Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Guest sodapop

Pam thanks for the article!

I was given NO STOMACH coater and just omiprazol (prilosec)

Tina if you are having issues I think you should MAKE THEM do a x-ray or something! If you made your way over to vsg then I am sure you read the horror stories. With your luck I would demand to get checked!

I am doing better with my liquids everyday I get better. It hag got to be all the walking and doctor appointments I have had! It's forcing me to be very active!

I am now 13 pounds post-op and i am LOVING BEING A LOOSER!!!!!!!

That was a great article. Sounds to me that the band is going to phase itself out and has been nationally with the sleeve being offered. I think Kaise ris not necessary stopping it but people will stop wanting it. Great article and seems like it is fairly recent. It is true that alot of bariatric centers are stopping the band not that they do the sleeve. National trends.

Chrissy. I went over there and read the horror stories and than wanted an x ray to be sure. LOL. I usually fall in the 10% of people with problems. I doubt anything is wrong but it would make me better. Those are scary stories.......of course I went into the complication section though!! LOL.

On the plus side I have great restriction today. TOM and the band is perfectly tight today. I hope to talk advantage of it :-)

I also just read last night that to much nutra sweet or splenda can cause breathlessness and Migraines if your allergic to it. I drink tons of crystal light so I am trying only Water the next couple of days to see what happens. Does anyone have experience with artifical sweetners and allergies?? Interesting concept. My uncle who is a doctor told me the stuff is poison and not to use it........ok yea that was 4 years ago:tt2: I obviously didn't listen!!

Ok back to work..............

Edited by swrktp

hey all

sitting at 225.5 this am, so disappointed, thats up 4.5 since I saw Baggs....I have been eating good, so I see now I need to work out.

Doing my Tony Little Gazelle tonight and will continue to eat well through out this week and weekend and come Monday if I am not back at 221 I will need to figure something out!

Tamra my scale is stuck to and I have been pretty good!! LOL. I did have ice cream on Sunday..........I agree I think exercise is what makes the biggest difference. The people that lost fast were exercising ALOT!!

I can't see any avatars I will have to re log in ...........Yea John we will finally meet avatar to avatar now!! LOL.

You look great John - keep up the good work.

I lost half a pound last week - wasn't what I was hoping for but I'll take it - pound by pound it will all add up. I have lost 17 lbs in the last about 8 weeks which doesn't seem like much, but once our bodies get used to fewer calories it comes off much slower - if we continued to lose at the fast pace we did in the beginning we would disappear.

Yeah I have been at a stand still this week so far still at 202. But I agree pound by pound :thumbup:

Nice Pic John!

17 is huge Pam!! Nothing little about that.........I am working on getting to 17 myself. But stuck for two weeks now at the same weight........but at least not going up!!

I can't see any avatars now sure what is up with my computer. No tickers either.

I missed Robin again today too :-( I am leaving for San Fransico tomorrow for a couple of days so I won't be able to talk to her until next week now. Picking up my daughter who is coming home from COsta Rica at midnight tomorrow :-)

Oh I emailed the Doc to see if I can get an x ray done to make sure my band is happy and doing well!! Well see what happens.

Wow I have great restriction today. Maybe I will hit my 17 by the end of the week~~ only did Water all day but sure eyeing the crystal light. I just have to get it a break for a few days and see if it makes any difference. I was freezing it and than have crystal light slushies!! Yummy way to get the 64 ounces in!! :-)

Ash your so close to onederland..............ahhh and to be stuck at 202!! LOL. I bet you can't wait until your down 3 more. Such a milestone!!

Guest sodapop

John you have a pic finally yay! You still need smaller shirts. lol. Your sure melting away. Next we will all be calling him "little John" wait that might hurt your self-estem. lol ha ha ha.

Pam 17 pounds is great!!! Good job. Hey 17 pounds is my biggest Shih-Tzu! So imagine strapping a DOG to your stomach. ha ha. You lost that!

Well I was getting really hungry and I watched Man vs. food Now I want to vomit and all the hunger is over....Ick musta been head hunger all week. ha ha!

Ash and I had a SKYPE call tonight and it was FUN! I had never done that before but it was sure fun! You all should try it!

****Ohhh on a side note-I can't be at the meeting this weekend. :thumbup: My best friend from elementary school is having her baby shower at 12:00!!! BAD timing but I can't miss it-she would kill me.

but I coudlve sworn someone told me no matter how much you lose before pre-op.. they would still do it...

That would be me. Doc Fisher told me that, but it may not apply to everyone. I guess they figure if your over 300 lbs in your early 20s, you've got a problem. Dr Fisher told me (about 6 weeks ago) if I got down to 190, he'd do any surgery I wanted (band, rny, slee.ve). He's been discouraging the band from the start, told me he thinks RNY is better for me. But I'm stubborn, and I don't want my insides re-routed. If they do discontinue the band, maybe I'll join the John/Chrissy/Ash team. Who knows. Maybe I should try the Kaiser medical program with the Optifast. Probably should try EVERYTHING before I have surgery.

Can't wait for the Point West meeting on Saturday! I've missed you all so much!

Still can't see any avatars or tickers. So sorry John but I haven't met your avatar yet!! LOL. I can't figure out what is up with that.

Heather:

I agree on the stomach re routing. Just couldn't do it. I also worry about the sleeve but the more I read up the better I feel about that one. I have checked on the VSG site a few times and did some research. Still alot of doctors doing the band but alot of surgeons are stopping the band once they start the sleeve. Interesting stuff. If for any reason my band has problems or has to be removed than I would consider sleeve. I would also consider Optifast too just cause I am not sure how much trauma I want to put my body through or how many scars on I want on my stomach!! LOL. My band ones are finally starting to fade........

I am working on my diet and my habits now and trying to just use the band as a back up. If I could conquer the head hunger I probably wouldn't do another surgery.

Just considering options and doing research on the sleeve. I have thought about a revision............but also considering what I could be successful without any more medical procedures.