Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Pat- It's great to meet you, I was told to I would have to get to know you! I work here in Novato too. I would love to get together sometime and walk!

Pam- It was really fun today! I am definitely going to make a habit of going to the meetings! I really enjoyed meeting you, Donna and Heather, and to think I almost left without saying anything!

I would like to try to go to the one in Sonoma County, it's the Saturday before my orientation, so it might help me calm down before I go!

Hi everyone,

I don't need a refill yet, but I am curious... do they even give you a refill on the liquid vicodin? I have a very low tolerance to pain and have already gone through almost half the bottle. (no worries I am following the dosage directions)

thanks for info

Sherri

Hi Sherri - Just call or email your dr. if you need more. I only used mine for a few days after surgery and then switched to liquid tylenol. If we lived closer I'd give you my left overs since they gave me a huge bottle! It will get better soon! Hang in.

Tam - I am here. Just been really busy with work and home. As you know I work in computers so sometimes the last thing I want to do at the end of a long day is to go online again.

I finally caught up on 7 pages of post! I am really proud of you for working to get down for your fill. I think Pam gave good advise. We do the best when we stick to the Protein and veggies. And your body does react to being severly calorie restricted.

How is school going? Sorry to hear about the unemployment hassles - isn't there something for job training support?

How is your little one? She is such a cutie!

Miss you sista - we need another walk date!

Morning everyone!

Pat ~ Yes there is a job training support, but now they are telling me I didn't attend a class I was suppose (which no one told me my last 2 phone interviews?) so of course I am willing to do the class now, etc. but its a fight with anything state these days.

My lil one is doing great, she starts preschool this week for the first time!!! Her dad and I found a great Montessori in Martinez and she will start part time there, and come Sept for pre-k she will be there mon-thurs (I have fri off from school), and she will allow me to rack hours at school so when there are field trips, etc. I can go!!!!

As for my fill I was sooo happy, but I have PB'd the most I ever have, and it's always on PORK?? Its so weird, yet everything else is fine. I am currently on day 2 of the "Belly Fat Cure" diet book I found at costco, and I am down 1 lb already at 222. Its amazing the foods I have been eating on it (pancakes, toast, pasta!) and I am staying full while loosing. It's designed to help you learn how to eat and switch to the correct Carbs, such as my pasta's are whole wheat, my bread is too, and I eat full fat cheeses, and butter. The main goal is to have no more then 5 grams sugar I believe, and like 15 carb servings? I would have to re look but yeah, I am digging it :)

I love your new pic btw, looking so good!! I miss you, hopefully I can come out there and walk soon!!!

So...how many fills have most of you had in order to get to a good spot or to hit your sweet spot of losing weight?

Is pb throwing up? Sorry just curious. Tamra...would you rather have had the sleeve? You guys have me thinking now :)

Cole - PB for me is when I don't chew enough, it gets stuck and I am in pain and must force the food back up. When I do, the pain is gone.

I would not have sleeved. I didn't want to alter my body or stomach in any way. The band was right for me

Hi Ladies & John!

It was so nice to visit with Tina, Donna and Pam again. I saw you Ali! You snuck out early but I did a mental "hello" to you! And it was great to meet Stacy too.

Tina, we were wondering how your daughter was doing with all those surgery pics! Sometimes there was no reason for the ladies to be without bra (esp the ones where there was no work done on that area) but some of those pics were amazing!

Tina- How did the seminar go? I was really bored with her for those couple of minutes she spoke to the group, maybe I was just anxious to talk with my ladies since we didn't get to break into groups yesterday.

Hi Christine! (I see you down there)

Hope we can plan a nice walk soon. We were thinking we should go to Vallejo since it's just too darn hot in the valley. Maybe I'll host a walk in the fall when it's a little cooler.

Guest sodapop

Tamara that is weird-You told me NOT TO GET BANDED. YOU AND NICOLE BOTH TALKED ME INTO GETTING SLEEVED. On the walk? YOU and nicole were some of the ones that changed my mind. You told me you wished you got sleeved. Why the change on heart?

Cole come over to look at our vsg group. On the sleeve website.

I am so mad I missed the meeting! Boo hoo. I wanted to see everyone.

Edited by sodapop

The only reason I "wanted" the sleeve was because the results were amazing but when it came down I wouldn't do it, it wasn't the choice for me.

And pet peeve its tamra LOL

Guest sodapop

Huh. Strange. You told me on the walk when I met you NEVER get the band and you hated the band. You and Nicole said you BOTH wished you got sleeved. YOU and Nicole where the ones that made me change my mind. If I recall you said it was a nightmare. Weird how you changed your mind all of a sudden.

Okay well I am not really feeling the way your aproaching me on this convo I'm going to leave most of it alone.

Nicole and I gave you our opinion as to what YOU should do, but I chose what was right for me, period. All that made me want the sleeve was the results of the lost. That's it. If I was stanging in Kaiser I wouldn't say sleeve.

Guest sodapop

If I was stanging in Kaiser I wouldn't say sleeve.

what does that mean? You wrote that above.

I am not approaching you anyway. I am just asking you why the change of heart after the conversation we had with nicole. Either way-Thanks cause you and Nicole where the ones that told me NOT to get banded and what a nightmare it was!! Thanks cause I love my sleeve. Thanks to you and Nicole it made me choose the sleeve!

Thanks tamara!

Meaning if I was standing at kaiser now and they asked me I'd do the band all over again.

Glad your happy with your choice.

MOrning all

HEATHER:

It was actually good the seminar. It was cognitive therapy stuff and since there were only six of us we got alot of one on one help with stuff. It was life coaching which I really might like to do. The fill center recommended I look up a life coach and I never did but after Saturday I would really like to find someone who does life coaching. I can also use it at work with clients..........but yea I agree the part where she was up front wasn't the greatest especially after all the surgery stuff that was amazing!!

Next time I am going to Mimi's though with the rest of you.

CHRISSY:

I like my band but it all the fills and unfills I just hate. I don't get why and I consider it a complication. I did ask Kaiser about revisions but haven't heard back yet. I am not sure if they said yes I would do it. But I have seriously researched it and know alot about the sleeve now. My only fear would be what if I was to tight and than I couldn't get Fluid out!! LOL. Ah geez that would suck big time!! And for some reason I feel sorta weird about losing my stomach!! But I for one would consider it for sure..........right now I am working the band and not planning to get another fill until I am SURE I have no restriction left. Than small fills..........

COLE:

Do the research you have the luxury of the time to make a decision. I will tell you I totally respect Dr. Baggs and what he recommends. I would consider all your options before you decide and maybe if you have questions you could talk to him. He is totally honest and open about things. I think he is the best Dr. there!! ;-) Band is alot of work but like Pam said we all have to deal with stuff no matter the surgery you pick. And I am down 50 pounds now so I can't say it has been a mistake.

TAMRA:

I agree I would like to lose faster but the important thing is that it comes off eventually!!

Guest sodapop

Tina! Let me know how it goes and what they say to you! I wish I could have gone yesturday-I am so bummed out I couldn't go. ohh well there is always next time!! xoxo. I have never heard of anyone being too tight, but if you ever were they can fix it. I NEVER ever worried out them cutting my stomach. I mean, that is all the reason why we all are over weight. We all have BIG stomach's and eat to fill those large tummy's! I was like TAKE IT! I don't need it. That is what got me here in the first place. After I saw how HUGE my stomach was from the pics that Dr. Im gave me-omg I was like no wonder my ass is big!!! lol! My stomach was HUGE!!!!!! And I ate till I was full!