Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

so lets hear anyone have any restriction yet? not me...........if I eat something to big without chewing it will get stuck but rarely.........I"m at 4cc with my second fill, I"m gonna ask for aggressive when I go back in Jan

I have 2cc in a 4cc band. It is perfect so far. One fill and I was there. I set up an appt for the 1st of feb for another but will see how it is then. My daughter also has a 4cc band. She gets too much restriction with 1cc. of Fluid. She has had to get a few unfills but so far my first one has been good. The trick really is getting to a point where you have enough. Different Docs seem to be different on their approach, so best of luck to you

I have 2cc in a 4cc band. It is perfect so far. One fill and I was there. I set up an appt for the 1st of feb for another but will see how it is then. My daughter also has a 4cc band. She gets too much restriction with 1cc. of Fluid. She has had to get a few unfills but so far my first one has been good. The trick really is getting to a point where you have enough. Different Docs seem to be different on their approach, so best of luck to you

I didn't know there was a 4cc band? I'm guessing 2cc in it at the first fill would be similiar to me get 5cc in my 10cc band at the first fill. That would be very aggressive.

I didn't know there was a 4cc band? I'm guessing 2cc in it at the first fill would be similiar to me get 5cc in my 10cc band at the first fill. That would be very aggressive.

I know I was worriesd about it when he told me how much he put in, and my daughter said Oh Mom that is going to be way too much!! I decided to just try it. Two weeks after, I had to fly across the country because my son came back from Afghanistan. The night before we left, I had a major stuck episode, and did not understand that I needed to be very careful the next day. I drank my coffee and a bottle of Water in the morning but the bad thing is that I took a Vitamin. I was nauseated for about 6 hours on an airplane. Not fun. It went through my mind that I was going to have to go to the emergency room because water wasn't even staying down. But then I started keeping liquids down, and stayed on soft food for the rest of the day. After that, I learned a valuable lesson, the stoma is swollen after throwing up so you have to treat it like a new fill. I have been fine since then. I did buy some papaya enzymes and have used them a time or two. All is well and I am losing about a pound a week. I am hungry some, but usually water takes care of it. Hope this helps someone out there. Have a Wonderful Christmas season.

mia I am jealous! 71 pounds is alot. I'm getting scared cause this other site i'm on 2 of the ladies are getting reversions to well something else. They don't want the band any more says it doesn't work. Well IT works but their determination and lack of constraint has them gaining weight. Well I've gained a little and lost it back and I haven't exactly been going to the gym everyday so this makes me terrified. Especially when I see that someone has lost 71 to my 50. I'm going to struggle it out and it'll be okay. I know I don't think I need a reversion but its scary to listen to the unsuccessful ones.

I know I was worriesd about it when he told me how much he put in, and my daughter said Oh Mom that is going to be way too much!! I decided to just try it. Two weeks after, I had to fly across the country because my son came back from Afghanistan. The night before we left, I had a major stuck episode, and did not understand that I needed to be very careful the next day. I drank my coffee and a bottle of Water in the morning but the bad thing is that I took a Vitamin. I was nauseated for about 6 hours on an airplane. Not fun. It went through my mind that I was going to have to go to the emergency room because water wasn't even staying down. But then I started keeping liquids down, and stayed on soft food for the rest of the day. After that, I learned a valuable lesson, the stoma is swollen after throwing up so you have to treat it like a new fill. I have been fine since then. I did buy some papaya enzymes and have used them a time or two. All is well and I am losing about a pound a week. I am hungry some, but usually water takes care of it. Hope this helps someone out there. Have a Wonderful Christmas season.

The first time I flew with my band, I was very tight! It was so tight that it really hurt. I had a long layover and couldn't even imagine eating anything. It definately kept me from snacking in the aiport.

mia I am jealous! 71 pounds is alot. I'm getting scared cause this other site i'm on 2 of the ladies are getting reversions to well something else. They don't want the band any more says it doesn't work. Well IT works but their determination and lack of constraint has them gaining weight. Well I've gained a little and lost it back and I haven't exactly been going to the gym everyday so this makes me terrified. Especially when I see that someone has lost 71 to my 50. I'm going to struggle it out and it'll be okay. I know I don't think I need a reversion but its scary to listen to the unsuccessful ones.

Every one loses at a different rate. Do not become discouraged because someone else does better. Just look back and see how far you have come. I have found that Attitude is everything and it helps to stay away from negative posts here and elsewhere. Just expect to do well and you will do well. Good job losing 50lbs!! Merry Christmas

so lets hear anyone have any restriction yet? not me...........if I eat something to big without chewing it will get stuck but rarely.........I"m at 4cc with my second fill, I"m gonna ask for aggressive when I go back in Jan

Hi Bostonlady, I am in the same boat as you. Not much restriction at all. I have a 14cc band with 6.5 ccs in it. I have asked the dr. to be more aggressive but he will only give me 1 to 1.5 ccs at a time. My next fill is Jan. 12th. I have not lost any weight for over a month, but have been able to maintain. I hope my next fill will do the trick.

Bostonlady - My first fill was 4.7 - i was getting the chest pain golfball from eating too fast - had some restriction some days others not. 2nd was 5.2 by then i got used to it and not too much restriction - by the time the month was over i was up to 2000 calories a day. SO because of this my doc took me up to 5.9 WELL i lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks; choked in my sleep 4 times and ended up w/ an unfil to 5.6. Right before my period 1800 calories again but now i'm at about 1000 and I think I'm good. I go back jan 5 but i would be shocked if I even get .5 at that point. Of course in the next two weeks I may loosen up. For this month I lost 10 lbs in those 2 weeks alone and haven't gained any back and if it stays that way my doc will be happy (the month before i lost 2.5 lbs which was another reason for going more aggressive)... in her defense she was on the fence about it and i pushed her over but next time I'll let her do what she wants!

MEANWHILE once again at my next fill appt I have work visitors from UK and I had to miss dinner then due to fill and I think I have to yet again! UGH that is annoying me cuz it doesn't look good if I keep bagging it (I did say medical procedure and honestly they all know at work but not EVERY single person globally :tongue:

PS the overfill REALLY taught me to eat slowly. AND I have resorted to eating w/ a sstopwatch...... 30 seconds to chew and 30 seconds before another bite goes in my mouth that really really helps!

Just wanted to say Happy Holidays to everyone! I will be extremely busy until afterwards. Hope everyone enjoys the love and spirit of the season without overeating!

I looked at my medical claims online and my surgery was over $200,000 total. The latest round of charges were over $120,000. OMG. Two huge charges for "hospital incidentals" were $50,000 and $28,000.

The lifetime cap on my insurance is $2million. So, 1/10 of my lifetime coverage went to pay for this surgery. I am stunned. I wouldnt have done it had I known.

I looked at my medical claims online and my surgery was over $200,000 total. The latest round of charges were over $120,000. OMG. Two huge charges for "hospital incidentals" were $50,000 and $28,000.

The lifetime cap on my insurance is $2million. So, 1/10 of my lifetime coverage went to pay for this surgery. I am stunned. I wouldnt have done it had I known.

Wow. My bill total was approx 20,000. No that doesn't include all these fill visits or the visits before now. If that what you are including? I hope so cause just for surgery that's kinda expensive.

Minime where did you have your surgery done? I mean I am in NYC in a top hospital (in other words NYC one of the most expensive cities)... and I am pretty sure it was something like in the 50's w/ the hospital, surgeon and ansesthesia (I could be too high be even 10 thousand!).

That number is so high even w/ the fills. Did you have anything else done or just the lap band? Hernias? any other complications? I'm stunned!

Dee and everyone - Have a great Holiday and Happy New Year!

Hi all - I am buying myself Christmas presents and one that I got that I heard about in my support group for the Lap band was they bodybugg i LOVE it! I rode it horseback riding and it clocked almost 600 calories for an hour (which is about right!). Its a pretty neat little toy to figure out exactly how many calories your burn - then you add what you eat and the net is what we should be losing!

Just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful holiday...don't beat yourself up, if you fall you will get back up, let it become a way of life thats what I'm trying to do......Hugs