Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

have a safe holiday.

Hey ladies,

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Almost. Don't give up. I am still eating what I want including bread. My 1st fill was a bust. I go back on the 30th. I have lost about 8 pounds but I don't think that is nearly enough when it has been 6 weeks since my fill. I did not make my weight loss goal YET. I still have a couple of days-excluding tomorrow. I do believe that you can exercise too much. I only speak of this becuase I could have sworn another pcos'er was struggling along with me and I wanted your opinion.

I stopped taking my MET cause It was cause me to have a menstration all the time. Since I started taking it a month and half ago my period has been on. I couldn't take it any long and just stoppe and guess what. It stopped too.

Loveslady you are doing great! 8 lbs is great for 6 weeks that is what they expect from us 1-2 lbs a week. Unless you will say its been through sheer willpower which you probably will say!

I'm a PCO'ser but I didn't understand the question. I take the Met though I have been forgetful about it the last few weeks; I menstruate regardless but the MET totally has changed my metabolism so it just shows you how much PCO's messes it up. On the other hand as we loose weight our metabolism becomes more normal. When I first went on met about 20 years ago the weight just started flying off and I was doing nothing - this ended in about 6 months my body adjusted BUT on a few occassions I went off the met and I gained a good 20 lbs! both times. So I 'm staying on it (though I have as I said not been taking it for about a week or not taking it daily but that is still not what i meant by go off- it that was for months).

What is "PCO"? Also...what's "Met"?

Hey ladies,

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Almost. Don't give up. I am still eating what I want including bread. My 1st fill was a bust. I go back on the 30th. I have lost about 8 pounds but I don't think that is nearly enough when it has been 6 weeks since my fill. I did not make my weight loss goal YET. I still have a couple of days-excluding tomorrow. I do believe that you can exercise too much. I only speak of this becuase I could have sworn another pcos'er was struggling along with me and I wanted your opinion.

I stopped taking my MET cause It was cause me to have a menstration all the time. Since I started taking it a month and half ago my period has been on. I couldn't take it any long and just stoppe and guess what. It stopped too.

There is a whole PCO support area if you scroll to the support areas. Polycystic Ovary Syhdrome too complicated to go into here but it is as Dr Atkins put it (who I saw when he was alive) one of the most severe metabolic disorders)... there are a ton of other symptoms that wouldn't be the one that leads u to suspect pcos but it results in sever insulin resistance, no mentsruation for some; inability to get pregnant; among other symptoms. Met is short for Metformin which is mainly a diabetes drug but it was found to improve PCOS - so it is very interesting the connections.

I can't believe how much you have lost! That is awesome. You need to post some before and afters! Good luck with fill #3. Mine is Dec. 1, but I think I am going to get just a little bit, the second fill is working pretty well still.

I have some pictures on my page, in my album. Just click on my picture and go to my album. My third fill went fine. She only gave me .6 ccs. That's puts me a total of 6.1. It's going fine so far. How is everyone else? Happy Thanksgiving!

I have some pictures on my page, in my album. Just click on my picture and go to my album. My third fill went fine. She only gave me .6 ccs. That's puts me a total of 6.1. It's going fine so far. How is everyone else? Happy Thanksgiving!

hey Amanda: Can't wait to look at your pics you are doing great! Our poster child :ohmy: OK you haven't had PB's or slimes? What size band do you have and what are you eating and doing? I am so annoyed at the whole slime pb thing.

hey Amanda: Can't wait to look at your pics you are doing great! Our poster child :ohmy: OK you haven't had PB's or slimes? What size band do you have and what are you eating and doing? I am so annoyed at the whole slime pb thing.

I've only had one episode that I can recall and it was at the beginning before any fills. I have a 10 cc band. I usually have a Protein Shake for Breakfast and a small lunch of around 300 calories and 300 calorie dinner. I mean it varies what I eat. I can eat nearly anything just way smaller portions and I try to stick to lean meats and fruits and veggies. Don't eat much bread, pastas, or rice. I exercise 5 days a week, 30 - 60 minutes a day. Happy Thanksgiving!

happy thanksgiving to you too! I have a 10 cc band too (been having issues since filled to 4.7 and now 5.2). Most my incidents do surround Protein though the last really bad one did involve a toasted low carb wrap with meatballs in it. But its been fish, chicken, turkey everything. I am going to resort to drinking soon (jk). But say today and tomorrow where I don't want to be sick in front of people I am def having a glass of wine. After exercise I am looser. walk every day 2 miles; ride (horse) thats the toughest workout everything hurts 2 times a week (training not recreational); and i was going to the gym but broke my toe this past week w/ said horse so by next week I should be ok but walking is a challenge right now.

Hi everyone, I haven't been on in a while. I just had my first fill of 4 cc in a 10 cc realize band today. Doing protien shakes today. I had to wait for fill because I had a trip to disney in florida and the doc wanted to wait till after. I had my surgery sept 22 so I'm kind of behind all of you. I have lost 42 lbs since first visit to doc in Febuary. My little chihuahua died while I was on vacation, she was 8 years old and has been sick a long time but I am still heartbroken. My husband and I wanted another one right away, missing her too much!!! We found one in Virgina and are driving down to get her Friday and coming home Saturday. I start soft food Friday and solid Saturday so I'm kind of worried how this is going to go being away from home and all. Oh well, life happens and we have to adjust to many new situations I guess. Just nervous. Happy Thanksgiving, I'll be eating mine pureed, lol Donna

Hi everyone, I haven't been on in a while. I just had my first fill of 4 cc in a 10 cc realize band today. Doing protien shakes today. I had to wait for fill because I had a trip to disney in florida and the doc wanted to wait till after. I had my surgery sept 22 so I'm kind of behind all of you. I have lost 42 lbs since first visit to doc in Febuary. My little chihuahua died while I was on vacation, she was 8 years old and has been sick a long time but I am still heartbroken. My husband and I wanted another one right away, missing her too much!!! We found one in Virgina and are driving down to get her Friday and coming home Saturday. I start soft food Friday and solid Saturday so I'm kind of worried how this is going to go being away from home and all. Oh well, life happens and we have to adjust to many new situations I guess. Just nervous. Happy Thanksgiving, I'll be eating mine pureed, lol Donna

actually donna, I think that you are doing great. i too have lost around 40 lbs and i think that is good. I'm ready for more though.

My dog has congenital heart failure but he's fighting it. I don't think I could get another dog so soon. Just thinking about him dying makes me sad. You have my empathy and I hope you enjoy your little one soon. Have a safe trip.

My question was does MET make you have AF for long periods of time? It didn't always but now it just keeps going and going and going.

Hi everyone....and Happy Turkey Day! I am glad to see someone else with a 10cc band. I just found out this week that I have a 10 cc band. I got a 2cc fill last month and a 1 cc fill this week. I only lost 1 pound during the month between fills. They said sinc emy band is small, my fills will be small. I am feeling liek I stay full longer with the 3ccs I have now but wow, when I am hungry--I am HUNGRY!

I have another appointment in ealry Decemebr abnd I am going to schedlue another fill right away...won't wait a month this time.

I am happy with the 22+ pounds I have lost and since I told NO ONE that I had the surgery. No one has even noticed that I have lost any weight at all!

Hope everyone had a great holiday! Is everyone looking forward to the Christmas Holidays? I am. My goal is to be 204 by the end of the year, but the way the weight has been coming off I may be in to onderland, which would be fantastic. Hope everyone is well. I am doing great with this new fill. It's great.

Hope everyone had a great holiday! Is everyone looking forward to the Christmas Holidays? I am. My goal is to be 204 by the end of the year, but the way the weight has been coming off I may be in to onderland, which would be fantastic. Hope everyone is well. I am doing great with this new fill. It's great.

I am so jealous. I won't be to my goal when I go to the doc monday. I don't have a christmas goal but my new years goal is 230-235. Im shooting for 235 since I didn't make previous goal so I had to push things back some. I have to get on the ball. I basically have to learn to re-eat. I have been having the problems of having to take smaller bites. I am acutally able to eat normally and eat bread-heck eat everything. i am ready to have the restrictions or suffer the consequences. I need to exercise more. I've been doing 3 days a week. I really need to make it more...

I hope u surpass your goal! That would be great. I am just wanting 230.

I am so jealous. I won't be to my goal when I go to the doc monday. I don't have a christmas goal but my new years goal is 230-235. Im shooting for 235 since I didn't make previous goal so I had to push things back some. I have to get on the ball. I basically have to learn to re-eat. I have been having the problems of having to take smaller bites. I am acutally able to eat normally and eat bread-heck eat everything. i am ready to have the restrictions or suffer the consequences. I need to exercise more. I've been doing 3 days a week. I really need to make it more...

I hope u surpass your goal! That would be great. I am just wanting 230.

Don't give up. You will get there, it just takes longer for some people.:confused:

Hi All,

Very excited went for my third fill today, down another 3.6KG in two weeks that's a total of 23.5KG (51lbs) WOW ! Gotta be happy with that !!!!!

I really am in awe at the amount of weight I am loosing ....1/4 of the way there..... but still have a long ways to go

Dewberry......:confused: