Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hey Chrissy I can't wait to meet you!! Next time!!

I will let you know for sure if I hear anything. I really want to know what the doc thinks. I also asked if the band was being phased out. He read the emails but no reply I probably need to ask in person since it could be a very political issue right now. I also asked for an x ray of the band to be sure everything is good.

RIght now my restriction is still good so I am not sure I will need a fill in July. Down 2 pounds today. Yea finally so down 17...........I really want to be under 200 though

So darn hot today in SAcramento............I want some frozen crystal light. Not sure if slushy Water is gonna be good or not!! LOL.

Oh I agree Tina, I am fine with the slow results, my surgery was well worth it.

And speaking of, I am sooo loving my new found way of eating, just now my scale said 220.8....almost 2 lbs lost since this AM! man when the book said expect to loose 4-9 lbs the first week I was skeptical for sure!

It's so hot out here, going to sit by the ac and watch a movie!!

oooo slushy crystal light, let me know lol

Tamra thanks for the advice. I agree with the fact that I don't really want to have anything cut out of me yet. So is that book something you recommend? Need to be really really good this week. Meet the Psych doctor a week from this Friday and hoping to be almost to my pre-surgery goal weight!

Ummmmm....the crystal light slushy sounds GREAT. I read someone posted it before...so I actually am trying it right now. But it is sooo frozen, do you freeze it over night and then let it thaw all day to make its slushy-ish? hehe.

It is super hot...can't wait to lose some weight and not dread this heat so much. Hope you all had a wonderful day.

Oh I use the Vitamin one and SOBE old bottles and fill them up with crystal light and diet hawiaan punch ........freeze them overnight and than take them out in the morning. I take them to work with me. I work in my car alot doing homevisits so they start to melt pretty quick........so nice on hot days. Takes me all day to get them to melt all the way down.

I take 4 of them or 80 ounces of frozen drinks and than have my liquids in by the end of the day. Makes me feel like I am getting spoiled all day!! LOL. I think Kaiser might consider them snacking though!!

I did Water the last week because Crystal light has artifical sweetners and I did feel a little better. But today is 104 here and I think the crystal light is coming back out!!

Makes it easier not to snack all day or overeat when I have slushies with me!!! It might be a mind game thinking I am drinking slurpees all day.......

Cole run it under hot Water or sit in a pan of hot water to get the melting started.

I am the great debater when it comes to sleeve vs. band I have done lots of research and see good and bad with both. But I was never offered the choice. Maybe that is why I am still debating now.

Everyone needs to make their own choice. Don't let me influence anyone with my wishy/washy mindset!!

If I were to revision it would be with alot of thought and research first and my docs recommendation.

I just wish I had the choice is all.............

Boy you guys are chatty today - maybe the hot weather is keeping us inside.

Tamra - how are you able to get down bread and Pasta? It's great you lost a few pounds quickly but it doesn't sound like you are getting enough Protein - be careful with all the fad diets - I for one got my band so I could stop going on all the different diets.

I am quite sure I would not get a revision unless I had a serious problem with my band like erosion - and the odds are on my side that won't happen. And if I had to have my band removed I would wait to see before I had anything done.

I don't really think one surgery is better or worse than the other - they are different surgeries and it is a personal choice - whatever surgery you choose you need to follow the program. Weight loss with all three will slow down and eventually stall out - and although we can only eat small amounts at a time with all three surgeries - all three let us eat small amounts all day if we choose to and we can all gain back the weight - it is up to each of us to control our path.

I just got back from Sam's Club and I bought some Brown Cow Greek Yogurt - 6 strawberry and 6 blueberry for $9.18 - each have 14 gr of protein. I am not a yogurt fan, but it will be good for my two vegetarian children.

Hi All - Yes, I am inside avoiding the heat outside. I am also procrastinating from taking my on-line driver training class (my punishment from the speeding ticket I got when driving back from our get together at Reggi's back in Feb.!!)

Pam and Tina - I agree that everyone needs to make their own choice on which surgery based on what the research and what the doctor's recommend based on their medical situation. You are right there are pluses and minuses with all and no surgery is a magic cure because you can eat around any of them.

Cole - keep researching and asking questions.

Chrissy - My 2 cents: I think the size of our stomachs isn't what made us get fat. Our stomachs expand (including the pouches from our surgeries) based on how much food we take in. The stomach is a muscle and it can stretch like any muscle. I believe there are other issues at the heart of why we are all over weight. The issues are different for each person, but we eat more food that we need and eat when we aren't physically really hungry/need food.

Tamra - glad you are having good results. I think when we see the scale move it can motivate us to make the right choices. Whole grain carbs are healthy, especially if they have no sugar and you have them in small quantities. There is a bread at trader joes that is nothing but whole grains with Water - no sugar - no fat - it is their brand called Daily Bread or sometimes they have a brand called Ezekelial bread. My fav is the cinnamon raisin, but the multi grain and sprouted wheat are good too.

Pam - I think Tamra and I can still eat breads and pastas because we still are not at the right restriction levels. (I have no trouble with toast or with torillas; I have avoided un-toasted bread.) I have had some trouble occasionally since my only fill in April, but I think in general it is because we still aren't at our sweet spots yet.

Try to stay cool eveyone. Have a good day - I can't put it off any more - gotta do my traffic school program!

Hi My Ladies!!!

I thought some guy joined a week or so ago. I must have scared him away! :scared2:

Heather - Glad you spoke with Doc Who! Sounds like he has stayed firm. Keep at it! :lol:

Pat/Pam - You are so right with the emotional eating, hardest part for most of us. I agree whatever surgery you have it’s only a tool. Grazing/snacking will beat any surgery.

Any newbie’s should highly consider the Sleeve. I’ve been saying for months that I think it will become the surgery of choice. Sleeve has less maintenance issues but does have its own risks. Having most of my stomach removed was not my first choice as most of you know but in the end I think I’m better off. If I was offered the Sleeve initially I’m not certain I would have done it. As crazy as I think it is (three surgeries) I would do it all over again to have the Sleeve and be where I am today. The first band failure was an emotional hell, the second was shock.

I've gained so much from this thread from friendships to the vast knowledge and comfort of knowing how the Kaiser program works. Without it I certainly would have had a more difficult time. It’s a great thread as we are mostly all Kaiser and see the same group of docs.

Three cheers for us losers!!!!!! :blush:

Pam - Pat is right, I have no issues prob because I have no restriction...I never eat un toasted bread or things like that. With my new way of eating I eat chicken, lean ground beef, fish, etc., but it's mixed with "good carbs". Today I ate two meals and have been full all day :scared2: I will watch don't worry!

Cole - I recommend following Kaisers 1200 cal to the end, like most of us did. I am only trying the belly fat cure eating plan because I am having trouble sticking to the 1200 cal plan after surgery and am exploring different things.

Oh and Pat yes that bread is in my book as a good carb as well :scared2:

I pretty much can't do bread, Pasta, rice or broccoli. Occasonally I can do bread mixed with a protien but Robin said protiens without carbs is best (or no sandwiches or using crackers to eat egg salad!! LOL) even than I usually throw out most of the bread.

I am not at perfect restriction. But it struggle with to tight or to loose. I think coming close to good restriction is the best I can do. I am not losing fast like I was when I first got my fill. But didn't like my last fill, a bit to tight. So I am working with what I have.................

JOHN:

Sleeve is the surgery of the moment and maybe the new gold standard. Research is pretty clear. I only consider it because my aftercare has been a bitch and I would love to be done with fills/unfills. But if I keep losing weight and don't end up in the ER anymore I can deal. I just wonder what Kaisers take on all this is.

I am way to hot ladies I am gonna go Water my fruit trees and I might accidently squirt myself!! I hate the heat. The one good thing is I hate to eat much when it is this darn hot!!

Anyone seen grown ups this weekend? I wanna see it but want to know if it is worth the money first!!

Pat I agree 100% that this is about way more than eating to much!! Taking food away as our addiction of choice means that other issues and cross addictions have to be deal with and put to rest.

Like Kaiser says they can fix the hardware of the body but not the wiring.............(stomach vs brain).

I told the doc last time I went in that Kaiser should require follow up group or individual therapy and he said the medical association won't allow it to be a requirement of the program or surgery and that is why they don't force the issue they just recommend it.

I grew up eating whole wheat everything. bread, Pasta .......my mom is a health nut. I like the ezekial bread and the other one you mentioned Pat. But serious can't eat them now. Not worth the carbs or the getting stuck!!

Pat what is your fill level?? I am at 5cc's and have decent restriction.........not perfect but I do feel the band. Of course TOM is over so I am getting back to the band loosening up alot today!!

Hi Heather, sorry I didn't catch the telepathic "hi" yesterday...I had so much going on yesterday that I almost didn't go to group but I wanted to hear the doc....so I stayed as long as I could until I had to run...I wanted to have a chance to say hi to you all but my phone was ringing off the hook (silently) during the docs presentation...lol

I must say this weekend has some bad choices for me...fruit (which I haven't had much since jan) cake, and an enclilada....all choices I wouldn't normally make but it was celebration weekend of my son's graduation. But, even though I was making bad choices I couldn't eat much of any of it...my sleeve works. Days prior to wls I would have gorged myself on all that stuff....feels good to be forced to stop. Back to good choices tomorrow...

BTW, it's freakn hot!!:scared2:

Guest sodapop

ALI AND JOHN!! How much can you guys eat now!? Am I gonna be at 1/4 cup forever!?

ALI- I am so happy that you said that Ali. The sleeve MAKES you stop that is awesome! I am getting SOOOOOOO sick of eating yougurt, applesauce, Soup. blah!:scared2: Can't wait for mushies.