Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Yeah Pam, a new bike! I want one but I still feel to fat to ride a bike but when I get down another size or so I am going bike....just need to get my ass smaller! Glad you have some 18/16's....I hope I can score some this weekend.

Most of you are way ahead of me but if any of you new people need 20's and 22's I am bringing lots on Saturday. And these clothes are very nice...they were given to me by Laurel and she has good taste...lol. Let me know if your interested in them and I will hold them in my car for you.

Cole, its nice to read about the different kinds of wls...I must say that your reasons for wanting the band were the same reasons I had chose the band.....then one day my mind just switched and all the reasons I wanted the band ended up being the reasons I chose not to have it..lol. Just keep and open mind and you have time to decide! Whichever you chose you will do great if you stay focused and driven for success.

Tamara, stay away from those wonderfully butterly crossiants, Bagels too! They are evil desguised as a healthy food. Try some slices of deli meat; I like roast beef and turkey. The deli meat goes down easier for me than hunks of meat and it tastes so good when its sliced thin with a thin slice of swiss.

So so glad tomorrow is Friday! yeah!

Hi all,

I had my surgery October 20, 2010. I just had my 8 month appt. Ye, I've heard the weightloss is slower for us bandsters but I'm cool with that cuz it gives my skin and muscles time to catch-up! I've also heard that since our weightloss is slower... The amount of excess skin we end up being left with is less. I for one hope this ends up being true. I cannot afford skin removal surgery!!!!! It just better go with the weight! Lol

Chrissy-way to go gurl! We'll be sharing clothes in no time. You and Ashley are going to fly by me. Tell candra to get her butt back in here. We need to hear from her. Too busy my butt.... Or what little there is left of it!!! Lmao

Go Chrissy! 13 in one week! My sleeve sista :bored:

Mo, I'm trying to catch up with your skinny butt so we can shop together at that one store you want to go to :blink: (and I think you ment to say 2009 lol)

Go Pam! A new bike whoo hoo !!!!

Ali- You are looking great! I too feel the same way you doo about my choice of procedure, pluss many other reasons lol! But I love everyone on here so I stay :blink:

meee toooo Ash! Glad that everyone still hangs here. Doesn't matter the procedure so much as the journey. We all have the same head hunger demons to deal with....lol

I am so jealous...new cadillacs and new bikes...geeesh my husband is lame he hasn't bought me a damm thing! lol He freakn just wants sex all the time! I guess that should make me happy...:bored: but I like material things once in a while....

Nighty night

just a note to let everyone know I am home from surgery. I had to stay en extra night because of a hernia the repaired along with the sleeve.

doing ok so far, I am getting my Water, Jello down. My biggest problem right now is being able to sit still. slept a little bit since coming home, but now I am figity.

any ideas to help?

oh and the process was smooth, they make you feel very comfortable. I was not even nerous when they put the mask on

hope everyone else is doing good

Chrissy congrats on your bike, and ali I am sure something is in the works probably just wants to surprise you:-)

Sherri

Welcome to sleeveland Sherri! I am glad they kept you an extra night; I had hernia repair also and they didn't keep me the extra night and I think they should have because I really hurt and the doc said it was the hernia repair area.

The most relief I felt was holding a pillow on my stomach anytime I tried to move but it really hurt for a few days but it goes fast. Remember, getting up and walking is good--it gets all the gas out that they used to inflate your stomach.

Take your pain pills before laying down for your naps.

Ok Ladies & John.... Are you ready for this?

Drum roll please......

attachment.php?attachmentid=19733&stc=1&d=1277476082

post-275870-13813139417725_thumb.jpg

oh and ps... my scale is 1 pound heavier then Kaiser at all times :bored: And I have lost 50.5 lbs since November, half my personal goal!

(Yesterday I was 202, so I lost 2.5 lbs overnight!!!! Love my VSG hehehehehe)

:bored::thumbup:

:blink::thumbup::blink::thumbup::tt2::thumbup:

Ashley THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

AWESOME ASH!!! CONGRATS!!!! SO COOL!!!!!!!!!

Sherri - Welcome to the other side!! Glad everything went well!! Rest and water!

Congrads Ash!!

Down to 223.3 this am (yay finally) and lemme tell you, here is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast : Coffee

Lunch : Handful of Cashews mixed with Cranberries

Dinner : 4 oz roast, with mashed potatoes

Maybe my body likes less food, yet some!

:bored::thumbup::blink::thumbup: YEAH ASH:blink::thumbup::tt2:

that is so awesome! congrats and more congrats!

With the sleev you get similar FAST weight loss as gastric. I don't think it's very typical to loose that much that fast with a band from what I understand. Correct me if I am wrong banders?

Hey girlfriend! Congrats! :bored:

I think I'm the only bandster that lost as fast as a RNY, actually faster than about 1/2 of my RNY friends. I lost 100 lbs. in about 9 months. BUT! Then my weight loss slammed to a screaming halt 20 lbs from my goal, than was like 7 months agao and I haven't lost a thing since!! Have gained a bit back in fact, but fortunately when I do, my band tightens up and I can lose it again fairly easily. So the band was a perfect tool for me, but I'm pretty much an exception. I can say FOR SURE that the only way to experience rapid weight loss with ANY of the surgeries is to FOLLOW THE RULES, including but not limited to RESTRICTING YOUR CARBS! That's my downfall . . . . not yelling at 'yall, just reminding myself. I need to keep to my "Bandkins" (which is Atkins for the Band) and I'll lose again :blink:

I read some posts every day, certainly not all of them - chatty Cathys! :blink: No more internet at home, so can only do it at work and they are cracking down around here so you won't see me post often, but I haven't left! I'm here!!

Hi Riley!!!

Pat where are you?