Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

I think that if i have that 'food' i will open a can of worms and not support my new good habits. Its like smoking - you need to be cold turkey.

I totally agree, cold turkey is the way for me now too. It would be too easy to fall back into old habits.

we need to remember it takes 6 weeks to build a new habit.

Hey I rode a horse today for 10 mins only posting trot (ie. not as much abs as sitting trot). Mine is still out of commission and this guy too is being rehabbed but we can all recover together.

OMG, my first fill will not be until nov.7th, its my own fault, because I will be out of town for 3 wks starting next friday. It's going to be a very challenging 3 wks, NO fill, having to eat my meals out instead of controlled at home and fighting my old lifestyle way of thinking (that you have to eat to have a good time on vacation). I have made a promise to myself to find some place to walk each morning and to stay on my low carbs during that time. It's going to be a struggle, put I refuse to give up any of my hard earned 20 lbs :thumbup:

You go Dee! You can do it.

hi, i was banded o set 22. I just found this group and its nice to read about people that are at the same stages as me. I have lost 27 lbs since first doc visit 6 months ago mostly since pre op diet two weeks before surgery. Only 6 lbs. since surgery. Doc said its normal because I am not restricted yet. First fill will be on Nov 25. Could have been sooner but will be at Disney with family right before that so Doc doesn't want me to go to Florida right after a fill in case of problems. I am on mushies now and get hungry a lot, but am trying very hard to be good. Bandster Hell for sure!!!! Donna

trying to get ticker to work

weight.png

I think I got it?

trying again!!!!???

Having trouble adjusting to the band. I have only been banded for a few days, but am extremely scared that I have done the wrong thing and that my life is over. Could really use some advice. I am not doing well at all.

I am afraid that life is over now that I have the band. I will never be able to go on another vacation again. I have anxiety issues and seriously need help. Is there life after the band?

I am afraid that life is over now that I have the band. I will never be able to go on another vacation again. I have anxiety issues and seriously need help. Is there life after the band?

You have absolutely nothing to worry about. I have had my first fill, have some restriction but not too much (could use a little more), and the band is controlling my hunger. My life is almost exactly the same, but better! I can eat almost everything, just smaller amounts. And not being hungry all the time is just a miracle. I LOVE the band!

The time right after surgery is hard, but you need to know that it is not going to stay this way. It is up to you how much you want to change. If you want to go extra slow, you can have a small fill and eat what you want and lose weight more slowly.

Take it easy, rest and give yourself time to heal. If you are anything like the rest of us, you did the right thing.

Hi friends,

I just had to report I am up to 22.2 pounds lost, with 3 pounds gone since my first fill last week. SOOO happy!

I thought the fill would do nothing, but it really has helped with the hunger.

Hope you are all doing well!

So glad to find this thread. I was banded Sept. 8 and will get my first fill 10/19. I have lost about 17 pounds and have no trouble with any kind of food or drink. I do feel like everyone else has lost more weight than I have...only losing about 1.5 to 2.5 per week.

Hi friends,

I just had to report I am up to 22.2 pounds lost, with 3 pounds gone since my first fill last week. SOOO happy!

YAY!!! congrats!!! thats awesome!

Remember this is not a diet, its a lifestyle change and you need to try to make good choices, everything else will take care of itself, good luck!

Hi friends,

Gen, you are doing so fantastic! will you get another fill in about a month or so?:thumbup:

So glad to find this thread. I was banded Sept. 8 and will get my first fill 10/19. I have lost about 17 pounds and have no trouble with any kind of food or drink. I do feel like everyone else has lost more weight than I have...only losing about 1.5 to 2.5 per week.

welcome to Sexy Septembers! I think you are losing pretty much that same as me. What type of exercising are you doing?

YAY!!! congrats!!! thats awesome!

You are also doing quite well, 24 pounds! Have you been able to get rid of any clothing from your closet that doesn't fit yet?