Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Three months seems a very long time between fills. If the 4cc's stop working for you, call them and make an appt sooner. Three months between fills is more like doing it on your own, we got banded because we could not do it on our own :willy_nilly:

Hey there everyone, just wanted to check in and give an update. I got my fill last week. So I had 2 cc initially and got another 2 cc so now I have 4 cc's yea!. I've got restriction, not too much just enough for now I can still eat anything just feel tight in the chest area right away and some times before I even eat. The Doc says I don't go back for 3 months so I'm gonna have to work this fill until March.

Hope everyone is doing good, I don't see many post... remember it's all about the support.

Hi Dee, yea I know 3 months is a while. I have a conservative Doc. I'll play it by ear though. I figure I need to make it through xmas too.

Looks like you are doing good. we just have to take it one day at a time.

Hi Bostonlady,

I had my surgery on September 3rd. I am currently down 71 lbs. (20 lbs on pre-op liquid diet). I am currently at 4.5cc in a 10cc band. I have stalled 1 week here and there and I think I figured out a trick to move the scale.

I currently do 4-5 days of 120 minutes cardio (elliptical, treadmill & bike) and 30 minute upper body strength training. I consume 600-800 calories. Since my last fill I have not been able to tolerate bread, Pasta or rice. When I do not see results on the scale, I consume 100 less calories for 1 day then consume 300-500 calories more for 2-3 days then I go back to my regular calorie count on the 4th day. Along with my workout routine, I see the scale move (down of course!) I also switch up my work out routine to make sure my body its getting use to it.

Stay Focused! I’ve also gained since surgery but I refuse to let it deter me and keep doing my routine knowing that the pounds will go away! It’s a battle and the fat WILL NOT win!!

Hi Bostonlady,

I currently do 4-5 days of 120 minutes cardio (elliptical, treadmill & bike) and 30 minute upper body strength training. I consume 600-800 calories.

Your working out 2-1/2 hours a day? Oh my, God Bless you! You could be on The Biggest Loser show! You are my hero! :thumbup: How many fills have you had? How many cc's?

I've had 2 fills and I am currently at 4.5cc. I can't tolerate rough meats, bread, Pasta or rice.

I didn't even notice I was at 2 1/2 hours until I counted it up one day. I usually go in knowing that I have to do 30 mins on elliptal, 30 mins on treadmill and 1 hour on bike with 30 minutes of lifting...didn't dawn on me that I was working out for that long.

I only do the lifting for 2-3 days though...depending on my soreness!

I thought about the biggest loser but I could never do as much as they do (they work out 8 hours a day!)!! Jillan has them throwing up the 1st day!!!

I'm sorry everyone, I think that biggest loser thing is a total joke. Who can ever keep up that life style. I am betting most of them don't. I always find myself thinking "Why don't they just go get a band?"!! LOL....

Hi, everyone. I had to get a 3/4 cc unfill yesterday, as I couldn't eat anything without PB'ing and then it was hard to even get liquids down. i'm still swollen and on soft mushies so i hope that I still have some restriction, but I can't tell yet. Lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks.

Although I'm glad for the weight loss, living without being able to really eat sucks big time. I'd almost rather do it on will power! But if all goes well, I can go back in for a mini fill in about two weeks. That is, if I need it.

I'm happy with the amount of weight I've lost so far, just hoping it continues.

Hi, everyone. I had to get a 3/4 cc unfill yesterday, as I couldn't eat anything without PB'ing and then it was hard to even get liquids down. i'm still swollen and on soft mushies so i hope that I still have some restriction, but I can't tell yet. Lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks.

Although I'm glad for the weight loss, living without being able to really eat sucks big time. I'd almost rather do it on will power! But if all goes well, I can go back in for a mini fill in about two weeks. That is, if I need it.

I'm happy with the amount of weight I've lost so far, just hoping it continues.

Keep in mind that even if you were able to keep that much restriction, you would't keep losing like that. Your body goes into "Famine Control", slows down your metabolism and keeps you from starving to death. This is why it is important to keep from being overfilled. It isn't fun anyway, but it helps to know it is okay to eat at least a reasonable amount.

Hello Friends,

I lost 3 pounds this week! That brought me into Onederland, yay! And I even survived a holiday cocktail party and still lost weight...

So I am going to say this is definitely my sweet spot, as I told HMarko. It is just about perfect - I am never hungry, I can eat just about 1/2 cup of solid food, not much sliming as long as I chew well. Can't believe how little I eat without being hungry! Wow.

So I have 7 ccs in a 10 cc band - sounds like more than most of you. Its working!

Good luck on continuing successes!

Congratulations! I go for my next fill on the 21rst and hopefully I will be where your at on restriction. Weight loss has been slow last couple of weeks and I still get hungry especially at night, so I can't wait til I get that next fill. Happy Holidays!

Hi Bostonlady,

I had my surgery on September 3rd. I am currently down 71 lbs. (20 lbs on pre-op liquid diet). I am currently at 4.5cc in a 10cc band. I have stalled 1 week here and there and I think I figured out a trick to move the scale.

I currently do 4-5 days of 120 minutes cardio (elliptical, treadmill & bike) and 30 minute upper body strength training. I consume 600-800 calories. Since my last fill I have not been able to tolerate bread, Pasta or rice. When I do not see results on the scale, I consume 100 less calories for 1 day then consume 300-500 calories more for 2-3 days then I go back to my regular calorie count on the 4th day. Along with my workout routine, I see the scale move (down of course!) I also switch up my work out routine to make sure my body its getting use to it.

Stay Focused! I’ve also gained since surgery but I refuse to let it deter me and keep doing my routine knowing that the pounds will go away! It’s a battle and the fat WILL NOT win!!

Thanks for the encouragement I needed it thank you

bostonlady: yes you're losing slower than some but you are still well within the averages for wt.loss. I struggled as well when I went nearly a month with only 1.5# loss ... I seem to drop on big chunks these days.. nothing for weeks then 5-6# loss. I think I hit that big wall at about the point you are. Like you I too work out a lot and hard as well. I tried to focus on the fact that during that biggest period of no wt. loss I went from my jeans being loose to being able to pull them off without unzipping them. Sounds like you're doing the same thing... feeling great, firming up and losing inches but not seeing it on the scale. It's frustrating and I know it's hard... but focus on how you feel and how your clothes feel. We're all a slave to that scale though..I hate when you wake up feeling like for sure you dropped- jump on the scale and you have not. it can ruin a whole day...but don't let it. I give myself a pep talk... try something on that I know was tight last time I tried it on and it always makes me feel better when the cloths prove the scale a liar!

I just had my 2nd fill and was grumbling a bit that I thought I should be losing faster based on tha calories in/out principle. My doctor pointed out that losing 5-8% a month is what he considers to be good... you're well within that range. I also thought that you lose 80% of the wt.you're going to lose in the 1st 8-12 months and that myth was dispelled as well. My dr. and pac both said that for agb... people lose slower and cont. to lose often over a 3 year period. I think most of us, even though we say differently out loud... think we should lose more like a gastric bypass patient... it's hard to not do that comparison.

You are doing great though.. keep it up and stay off the scale. Are you doing measurements? It's never to late to start doing that.

Thank you so much, you have propped me up and now I'm ready to put my mind in a better place and look at the road and not so much at the walls I'm allowing myself to crash into

I go for my next fill on the 21rst and hopefully I will be where your at on restriction. Weight loss has been slow last couple of weeks and I still get hungry especially at night, so I can't wait til I get that next fill. Happy Holidays!

Will this be your fourth fill Amanda? I go the same day, it will be my third, my doc most people start really losing after their fourth, so maybe you will see it ! Of course, you are so far ahead of the rest of us already in losses! Congrats!

Will this be your fourth fill Amanda? I go the same day, it will be my third, my doc most people start really losing after their fourth, so maybe you will see it ! Of course, you are so far ahead of the rest of us already in losses! Congrats!

Yes, it will be my 4th. I am at 6.2 ccs now but hopefully they will fill me to at least 7 ccs.

Yes, it will be my 4th. I am at 6.2 ccs now but hopefully they will fill me to at least 7 ccs.

Today I had my 3rd fill and now have 6.2cc's. Guess I'm one fill behind you Amanada. I hope this one does something since my first two fills felt no difference at all to me. Hope your 7cc's gets you to your sweet spot or at least close !

so lets hear anyone have any restriction yet? not me...........if I eat something to big without chewing it will get stuck but rarely.........I"m at 4cc with my second fill, I"m gonna ask for aggressive when I go back in Jan