Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

I know when I hit below 200 I was doing the happy dance, but let me tell you the 175 dance was on the scale LOL I was so excited with a resounding "yes" vibrating through the house... too bad I was home alone LOL. but I was so happy. I can't believe how well I am doing.

I bought some adidas pants and shirts to wear around maybe I will exercise more regularly LOL perish the thought! I really want an elliptical but no $$ right now. But really I need to do crunches or something .. I walk alot, but my stomach right now is out of proportion with the rest of my bodys weight loss.....

I pb'd a couple of times this week... yuck! too much too fast... but I chewed it well... still ouch... lesson learned ... I think I am at the perfect restriction for me at this point. I am at 5.75cc right now that is with 2 fills.

Today I am at 173 , I can't even remember the last time I saw that weight on the scale , I would venture to say it was 14 or more years ago! I sprint a lot when I am going places... and run up to the top floor of the parking garage, I make 4 floors before pooping out LOL. Yet I recover well!

I did stall out and only lost 3 lb during Dec/Jan, but with my fill on Feb 1st was back on track and I have lost 6 lb so far this month. So I guess you could say I have mastered the maintaining aspect LOL... Told the nurse I was "resting", "getting used to myself, letting my head catch up to my body" LOL got kicked in the butt. Told me I didn't go through all this to lose 3lb in 2 months... Ok she was right.

So I started logging again along with my fill and it made all the difference in the world immediately. So COOL!

It hasn't been really easy but easy enough to suceed with good support. I guess I was really ready for this to make the changes. I don't know if I would have been in the same head space had I done this a couple of years earlier. Although at the same time I wish I had done this a few years ago! I am so thankful to be where I am now though!

Hope you all are doing well too! What a great year 2010 has been to me!

HELP!.....I haven't been on here in a while because I'm too ashamed and disgusted in myself! I was banded in Nov/08, was doing good for a while, then I woke up one morning and could not even swallow water! I called my doctor, and went in and the nurse suggested a slight defill. That slight defill was back in October/09. I felt great after the slight defill, except for the fact that I could eat a lot again! Since then I have gained back 10 lbs! :sad: Now its almost like I was never banded except for the fact that its harder to eat, you all know what I mean, Lol. To makes things worse, since my slight defill, my husband of 18 years has told me he wants a divorce! Needless to say my old eating habits have returned! I eat constantly! and very bad food choice's too. I'm posting this because I feel it's the first step I need to get back on track. I am constantly forcing my food down with large sums of Water and then I continue eating. Yesterday I ate so much that I thought my stomach was going to burst! I have decided to go away for a week to get away from everything. Doe's anyone know how flying affects our bands? do I need to get a complete defill to fly? (air pressure?) Well I already feel better by posting this, if anyone has some advice or has gone through a similar situation I would appreciate feedback. Thxs everyone! :frown:

Princess, we have all been there with the eating wrong things. After you return from your trip, go get a fill. Try to go back to the beginning and eat like we all did in the beginning. It is easy to get off track, without the added stress of a divorce. It is a daily struggle, if you can't get your head in the right place. Good for you for taking care of your personal needs right now. This is all about the journey. Enjoy the trip and when you come back, get back to the basics. I celebrated getting in onederland, and now I am working hard to get this last 20 pounds off. We have all been there, Princess. Keep your head up and take care of yourself. You will get back on track....you will.

Princess, i'm so sorry that you're going through a tough time. Please know that you're not the first, and you're definitely not alone! You should look for a local support group, or maybe even look into starting one if there's not one out there. Check with your local church, community center, or even your Dr. office to see. I also think it's a great idea to get away for a while, but remember that you will have to face and handle the situations upon your return.

There is also a self-help book you might be interested in. It's called "Mars & Venus: Starting Over" and it did help me through my divorce.

I do know that flying is fine. I was also banded Nov of 08 and have taken numerous flights since then, from 45 minute shorties, up to flights to Europe last summer. No problem. However, let your Dr. know before you leave. My Dr. gave me special instructions that I could have on me at all times to let everyone know in an emergency about my surgery.

Good luck to you! And remember, you have lost a lot of weight! So you know you can continue to do it.

Rhonda

hi princess~ whats done is done, now we must move forward. I was banded nov 08 as well and intially did very well and then a hit a wall, a cement wall....my bands sliped and i had a hernia. at that point i was down to 185, but after the unfill for the surgery and down time after, i gained about 7lbs. and currently am at 191-3 9depending on the day). my surgeons is very conservative and only gives me small fill amounts at a time. a few weeks ago my nephew was murdered which sent me into a world wind with a license to EAT. the emotional eating coupled with not enough Fluid in my band has not made for a good combinnation for weight loss. I have kept up my workouts but with the amount of food i can eat (and i am HUNGRY) all i have been able to do is maintain. we can do this. its just a matter of recommitting and getting back to the ever so elusive sweetspot. good luck to you, to me and toeveryone who needs it!

hi princess~ whats done is done, now we must move forward. I was banded nov 08 as well and intially did very well and then a hit a wall, a cement wall....my bands sliped and i had a hernia. at that point i was down to 185, but after the unfill for the surgery and down time after, i gained about 7lbs. and currently am at 191-3 9depending on the day). my surgeons is very conservative and only gives me small fill amounts at a time. a few weeks ago my nephew was murdered which sent me into a world wind with a license to EAT. the emotional eating coupled with not enough Fluid in my band has not made for a good combinnation for weight loss. I have kept up my workouts but with the amount of food i can eat (and i am HUNGRY) all i have been able to do is maintain. we can do this. its just a matter of recommitting and getting back to the ever so elusive sweetspot. good luck to you, to me and toeveryone who needs it!

OMG DD, I'm so so sorry to hear about your nephew. How awful. My thoughts are with you and your family.

HELP!.....I haven't been on here in a while because I'm too ashamed and disgusted in myself! I was banded in Nov/08, was doing good for a while, then I woke up one morning and could not even swallow water! I called my doctor, and went in and the nurse suggested a slight defill. That slight defill was back in October/09. I felt great after the slight defill, except for the fact that I could eat a lot again! Since then I have gained back 10 lbs! :cool2: Now its almost like I was never banded except for the fact that its harder to eat, you all know what I mean, Lol. To makes things worse, since my slight defill, my husband of 18 years has told me he wants a divorce! Needless to say my old eating habits have returned! I eat constantly! and very bad food choice's too. I'm posting this because I feel it's the first step I need to get back on track. I am constantly forcing my food down with large sums of Water and then I continue eating. Yesterday I ate so much that I thought my stomach was going to burst! I have decided to go away for a week to get away from everything. Doe's anyone know how flying affects our bands? do I need to get a complete defill to fly? (air pressure?) Well I already feel better by posting this, if anyone has some advice or has gone through a similar situation I would appreciate feedback. Thxs everyone! :tongue_smilie:

Yes Princess, you can fly, no problem. I've flown several times and even was at 10000 feet elevation and ate lunch on a mountain, never had an issue. That was with 10cc's in my 10cc band. Recommit yourself, I'm sorry you've had such a rough turn, but it's time for you to pick yourself up and dust yourself off. As Jillian says...."I Need Warriors". Quit sabotaging yourself and fight for what you want! Good luck!

Thank you to everyone who responded to my "cry for help", Lol.

I feel much better!

"elysenoland", I am so sorry for your loss! my heart go's out to you and your family. Stay strong!

"ddgalarza", wow a slipped band and hernia! That must have been horrible, glad to hear you are on the mend and back on track. :)

"TklMeSkinny", your absolutely right! support is the key I believe. I have heard of Men are from Mars, woman are from Venus, but did not know of the book you mentioned, I am definitely going to grab that book!

"Glammaw", congrat's on the Onederlander! :thumbup:

Hello fellow Nov 2008 banders! It's been a month or so since I have been back to the site. How are you all doing? I am doing a happy dance from my weigh in this morning. I'm at 294 down a whopping 131 pounds! Yeah. Only 69 to go and I'm winning my battle of the buldge and I too took back control over food and my weight back November 2008. What a journey, but I am so, so thankful I took this step....Tell me about your successes.

You might want a slight unfill with the stress and flying. Not a great combo. I was hired by my band doctor and they say a little out helps.

Sory to hear what your going through. Keep your chin up and we're thinking about you.

DD- I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I will keep your family in my prayers. When I started on this website in November of '08 you kept me motivated. You seemed to take the band seriously and never let the setbacks that you have had stop you from striving to reach your goal. Please dont let this family situation get you off track. I know it is hard to lose a loved one but you have come to far with your weightloss to stop! I know you can do it! You ALWAYS have!

Princess- My parents divorced after being married for 31 years. My mom took that opportunity to look within herself and get happy! I know its hard but you must look out for you. Dont sabbatoge your weightloss. The heavier you get the harder it will be to dig yourself out of the hole. I hope you enjoyed your vacation!!

In January a friend of mine and I decided that we were going to try to become runners. The first time we went to they gym neither of us could run at 4.0 for more than a minute. Today I can run a mile at 4.0 without stopping. We do a race everymonth. This month we have a 5k that we will do. Although we wont be able to run the whole thing I am glad we will get out there and try. And when we cross the finish line it feels soooo good! I have lost about 13lbs since January and I cant wait to see what the future holds! Since I had the setback with the pregnancy I feel like I am so far behind but I am thankful for this site and all of the encouraging words everyone always has. Talk to y'all soon!

Thanks, Elyse. Now with Lent, maybe it will get a little easier. I have 22 more to lose to be at goal. It has taken awhile, but you just have to keep workin it! Just to think, by summer I COULD be at goal. Come on summer :w00t:

Good luck to everyone on this journey!

That's wonderful! And you didn't think you could do it!

I've had discomfort in my port area. I can't do crunches because it hurts to do so. It actually only bothers me when I make that type of movement and got real bothersome after doing some awhile back. I just hope nothing is wrong with it. I can really feel it now that there is not much fat over it and it feels lg!!

I'm sorry DD for your loss and hope you are doing better. You will start losing again. You had an amazing loss already so you are not going to have a problem continuing if that's what you wish.

Princess, I hope you got to take that trip and have a new perspective on life now. I have gone through the divorce thing after 24 yrs and it's tough, but much good comes out of it too. You will be surprised so get your weightloss on track so you are ready for the new exciting things awaiting you in your life!!

HEY LADIES!!!! I'm still here. Personally things have been rough, but somehow I make we make it through...one day at a time. My band has probably been my saving grace (weight wise) I am quite sure with out, emotionally eating would have taken control and I would be in a heap of a mess. but as it stands I am doing ok. Still looking for the sweet spot since my revision surgery, the good thing is that since the revision and with all the family drama my weight has only varied 2-4pounds depending on the day and the TOM. I am still working out and trying to do the best I can. I am trying to get these lat 30lbs off by the end of July (i like to set my goal realistic and attainable) so wish me luck. I am going to take it 10 pounds at a time and get this done!!!!! Big Kisses to everyone for all the love and support. It is much appreciated. BTW I posted some pics on my profile. the befores are scarry but the afters...well I like them. TTFN!

HEY LADIES!!!! I'm still here. Personally things have been rough, but somehow I make we make it through...one day at a time. My band has probably been my saving grace (weight wise) I am quite sure with out, emotionally eating would have taken control and I would be in a heap of a mess. but as it stands I am doing ok. Still looking for the sweet spot since my revision surgery, the good thing is that since the revision and with all the family drama my weight has only varied 2-4pounds depending on the day and the TOM. I am still working out and trying to do the best I can. I am trying to get these lat 30lbs off by the end of July (i like to set my goal realistic and attainable) so wish me luck. I am going to take it 10 pounds at a time and get this done!!!!! Big Kisses to everyone for all the love and support. It is much appreciated. BTW I posted some pics on my profile. the befores are scarry but the afters...well I like them. TTFN!

Wow! 30 pounds by July! I admire you. I just decided this week I'd like to lose 10 more pounds and do it by summer. And, I was thinking 1 pound at a time will be challenging for me at this point!! Good luck to you. If anyone can do it, you can. You lost sooooo fast before your problems.