Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hello everyone! I hope all are well.

I am doing great. I really needed the fill I recieved on June 18th as I now have plenty of restriction. I just have to listen to my band to keep from hurting myself. I have gotten quite a few things stuck momentarily. I have been really focusing on the Protein. On that friday, I was 193.3lbs on Kaisers scale. At home, 195.8. I have no dea how much I weigh now cuz this AM my home scale said.... Are u ready for this????.... 189.9lbs. OMG! OMG!!!!! I haven't seen 180's since highschool!!!!!!! I am so darn excited. Unfortunately, 5 minutes later it said 190.0lbs but hey! I'll take it! At least the scale said it t least once, if only for a second. I know it's coming. It gave me the motivation I need. So I think I need t report my food.

B-2 slices bacon and 1 scrambled egg w/ coffee w/ sugar & cream

L-boneless garlic chicken frm Safeway Chinese section .22ozs

dinner-possibly Benihana???? Or Claim Jumpers. Don't worry, I can't eat much. Practicing Portion Control and my resistance muscle.

Hey!!!! Has anyone heard from Candra or Jess?

Have a great day! See you al soon. Newbies too. I look forward to meeting you all. We really need a planned walk.

Guest sodapop

woahhh hooo! Go mo! I can't wait to see you sexy woman! Congrats to you! I have seen Candra and talked to her yesturday. She is Working a lot. She came and saw me in the hospital too. We are suppose to get together soon I jus think she is super duper busy!

Happy day everyone I am ONE WEEK OUT! Yay. Water is going down better but I am FORGETTING to eat! WTF? Seriously forgetting to eat? I remember people back in highschool used to say that and I was always thinking they where nuts. How could you FORGET to eat??? Well I am loving this! I can't wait to get to Mushies. Another week of sugar free pudding, apple sause, and yogurt-BLAHHHH:thumbdown:

My hubby is home for the rest of the week and he can be my "Murse" ha ha. :thumbup:

Congrats Mo.........great what a little drop in weight will do for the motivation. I bet you really are down to 189 just give the scale a few days to settle!!

So excited for you. I miss Candra and Jes too!!

Thanks Chrissy! So have you weighed yourself? How much have you lost?

Tina! Thanks, it's pretty exciting. Now I clearly notice the difference in my body. Isn't it funny how byers notice before we notice ouelrselves. I stlill have a hard time stawing out of Lane Bryant and other plus sized sections. I still don't know what size I wear and wnn bring 2-3 size into the fittng room. I love it though!!!!

Yeah Mo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday I will be 1 month out and down 16 lbs. in one month :thumbup: Wish it was more but not bad considering I am 2 sizes down too :)

Edited by mama_ash
I'm such a bad speller lol!

Ash-I told you you'd catch up to me in no time. 16lbs is great!!! I have a goal to be at 185lbs by the end of July. I am also doing a 5K at the end of July....I better start training....

Congrats to all you LOSERS!!! Yeah, doesn't it feel great! I am so out of clothes....anyone bringing any 18's or 16's to the meeting Saturday?

Guest sodapop

Hey MO! YES! I am down 13 pounds post op IN ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!!! and the last week before surgery I was down 10 on ONE week!! 45 lost so far!

:bored:

Edited by sodapop

You all make me even more excited to have my surgery and start losing. I would love to be in the 180's too...Good job! How long ago was surgery?

I would love more then anything to lose 16lbs in one month...thats AWESOME!

I looked into Optifast too...but have not seen many people stay successfull with it. It is really expensive as well and Kaiser won't cover it so it ends up being about $4500.00 which is a lot in my opinion, especially cause all you get is shakes and no real food for like 16 weeks. A few women in my office have done it and lost fast but gained it all back. One didn't lose at all really...but she prob cheated. lol

Everytime I begin to doubt the lap-band because of the negative feelings the doctor has I get on here and realize I can totally do it. Dr. Baggs recommended the other surgery but said he will do whatever I want. I really respect that.

I am bringing a few 18s and I think 16s to the meeting on Saturday.

I got my new beach cruiser bike today - was going to take a bike ride tonight, but it has been a stressful evening with plumbing issues and spilling paint in the garage, but definitely tomorrow evening after the gym.

Guest sodapop

Cole-Ali, ash, John and I have the SLEEVE. Mo has lap-band. We were looking into lap-band and changed our minds and all got the sleeve. We are still on here because we made some awesome friends and didn't wanna leave! With the sleev you get similar FAST weight loss as gastric. I don't think it's very typical to loose that much that fast with a band from what I understand. Correct me if I am wrong banders?

Hi everyone almost the weekend!!

Still sitting at 225 today (was 226 this am but it changed)...I am getting so frustrated, but I keep on trucking along!!

I ate some roast for dinner and it almost got stuck...seems like any meat does....is that normal?

oh and btw I have been eating 1 butter croissant for Breakfast every morning, this am i looked and they are 300 cal, 14 fat, and 37 carbs!! no wonder I am not loosing eating one everyday!!!!

I am glad you sleevers are on here...I love to hear how things with you are going. The lap-band from what I have learned is much slower. With other surgeries I think weight loss is mainly within the first year...lap-band it takes about 2-4 from what the doc said.

I guess I am just too scared to get the sleeve after what happened with my mom years ago. I would rather have something put in that I can remove if need be. But I love reading about the sleeve...I was not familiar with it at all before reading about it on here.