Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Here is the latest I saw. It isnt the total bill and it is for surgery only. Now I am not paying for fills or visits, no idea how it all works (as far as paying).

I wont know more until after the holidays when I can call and find out what everything is.

2eb8pqx.jpg

Today I had my 3rd fill and now have 6.2cc's. Guess I'm one fill behind you Amanada. I hope this one does something since my first two fills felt no difference at all to me. Hope your 7cc's gets you to your sweet spot or at least close !

I rescheduled that last fill because I was going out of town but I go on the 7th. I can wait too. Well I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

I was banded on Sept 4, 2009. To date I have lost 62 pounds and have had NO fill yet!

My Dr is not a "fill happy" guy and as long as you are losing 2 pounds a week (or the equivelant there of) he will NOT give you a fill.

I still eat less than 900 calories a day, and have 2 Protein drinks a day. I get about 80-100 protein grams a day.

I do feel restriction and can not eat more 3-4 ounces at any given meal!

How is all the other Sept bandsters doing?

Anyone else NOT have a fill yet?

I feel like a freak of Banded nature here!

I looked at my medical claims online and my surgery was over $200,000 total. The latest round of charges were over $120,000. OMG. Two huge charges for "hospital incidentals" were $50,000 and $28,000.

I can not believe they charged your insurance that...if you had paid cash this whole thing would have cost you less than $30K!

I think your Dr/Hosp is gauging the insurance company and she be investigate for Insurance fraud!

My total everything including the $240 I had to pay has been less than $50K

I have to be honest, I didn't even glance at my bill. I paid my $30 co-pay and my insurance company paid everything else. I was just so happy to have been approved!

Happy New Years!

Edited by nawlinzlady

Hi Everyone,

I was banded on September 16th 2009. So far I have lost 42 lbs, this includes preop diet loss. I have 163 more to go. I am just getting caught up on this thread. 106 PAGES! My surgery cost roughly $22,000 that my insurance paid. LOVE my band. I have 3.5 cc at this time.

Hope everyone has a safe New Years!

I was banded on Sept 4, 2009. To date I have lost 62 pounds and have had NO fill yet!

My Dr is not a "fill happy" guy and as long as you are losing 2 pounds a week (or the equivelant there of) he will NOT give you a fill.

I still eat less than 900 calories a day, and have 2 Protein Drinks a day. I get about 80-100 Protein grams a day.

I do feel restriction and can not eat more 3-4 ounces at any given meal!

How is all the other Sept bandsters doing?

Anyone else NOT have a fill yet?

I feel like a freak of Banded nature here!

That is amazing!!!! How in the heck do you get in 80-100 grams of protein on 900 cals a day? Please let us know what you are eating! Congrats!

Hey Friends, Happy Holidays!

I actually lost a pound the week of Christmas. I am at my Sweet Spot for sure at 7ccs in my 10 cc band. But I can see getting another fill in a couple weeks - its been nearly a month since my last fill, and restriction is definitely less. But not hungry! Love the band!:thumbup:

I have to be honest, I didn't even glance at my bill. I paid my $30 co-pay and my insurance company paid everything else. I was just so happy to have been approved!

I would love to hear everyone's HEALTHY LIFESTYLE resolutions!

1 ~ I resolve to "keep on, keeping on" (healthy eating)

2 ~ I resolve to do 30 mins of some type of outdoors exercise at least 3 times a week. I already do enough on the wii and at the gym

3~ I resolve to eat at least 1 serving of veggies each day ( I honestly have not eaten nearly enough veggies since being banded)

Happy New Years!

Great resolutions!!!! I don't think I will be making any, just because it reminds me too much of my years of failed resolutions. I am just going to keep on doing what works, try to do better.

I can not believe they charged your insurance that...if you had paid cash this whole thing would have cost you less than $30K!

I think your Dr/Hosp is gauging the insurance company and she be investigate for Insurance fraud!

My total everything including the $240 I had to pay has been less than $50K

Once again, Exhibit A for why our health care system is so screwed up. This is a total joke! My entire surgery at a large hospital (not clinic) in Denver was $9950. Self-pay. I saw the breakdown to the anesthesiologist, hospital, and surgeon. The surgeon only got about $3500 for that. That seems fair for an hour or less of work!

Here is the latest I saw. It isnt the total bill and it is for surgery only. Now I am not paying for fills or visits, no idea how it all works (as far as paying).

I wont know more until after the holidays when I can call and find out what everything is.

2eb8pqx.jpg

What insurance company is this? Ridiculous.

That is amazing!!!! How in the heck do you get in 80-100 grams of Protein on 900 cals a day? Please let us know what you are eating! Congrats!

I have a boiled egg and 1/2 cup of old fashioned oatmeal for Breakfast which is 8 protein, at 10am I have a Protein Drink with skim milk, that is 25-29 protien, lunch is usually 2 oz grilled chicken or fish and a veggie or fruit for another 16 protein, afternoon snack is generally nuts, yogurt, or cheese for 8 more protein, dinner is a meat and veggie for another 16 protein, nite snack is another protein drink for another 25-29 protein.

Each of the Protein Drinks is 203 calories and the egg, oatmeal, fish, chicken, veggies and fruit do not really add a lot of calories. I eat NO starchy carbs other than the oatmeal, which is a whole grain and not a very heavy starch.

It is not hard to follow this...you just have to track it well and know what you are eating and how much. I find it easy to track using the food tracker at Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople! I also can track my exercise there as well...and join in on lapband forums to help with ?? that come up!

Check it out!:thumbup:

OK, is something going on with my post? I linked to a image of the charges and now the pic is missing? Am I missing something? Why would someone alter my post and not say something to me?

I see it just fine. But it took a while to load on the computer.

I have a boiled egg and 1/2 cup of old fashioned oatmeal for Breakfast which is 8 Protein, at 10am I have a Protein Drink with skim milk, that is 25-29 protien, lunch is usually 2 oz grilled chicken or fish and a veggie or fruit for another 16 protein, afternoon snack is generally nuts, yogurt, or cheese for 8 more protein, dinner is a meat and veggie for another 16 protein, nite snack is another protein drink for another 25-29 protein.

Each of the Protein Drinks is 203 calories and the egg, oatmeal, fish, chicken, veggies and fruit do not really add a lot of calories. I eat NO starchy carbs other than the oatmeal, which is a whole grain and not a very heavy starch.

It is not hard to follow this...you just have to track it well and know what you are eating and how much. I find it easy to track using the food tracker at Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople! I also can track my exercise there as well...and join in on LAP-BAND® forums to help with ?? that come up!

Check it out!:thumbup:

Oh I see now - those are some serious high protein shakes! What kind do you use? Thanks for the info!!! Sounds like a great diet you have.