Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I am up to 120 oz of Water so far today and I think I am done with that. I have had 4 shakes and One Bar. I am hoping not to be up tonight, but we'll see. I have to get bloodwork at 7:10 before the meeting.

I really like Dr. Im although I haven't had many long conversations with him. He is pretty much no nonsense to the point.

Hope you feel better Dispo - when is Dr Baggs due back?

LOL @ the music during surgery, I fell asleep to Lady Gaga and woke up to Black Eyed Peas !!!

I don't remember waking up until I was in the recovery room..............can't remember a thing. Seriously Ash you remember??? I was so out of it all that day!! I don't remember them waking me up at all. Total blank for me.

I did hear I said some pretty crazy stuff and might have argued with someone (they anthesialogist said something about me being scared of something and argueing to the nurse) that was the first and last I remember until I woke up again a couple of hours later. I was afraid to ask what happened in the OR but I don't think the anesthesilogist should have said that to the nurse because it scared me and made me think something had gone wrong.

Who else remembers waking up in OR? Total blank here................I wish I could remember something........but than again maybe it is better I don't depending on what I said or what I was argueing about!! LOL

Edited by swrktp

on the otherhand I talked to someone who woke up twice during surgery!! LOL. I am so glad I was more on the side of not remembering anything.............

My first surgery I woke up in the middle and they quickly put me back under. The second I don’t remember anything until recovery. The third I remember briefing being sat up to pull the tubes out of my mouth and Doc who telling me all went well then I don’t remember anything until they were wheeling me into the hospital wing. No music while I was awake in any of them. Maybe Doc Who doesn’t like music during surgery.:confused:

Edited by skiingj

I don't remember a freaking thing and I am so good with that! LOL....:confused:

Hi Everyone!

I don't remember much either. I do remember walking to do the barium swallow. Yuck! I sure wish I could forget that awful stuff.

I am still here and had a pretty good 4th of July. I did not overeat. I really think I have met my sweet spot. I can not eat more than 1 cup.....Well, it depends on what it is. Isn't it funny how many of us can't eat bread or Gummy and dry food when Protein and chips/snack foods go down perfectly fine. Why is that??? I ate my share of chocolate chip w/ pecan cookies...... I am now trying to get back on track.

Lee-Yea on the 189lbs.... I am so happy for you. You have totally passed me up. I probably won't recognize you anymore! You are withering away. I know you need all new clothes....

Tamra-I'm right here with you. I am so tired of playing with the same dang lbs.... I hope I can re-focus lose some more. I think I'm at the sweet spot. At first, I thought I was too tight...Naw.... I'm not too tight. I just need to eat the correct foods and measure...

With that said...I am back to basics and started measuring everything yesterday. I am sick and tired of getting things stuck in my throat. It hurts so bad. I did extremely well yesterday and today....

I hope all are well...TTyL...............

Lil'Mo, you'll be so happy to be out of the 190's. Make the push and get yourself movin on down. You can do it! I love the 180's!

I don't remember the music at all. The first I woke up after the Sleeve was in the recovery room. I was in so much pain that I kept telling Dr. Baggs that there was an elephant on my chest. I didn't know that I had hernia repair plus a liver biopsy all at the same time. Three in one surgery! My friend who was in the waiting room said that Dr. Baggs came out and said that they were having a hard time controlling my pain. I think I was in that recovery room for over three hours before they wheeled me to a room. I remember that part because another of my best friends was sitting there waiting for me. It's a good thing we don't remember the feeling of the recovery room pain or we'd never do another surgery! Kinda like childbirth. :confused:

Tamra, I'll see you tomorrow night at Kaiser. Anyone else coming?

Who was asking about the luncheon that Mo and I went to? It's on the 17th this month. I plan to be there. Go to Obesity Help.com and look for it in the California forum. It's not at Mimi's anymore but I can't remember the name of the restaurant where we meet! ACK~

The San Leandro support group meeting is also on the 17th.

Bella I was in alot of pain in the recovery room too. I remember the elephant. I think I had the pain meds 3 times before they got it under control...........I don't remember Dr. Baggs being there in the recovery room but I vaguely remember him talking to the nurse. I just didn't see him. I didn't open my eyes cause it hurt to bad but I heard everything the anthesialogist said to the nurse and thought maybe I didn't get banded or that something was wrong.

For me that is the one thing that would deter me from revising is the memory of the recovery room. I hated the recovery part of the surgery!! I was only there for two hours and barely remember the barium swallow. I do know I fell asleep during the baruim swallow they kept telling me to wake up. They finally had someone hold me up on both sides cause I was out. I don't remember swallowing the barium either. LOL. Have no idea of the taste.

I still think they got me up to early I wanted to sleep the meds off longer.............LOL. I sleep for pretty much the first two days when I got home.

Maybe I will forget the pain since I am a year out. But I told Dr. Baggs at my last appointments the only thing holding me back from going sleeve is fear of the afteraffects of the anesthesia..................knocked the wind out of my literally!!

No my favorite part of the whole surgery.............

Edited by swrktp

JOHN:

Seriously you woke up?? How scary what were you thinking? Did you hurt. Oh that would be my worse fear. How did they knock you out so fast. Wow I thought those were just horror stories you hear about waking up.

BELLA:

Why the liver biopsy? I get the hernia and from I hear that is a painful recover but why the liver? Was something wrong?

CHRISSY:

We all know you had the pre surgery, surgery that was your worst nightmare. After that surgery must have been a breeze!!

Well I have to finish cleaning house. No fun but necessary.

Have a great one.

Tina, Dr. Baggs decided to do the liver biopsy based on my own personal history and what he saw when he was in there. Thankfully everything was perfect! I've never had a fatty liver but he wanted to check some things out.

With your experience and pain in the behind with the band, I'd put aside any fears of surgery with the Sleeve because after two days it appears to be a much easier recovery in terms of maintenance etc. I bet you'd be at goal in a NY minute!

I can't believe I'm only 38 pounds away from my goal. Dr. Baggs will consider my surgery a success when I get to 174 pounds. That is so darn close! I can't wait to be down 100 pounds from my high last year of 249. That will give me huge satisfaction if my body wants to go that low. :confused:

I don't remember hearing any music when I walked into the operating room and I didn't wake up until I was in the Recovery room. I remember Dr. Im coming in and saying something to me about having a picture of my band that I could take home with me. I was wheeled down for the barium swallow, stood up for it, and then I was put in the hallway in my wheelchair waiting for someone to come get me. I thought I was going to throw up so they got a wet towel and a throw up container. It wasn't until a few days after I got home that I remembered about the picture and then I also wondered if it really happened or I was dreaming. I e-mailed Dr. Im and he said yes he did talk to me and they mailed me the photo. I had surgery at 8 am, barium swallow at 10:30 and was in the car on my way home at noon.

Good news - I only gained .3 this last week - so the 2 lbs I was up this morning got flushed out today. I am going to try really hard to stay on program this week so I can lose a couple more pounds before I see Dr. Im on July 22.

I also remember hearing the nurses calling all the people that had surgery the day before to make sure they were ok. How funny is that!!!

They were all on the phone while I was slowing coming to doing their check ins? Relaxing atmosphere.

I loved my nurse she let me take off the darn face mask that was making me crazy!! I can't breath with the oxygen mask on my face. Did everyone else have that as well?? I finally got the nose tube which was better. I HATE things over my face like that!! I sorta think that might be what I was argueing with the doc and anthesilogist about!! I hope I wan't to obnoxious about it. But the nurse had it off me right after they left......;-)

gosh Tina you're cleaning house at 9:30 at night? Where do you get the energy. I cleaned the downstairs bathroom including shower when I got home today, but then I dozed in the recliner. you go girl!

Yea my band has been a pain in the butt!! I am still considering the sleeve but don't know if Kaiser would even consider it. I will find out when I talk to them later this month.............I threw it out there and no one said no but they didn't say yes either.

But the hassle is time off work. A night in the hospital. Getting the band and port out and the pain with that. But mostly taking time off work and disability is such a hassle. And all the driving back and forth to Kaiser Richmond. ALthough I do it alot anyway now.

If I were to do it I would probably do it in the fall sometime. That would be another month off work.

I might change insurance in September so unless I did it quickly with Kaiser I think I might actually be able to do it in Sacramento if I wait.

But we will see. Down 15 and stalled. I am afraid to get another fill but like Mo said maybe what I think is to tight is what I actually need to move forward.