Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Heather-Hi! How r u? Yes, I have to mark my spot and cheac-in with you all. I need to stay motivated.

Ashley-let's hit the mall? What r u doing?

Her band didn't erode, her stomach is just swollen, that's what I was told earlier. I am sure she will be just fine!

Today was a decent day, but I had the munchies when a pregnant friend of mine came over to hang out. I jumped on the scale just now and it said 223.3...so up 2 lbs..figures! LOL

Tina I am starting to think I DONT want another fill, I feel tight!!!!

Guest sodapop

Since I was there-I will tell everyone what happened. THANK YOU ASH FOR UPDATING EVERYONE APRIL THANKS YOU TOO!!!!!! April and I just got home. THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH APRIL. We just don't know what it is at this point. She went on vacation and had a 1/2 cc pulled outta her band and it hurt her very badly. She called me on her trip and told me about it and we talked about her going back it because the band does or can erode. Shhe also had a rash at her port.... April has had her band for 2 1/2 years. So her Doctor pulled out 2 more cc's and she was screaming in pain!. She was admitted into the hospital STAT! Her mother was taking care of her daughter Nessa, so I rushed down to South San Francisco because I didn't want her to be alone. (ohh and I love her) Anyways, I asked her DOCTØR: is is eroded? and yes that is what everything is pointing to. They even prepped her for surgery! So they went in with a camera and didn't see anything. All the doctor could come up with is she is all inflammed. NO REASON WHY-maybe the band is too tight? So he kept all the Fluid out and she has an appointment next month to see if she is okay-if she is NOT they will do further tests!!!!!! CLOSE CALL! So it is a wait-and-see thing. Lets all keep her in our prayers! We stopped off to eat tonight and she is still having some issues, but she has to baby herself for the next month.....

TINA! Get checked! Your not the only one! Better be safe then sorry! xoxox

I didn't get ANY sleep last night sleeping in the hospital so I will post soon. Or have April.

Well I am up again can't sleep.............

CHRISSY:

I know the feeling of thinking something doesn't seem right but no one can figure it out. I still think my breathing problems could be band related cause it got worse after my last fill/unfill. I ended up in ER two days later. But doc say no so who knows. But I had simliar issues last February when I had no fill..........so I don't know.

I see the respirtory therapist on Thursday. If they can't find anything than I am gonna start to worry more about the band. My left lung has been hurting front and back though........and that is my pneumonia lung that has scarring!! I just want a darn answer is all!! I HOPE it has nothing to do with the band. I wish I could start over with a new teenage body and this time I would be more careful with my health!!! LOL!!

I also asked Kaiser for an x ray to be sure can't hurt anything. I will go for my appointment next month just to get the x ray.

After my last fill I don't want another one until I am SURE my band is loosened up. I hear ya on that Tamra. I don't want to be too tight. I think I can live with my current fill for another month.

WHat are Aprils symptoms? Is she still PBing alot. I have done the inflammed thing and poor April that HURTS terrible.......and it is scary too!! Once you feel better April I would love to talk to you and hear what lead up to all this. I hope they gave you something to help with the pain.

So just one night in the hospital? Geez how scary and I for one will vouch for how much the inflammation hurts and how serious it can be. Being in ER not able to breath and PB'ing while you wait for an unfill........and wishing you could have something to drink.......no fun!!

Than your sore for days after until things settle down. Never mind panic starts to set in after you go a couple days with no food or liquids..............inflammation can be serious that is why they drain the band when it gets that bad!! Just the fills to get back to restriction take awhile.

Oh geez I hope you don't get into the fill/unfill cycle I have been in either. Once you get inflammed once it seems like you prone to it. I have to be extra careful about my fills and the swelling.

I totally feel for you April!! Hope you get better soon!!

Well gonna try again to sleep.< /p>

Oh and I got the bill for the ER visit for 30 minutes and two x-rays. 1300 dollars. My co pay was 50 thank goodness!!

But OMG I didn't know how crazy expensive and they didn't do much but tell me they didn't know what was going on and to go home and take a couple days off work!!

April, I hope your better soon. Keep pushing them for answers..blessings for a quick rebound.

April, I'm keeping you in my thoughts. I hope you start feeling better very quickly.

Oh and I got the bill for the ER visit for 30 minutes and two x-rays. 1300 dollars. My co pay was 50 thank goodness!!

OMG can you imagine having to pay that!? Thank god for insurance that's for sure!

I am not worried about my band eroding. :) I just stay on the positive floatin on a cloud moto, otherwise I stress myself out with WHAT IFS. lol

Going good today, still at 220.3 since I decided to snack my butt off last night :)

Nicollie moves into her new house today, yay! :yikes: I can't wait to go up to WA and visit her!!

Have a great hump day everyone!

Edited by tamra.

After my last fill I don't want another one until I am SURE my band is loosened up. I hear ya on that Tamra. I don't want to be too tight. I think I can live with my current fill for another month.

I am kinda debating on postponing my appointment with Baggs but I do want to see him to discuss other stuff; am I allowed to deny another fill?

Chrissy you are a great friend for being there for April.

April...best wishes on a speedy recovery.

Everyone else hope you all have a wonderful day. Off to another fun filled day at work!

Thanks for updating us Chrissy - thinking good thoughts for April.

Tamra - if you mean can you say you don't want a fill - yes it is up to if you don't want one.

We all need to make sure we let our doctors know if we are pbing alot so they can take some Fluid out of the band - a lot of pbing causes serious swelling and inflammation around our bands. So even if you are pbing because you are eating the wrong foods, be careful and proactive.

Morning all

Busy at work but taking a quick break. Didn't sleep well last night so I am tired.

APRIL;

Still thinking good thoughts for you. That must be alot of swelling for them to consider surgery!! Feel better soon!!

PAM:

I agree the PB's are a problem. In my opinion that is why lead to me having to get the band totally unfilled. I couldn't go a day without at least a couple PB's. Not good for the band.

That is why I got the unfill last month. .50cc's in and than got some out. LOL. I PB'd several times the first day and than everything I touched the second day.......so I just got the fill removed I can't do that many PB's in a day without swelling up.

So far this month...........1 PB!! I try my hardest not to have them. Best way to protect and keep my band safe. (my opinion) So yea I guess that means I can't be to tight cause I am afraid of swelling and inflammation.

TAMRA:

Yea you can go in and say you don't need a fill. I have done it. THey just record your weight and Dr. Baggs talks to you for a bit than our outta there. I almost refused one last time but wanted to walk on the wild side!! LOL. Won't do that again thought.

Well have a great day to everyone online...........cooling off here in Sacame

Guest sodapop

Thanks Cole-I appreciate that.

Tina I don't know how you live with it. Too scary for me. I have not had ONE issue yet with my sleeve. (knock on wood) I couldn't imagine throwing up all the time after eating like a license to be bulimic! Your experience with all the fills, unfills ect. I wouldn't put it past to be the source of your problems! I know you have read some horror stories too. I mean everyone's body is different and we all react to things in different ways. I saw this show where this lady had breast implants and she had breathing problems. Got them removed and she was fine...Sometimes our bodies can't handle a foreign object... I joke with my hubby the sleeve is a license to be anorexic. lol. I know bad but I just can't eat anything! 1/4 cup is nuts. That is like 2 real bites. lol...but as time goes by, it will get better and I should be able to eat at least a cup of food. I remember Dr. Im told me it will take 9-12 months for my stomach to be healed and normal again...that is a long time! No wonder sleevers loose all their weight in the 1st year....we will see. I know april does throw up a lot. We hang out a lot and she is always not being able to eat or throwing up. Her doctor said if you throw up more then 2 times a week there is something wrong....She told me in the car last night that if she is the same way next month she wants them to cut her open and prove nothing is wrong cause there is!! ha ha.. not funny but scary stuff....

Ash I love you!!!!

Today I have my nurtitian appointment with Robin. I had cottage cheese last night (bad girl) I wanted to try it even though we are NOT suppose to "advance by ourselves"

ASH. JOHN, AND ALI-what did you guys eat at this stage the "mushies" I was all excited then I realized this is gonna suck too...ha ha...

Riley congrats on being the "lap-band role model" you don't need anyone's help obviously! Your halarious so that will make everyone's meeting great!! Congrats to you!

Edited by sodapop

Chrissy, I lived on refried beans...Still to this day they are a staple, even chili. It really fills me and lasts a long time. I would go to Taco Bell and get their refried Beans and the portion size worked well. Chili I would run through the processor in the beginning.

I would also grind up chicken with a bit a gravy and that was yummy. I stay away from carbs so I rarley did mash potatos are anything like that. A couple I times I did mashed sweet pototos and that was good with some chicken grinded in it.

I also did some ricotta cheese bakes with sugar free spaghetti sauce and those were yummy.

Hey my Chrissy girl! I'm gonna skype you today lol! Anyways, i had the same as Ali and canned tuna, canned chicken with low fat mayo. Only, I aint gonna lie lol I totally had my fair share of mashed potatoes lol!