Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I hated mushies too..........LOL. I had a hard time waiting 13 weeks for salad. Well...........I made it eight weeks I think.............

The band makes me stop!! LOL. If I eat the right stuff. But the thing is that the snacking is true. With any of ths surgeries you can snack and that is the killer to not snack at all!! It is hard.

Well I am going to bed now. Super tired with all this heat today!!

Pat I agree 100% that this is about way more than eating to much!! Taking food away as our addiction of choice means that other issues and cross addictions have to be deal with and put to rest.

Like Kaiser says they can fix the hardware of the body but not the wiring.............(stomach vs brain).

I told the doc last time I went in that Kaiser should require follow up group or individual therapy and he said the medical association won't allow it to be a requirement of the program or surgery and that is why they don't force the issue they just recommend it.

I grew up eating whole wheat everything. bread, Pasta .......my mom is a health nut. I like the ezekial bread and the other one you mentioned Pat. But serious can't eat them now. Not worth the carbs or the getting stuck!!

Pat what is your fill level?? I am at 5cc's and have decent restriction.........not perfect but I do feel the band. Of course TOM is over so I am getting back to the band loosening up alot today!!

Tina - I am at 6.5cc. I had 4 cc at my surgery on 1/26 and my first fill was on 4/29 and I went to 6.5 - Dr. Park actually put in 7 but backed in off to 6.5. Everyone is different since our anatomy isn't exactly the same. I believe Pam is at 8 cc's and she seems to have very good restriction. I just don't think I am there all the way, but probably closer. I haven't contacted Dr. Park yet since I think I need to get the emotional eating back under control and lose some more. I am only down about 3 lbs since the april fill.

Chrissy, I eat about 1/4 to 1/2 cup...so not much. Mushies are a little better but still not great! I think I lived on refried Beans from taco bell. A couple times I blended up chicken and gravy and it was pretty good too...

ALI AND JOHN!! How much can you guys eat now!? Am I gonna be at 1/4 cup forever!?

Hi Chrissy - I can eat about 1/2 - 1 cup. It just all depends on what and when. I'm not measuring which is a no no but it’s impossible to measure all the time. I think I have a good eye and my stomach sure tells me after the second or third bit that I can only have a couple more bits. The stages get better but a couple really $uck.

Anyone else notice all the cell phones blowing up at the meeting Saturday? It's like every phone in that room got call after call. I thought there was a meteor headed our way and everyone else had inside knowledge or something!

John- I did talk with him, and he's standing firm. He's a total hardass. He told me my diet was good (I had a year's worth of food logs for him). Actually, he said my food log was good if I were normal weight, but to lose I needed to cut out all fruit except for apples, all yoghurt and cheese, all cereals (including cream of wheat per the 1200 diet) and reduce my morning Protein by 1/3.

Morning all, have a great week at work/school/home, whichever you are, and stay cool and hydrated!!!! :scared2:

I actually have 7 cc in my band and I actually think it is a little too much. Really good restriction can be problematic - if I try to get all my Protein in I invariably end up pbing - not a good thing. If I get a chance I am going to call Richmond today to get my 2 yr appt.

I heard all the phones Heather - rude - Angel needs to remind people to put their phones on vibrate - I had mine on vibrate and of course forgot to turn it back up when I left so didn't hear when my kids called - they just wanted to know when I was coming home. Oh well it was me time and they were fine.

Have a great day - stay cool - I'm going for my morning walk at break right now - probably already hot outside.

Good morning my peeps!

omg Pat i did not even recognize you in your avatar pic! WOW what a difference!! You too Pammie! And Tina! OMG I need to get a new pic up!

Exercising again, following the rules again, and losing again. What can I say . . .

Happy Monday all :-)

Ms. Chrissy, I can eat only 1/4 cup of dense Protein, but 1-2 cups of salad stuff - just depends on what it is! I am well over a year out from surgery and have had no fill for 6 months, and can still only eat 1/4 cup IF I am doing the right thing. And I know when to stop now, so will only PB now(PB stands for productive burp for those who haven't yet had the pleasure, LOL) when I forget and try to take a drink while my pouch is still full - it backs right up into my esophogus and out it come again in about 10 seconds!

The problem with following the 1/4 cup dense protein plan - for me - I that I am hungry again an hour later when I do it, so I tend to eat me some salad vegies first (fill the "lower" stomach) then eat my dense protein to fill the "upper" stomach, and then I'm good. If I remember not to drink for AT LEAST an hour, and if I don't snack! Tina is SO right - snacking is the thing that will get every one of use, every time.

OK I really do have to go do some work, LOL! When is our Vallejo waterfront walk??

Just talked to Richmond - I have an appt with Dr. Im on July 22 at 11:30 am in Vacaville. They said Robin will be calling me two days before to see my food logs - I told them I don't do food logs 2 yrs out from surgery. She said to do at least 3 days for her. Not sure what to put on them since I am doing the Medical Weight Loss Managment plan and won't be on real food until Aug 3. They offered me a phone appointment but I said I may want my band adjusted so couldn't do that - I think she assumed I was RNY.

Hi Riley - glad to hear from you - don't forget us even though you are in love. (I'm jealous :scared2: )

Was already too hot to walk but we did our mile - sitting in front of my fan on my desk now - luckily it is cool in the building.

Hi Heather – Sorry to hear! I hope you stick with it and maybe he will change his mind at some point. Keep up the hard work as it will pay off!

Banded peeps: Does anyone else have problems eating PORK?? The past 2 times I have PB'ed it right up? Is it the consistency?

Hi Everyone,

I think I've caught up on many of the posts of the last two weeks. It sounds like everyone is doing great!

I just spent one week in Provence and the second week on the French Riviera in an apartment that we had. I went with my 36 year old son and we had a great time.

It was very strange not logging my food and eating differently. I discovered that my Sleeve really doesn't like meat all that much. I ate a little of everything and sampled things I wouldn't eat at home. I felt a lot better eating more vegetarian and got in my first salads in 4 months and more fruit as well. I definitely ate more carbs and less Protein. Now I need to figure out what works at home. I was throwing up a lot before vacation and never did while away.

We walked a lot. Last week 47 miles and more the week before.

We traveled 25 hours to get home. We got here last night, I slept around 5 hours, then went to work for 9 hours. I was thrilled to come home and have the energy to walk 2 miles.

I worried that maybe I gained weight but came home down 4 pounds. YAY! I haven't been under 189 in 30+ years so I'm so looking forward to it! I still have Dr. Baggs goal of being "overweight" at my six month visit so that means I have to shed 16 pounds in the next 7 weeks.

That's my recap and now it's time to chill, have dinner and clean up some of this travel mess that's all around me.

Take care everyone! Hey, did I mention that I love my Sleeve? :ohmy:

Hello all! Just marking my spot! I'll be back!