the morning less at night. So what happens if you do your surgery in mexico and need support do the fill docs in the US support that? How many incisions do you have? It could just be that they may not have gotten rid of the air they blew into you which may take your diaphragm longer to heal... do you have the left shoulder pain still?))

Hmarko~~

I am not sure how much "support" the fill center will offer. I have not gone there yet, it is a 4 hour drive for me. I talked to my Family Practice doctor, and she does not offer lap band support, but will moniter my general health--etc. (She thought it was a good idea that I have the surgery). I never had alot of gas/shoulder pain after the surgery--I was pleasantly surprised by that--I have 5 incisions that are very small and healing nicely! Just this pressure thing in my chest, it seems worse at night, when I lay on my left side, or move wrong. This--"no follow-up" support, post op is kinda strange--you all on here are my post op support!! :scared2:

Thanks for being here!

Love to all!

K~

Question: You know the cut that is right above the breast well mine has a slight pin hole in it and it seems to leak something clear. No smell or anything like puss. Has anyone been through this?

Question: You know the cut that is right above the breast well mine has a slight pin hole in it and it seems to leak something clear. No smell or anything like puss. Has anyone been through this?

For me it was the lowest incision near the belly button. It was taking a long time to heal and was red with a pin hole opening. I started washing the area really good with anti-bacterial soap and drying it well. I also put a little antibiotic ointment. I think drainage is good specially if it's clear. At this point I think it's just wound care. Maybe some of our medical field gals can be more help..

For me it was the lowest incision near the belly button. It was taking a long time to heal and was red with a pin hole opening. I started washing the area really good with anti-bacterial soap and drying it well. I also put a little antibiotic ointment. I think drainage is good specially if it's clear. At this point I think it's just wound care. Maybe some of our medical field gals can be more help..

Thanks so much soco. That is the reason I love this page. I get so nervous sometime s and its such a relief to hear when I'm not alone.

Ladies I gained 8 pounds:thumbdown: IN A WEEK! I became determined and told myself the same way that you put it on in a week you are taking it off in a week AND I DID:thumbup: Sometimes you gotta be stern even to yourself. Now I want to lose 3 pounds by my first fill.

I got an idea from someone-it may have been this site but it sounds soooo brilliant. I am going to me some clothes on lay-a-way too. That way i won't walk around looking like a bum. Those were my intentions until I heard this idea.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!:thumbdown:

Congratulation on you journey.. I am 4 week post op too. I tried a 1/2 sclice of pizza yesterday and nothing happened, i was waiting for something to happen (:>) but am fine ai justt stick to my portions and work out. maybe after my first fill next week things will be different

Good for you, I am happy you are determine to to keep loosing

[quote name=I am not sure how much "support" the fill center will offer. I have not gone there yet, it is a 4 hour drive for me. I talked to my Family Practice doctor, and she does not offer LAP-BAND® support, but will moniter my general health--etc. (She thought it was a good idea that I have the surgery). I never had alot of gas/shoulder pain after the surgery--I was pleasantly surprised by that--I have 5 incisions that are very small and healing nicely! Just this pressure thing in my chest, it seems worse at night, when I lay on my left side, or move wrong. This--"no follow-up" support, post op is kinda strange--you all on here are my post op support!! :thumbdown:

Thanks for being here!

Love to all!

K~[/quote]

Interesting... My family doctor recommended me to NYU because they have excellent aftercare. They are SOOO busy but you know any time i've called they answer my questions and I have email access to the nutritionist and nurse. And you can't call the place you did the surgery either? It sounds like its the healing process and its taking longer for your diaphragm to get back to normal.. and maybe they did not take out the extra gas some doctors don't do that though they really should. (I read that on here). I don't really know.

If you could do it over would you go somewhere that you can get more support? Just curious if you were to give advice to any bandsters to be what you would say.

Thanks so much soco. That is the reason I love this page. I get so nervous sometime s and its such a relief to hear when I'm not alone.

Ladies I gained 8 pounds:thumbdown: IN A WEEK! I became determined and told myself the same way that you put it on in a week you are taking it off in a week AND I DID:thumbup: Sometimes you gotta be stern even to yourself. Now I want to lose 3 pounds by my first fill.

I got an idea from someone-it may have been this site but it sounds soooo brilliant. I am going to me some clothes on lay-a-way too. That way i won't walk around looking like a bum. Those were my intentions until I heard this idea.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!:thumbdown:

Good for you taking that 8 lbs right off!!! That's the way to do it! Your first fill should help some...Mine did in the beginning, not so much now.

My next fill is 10/28. How much do you have in your band?

I just ate a healthy dinner (after nothing but Protein Shakes and some broth all day). Here's what I had: Kashi frozen chicken and pilaf meal (10 oz., 280 cals.), about 1 cup of salad with low-fat dressing, and 1/4 cup of grilled veggies. In other words, more than I should be able to eat! I was full after that meal (around 400 cals?) but it just seems like toooo much food.

I have been exercising several times a week, but I need to have more of a routine - too many days I just get to the evening and I'm too tired (or lazy!)

I am about where you are weight loss wise - 20 to 22 lbs lost since surgery depending on the day. Happy about that!:thumbdown:

They put 2.7 cc's in but said I had some stenosis around the stoma which is causing a little more of a restriction around the stoma. I know how you feel about the restriction. I feel that I could still eat more although I am still less hungry and am able to stop when I am satisfied instead of stuffing myself. We are doing fine and hopefully with the next fill we will feel like we are out of the dangerzone of overeating. About exercise, I have days that I have to make myself exercise but I do it for at least 30 minutes everyday. I try to do different things everyday to keep my body guessing what I am going to do next. Take care and remember that we can do this.

Gen - Can you go sooner for a fill? They told me I would be able to if I needed to. I scheduled it in 3 weeks but i can go as soon as a week if I want.

Amanda - how do you get more restriction at night - wish I had that... do you sleep days and work nites so is nites what would be my morning?

I do work nights but I don't know if that has anything to do with it, because I am tighter in the mornings as well, just like before I started back to work. I have noted the tightness when I eat my dinner at around 1 in the morning, so pratically it is in the early morning. Who knows?

I agree. Just keep it clean. When is your next appt with your surgeon? If the drainage turns color or starts to smell bad or the incision gets red and warm to the touch, just call your surgeon and let them know what is going on.

Add me please! Sept 15th

I was 09/19/09. I am exactly 4 weeks now. I am doing great. 15 lbs lost which is a miracle for me. I am only a BMI of 33 so I am a little slower than most. I have't had any problems other that the regular shoulder pain in the first two weeks. I have some restriction from the beginning but even if I don't feel full, I still only eat about a cup and a half. I am starting to experience a little more hunger now so I am seriously considering a fill in two more weels. Thanks for this Sept category!! Every one hang in there Okay???

JoJo...good for you! I am going to be banded in 4 days and am so ready to be under 200 pounds for the first time in over 20 years!