Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Morning Friends!

Ouch Mo, that SUCKS!! My mom hurt hers before too, that's NOT FUN!

I hope everyone is planning a fun weekend, I am NOT BBQ or going to ANY PARTIES! I am going to watch the fireworks in Benicia like I do every year, and that's it.

I am down to 220 flat today, so I lost .3 more this week. Better then nothing! Brings me to a loss of 65 lbs exactly since last year when I started looking into the band and loosing weight :tt1:

swrktp...Sorry think your name is Tina but not sure!

Do you mean they changed your mind about wanting to look into the sleeve? Just curious.

Tamra...That is an awesome amount of weight to have lost and you should be super happy. I would be!

April..glad you are feeling better and home now...how scary.

Everyone else...HAPPY 4TH OF JULY :tt1:

Heading to Aptos to play in the sand with my little princess and the family.

Great to hear you doing ok April!! Keep us updated. Last time I got swollen I had the pain when eating and drinking for a couple weeks. Just felt sore when anything touched it.............I used Carafate during that time to help calm things down. Did you get some of that?? Feel better soon and check in when you can.

Talked to Robin and that went well. She said if I don't want a fill I can come in or I don't have to. But I want to talk to the doctor. She did tell me that with the band if you eat to much or took fast you can get esphagal spasms.......and that can make you breathless but it shouldn't last for days just until the food goes down

Saw the respiratiory therapist today. I am healthy as a horse obviously!! Nothing wrong. Panic and stress is the final word. :-P They showed me how to breath into a paperbag (it really works) and how to use bio feedback and exhaling to stop the breathing problems if they ever start again. Really like the therapist I saw talked to me for about an hour about my band before we did the test and the RULES...............and the sleeve!! He sorta made me rethink the sleeve a bit...........good positive appointment with him.

Thanks...What is CARAFATE? Never heard of it. What do the esophogeal spasms feel like to you? Pain or just feel like you are breathless? The pain around my band hasn't stopped for almost 5 days now and I feel it in my back and in the front but mostly is noticeable when I drink or eat anything! I am still waiting to hear back from Dr. Alami. I hope he is in the office today and will message me back before the weekend. Glad to hear that everything is okay with you and that you know how to handle the panic attacks. I hope you feel better real soon...hopefully I'll see you at this months meeting and we can talk?

Hello Everyone!!!!

April-Glad you posted your story for all to know exactly what you are going through. I'll be praying for you....

Okay so, I injured my achillies tendon on Tuesday!!!! I am in so much pain. I did it walking/jogging on the treadmill at the gym. I have been going to the gym everyday. I have 5 out of 7 days in my pedometer where I have walked over 12,000 steps. I was feeling pretty damn proud of myself. I have never worked-out so much in my life. I did take a rest yesterday thinking it would be okay and that I just needed to stay off of it. Well,.... I went back to the gym today and hit my ALL TIME record of 5.30 miles...I was on the treadmill for 80 minutes... I did a combination of walking and jogging. I was feeling myself..... Then, I got off and sat in the sauna for 20 minutes. When I went to stand...I almost fell. I was in so much pain. I came home and iced it and later called my chiropracter's office for an immediate visit. I went in and had it examined. He did this stimulator thingy, an ultrasound, laser therapy and then a minipulation massage that I must say....hurt like hell. Hopefully, after a few weeks of treatment and rest...it heals on its own. If it doesn't improve, he said I will need a MRI to make sure it isn't torn. If it is torn, it may self-repair or even worse...it may need surgery. The whole time I'm thinking past the pain...thinking, "Now how am I going to exercise and lose these stubborn pounds????" I know...I need to focus on rehab. I am just so motivated to exercise right now I can't afford to lose my momentum....

I hope all are well.....

Thank you for the prayers they are appreciated! I hope that everything works out well with your leg...remember some of our weight loss is what we eat too so even if you can't exercise right now just keep eating right and you will either continue to lose (maybe a little slower) or you will at least maintain. But you need to take car eof your leg and make sure it heals well so you will have the opporunity to exercise far into your future. Everyone here will support you through this time. I will be praying for you as well for a speedy recovery. Take care

Of course I would come there silly! Duhhh....I would be there in a second like you have been there for me! Cause I LOVE YOU! :tt1: I WON'T LET YOU GAIN!!!! We have some bike riding to do! Your bike misses you! :frown:

Thank you hun... love you too! I miss my bike as well... I feel so FREE and happy when I ride bikes!!!! We will go for a bike ride soon but first I want these pains to go away! I couldn't even work a full day yesterday because the pain was too bad, I left early.

April the Carafate is a prescription from the doctor. My doctor gave it to me when I got the big unfill and had all the swelling. It is a stomach coater and is suppose to protect the stomach while it heals. They use it alot after RNY surgery. I would ask your doc. I use it for after fills now............just to be sure I don't swell.

Cole

You know I have done alot of rearch on the sleeve and probably still will think about it. But I talked to the resp therapist yesterday and he is also overweight and doing it on his own. But he basically talked to me about how both of us were having to change back habits......he was impressed with Kaiser's program.....of course he works for them............but he said to me you know in the most important ways your doing this on your own too............the band is a backup only. And he is right. We basically have to exercise and eat right with all the surgeries...........he just made me think about that the final outcome positve or negetive is in my control.......not the control of the band being to tight or to loose...............And Robin was really positive yesterday too with how I am doing and the whole spasm of the esophagus would explain some things.........the breatlessness.

APRIL:

For me the spasms feel like my band is getting to tight and I can't catch my breath and than when the food or liquids passes my band it hurts. I think when that happens I panic and that just makes it worse........... So I don't think anxiety and panic is what starts my problem but they said if I react with anxiety the anxiety will take over............

But I am gonna do some research on the spasms and see what the deal is. If that is what is going on than I would like to know if I am hurting something or if my esphagus is at risk of problems....................

Guest sodapop

Tina glad everything is okay! I keep telling April you guys have to talk!!!!!!!!

Mo-I am SO SORRY! That sucks so bad! Your in my thoughts and prayers. You will heal soon I just know it. Looks like you were kicking some major ass on the exercise! Maybe ya gotta slow down. ha ha J/k! Take some rest and naps-you will heal soon and back up and running in no time.!:frown:

okay everyone drumroll please!........18 pounds in 2 weeks( and 2 days)and I just put on a size 18! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tt1: :frown: :crying: :lol2:

Edited by sodapop

That is so awesome Chrissy! You are doing great!!! I can't wait til I can join you! :tt1::thumbup::frown::thumbup:

Awwww my poor Mo!!!!

Chrissy! holly crap! Thats awsome, I need to get you clothes now, and I am almost out of my 16's I just bought last week, you know who they are going to lol!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Thanks for telling us what happened April. I hope they figure it out soon and your pain subsides.

Yay Chrissy - keep working your sleeve.

Tina - I have to agree with you - once the honeymoon weight comes off and we have to deal with everything else, the goal is now to get in control of why we eat - and use the band as a safety net - but it is truly up to us to make good choices - I know I can't keep focusing on my band the rest of my life - I have to live life otherwise it isn't much different than focusing on my weight all the time prior to getting my band,

I am at the KOA campground in Petaluma until Monday with my kids and our RV - weather is beautiful right now.

Guest sodapop

Stacy-Just wait! You are going to LOVE the sleeve and you are gonna be such a CHEAP DATE! Ut amazing so far how the sleeve works. I can't believe how IT STOPS YOU FROM EATING! I haven't thrown up ONCE and you can totally tell when you are full! The weight is melting off it's like some miracle or something!!

ASH! YAY! I know right? I still can't believe it though...I swear these pants are "mis-marked" But nope they are my favorite capri's that are black I got at Lame Bryant-(yes Lame) not a typo! I am so excited! Ha ha- You know Mo got hurt so she didn't have to go shooping with you!! lmao!! Tee hee I am only kidding! Yes I am BIG BRAT!:tt1:

Thanks Pam! I am SOOOOOOO Jealous you are camping! That has to be my MOST fav thing to do ever! Have a BLAST!!

Congrats Chrissy!! I wanna lose 18 pounds in 2 weeks!!

I would love to get together and talk April!! We have some of the same stuff going on. :-)

I wanna go on bike rides too! I need a bike first. Better work on that. lol.

April- Still thinking about you! How great that Donna was there too!

Guest sodapop

Heather-I know right? I havent seen Donna since Nicole left and then I have to go to San Francisco to see her!? What the heck?? lol..I was waiting for April to have her procedure and I was staring at the vending machines I was so bored..and I looked at Donna and Her son like ummm...What? Is that you!? lol! It ws great! they where so nice to stay and keep me company and wait for April! I would have died from boredom....ha ha

And Bikes? Well you are in LUCK! I have THREE cruisers and they are StRaIgT PiMpIn (that is ny gansta writing) We gotta go! April and I ride over my house cause we can easliy ride into Mid-town, and I am in East Sac! It is UBER FUN! Huh April? Every time we ride we have some crazy stories! You will have to come with us and we can do a picnic or have lunch and I will stare at you guys while you eat or just take a bite from you guys and that should be 1/4 cup! lol

HAPPY FOURTH EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!! HOPE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IS SAFE AND HAS A BLAST!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Just popping on to say happy 4th of July!!! In Oregon RV’ing at a friend’s place.

Mo & April get better!!

Haloy 4th if July!!! May you enjoy yourselves and not eat too much!

Thanks for all the well wishes! I so want to walk on the treadmill! Can't tho! May cause pain!!! I'm am doing better! I have therapy tomorrow and hope to go get a massage afterwards!!! Anyone want to go???

I just made some baked bean with ground turkey. I do plan to have some....

Hoping not to over eat today!!!! Lol

TTYL... Have a great day!