Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Oh and another fill is out for me, I'm at 10 ccs in a 10cc band, not only that but I can't eat more than about a cup of food without bringing it right back up most days.

You know, I'm at 8cc in a 10 cc band. I don't feel any restriction at all. I'm stuck in a plateau... am back on metformin 2 times a day for diabetes and now on lantus at night due to morning highs... My doc tells me that the metformin won't cause weight gain and the lantus is such a low dose, that it should not be affecting my weight loss.... All I know is that within a week of going back on the metformin... I've lost only 4 lbs... and that was 6 months ago. I'm very frustrated... Any ideas out there?

You know, I'm at 8cc in a 10 cc band. I don't feel any restriction at all. I'm stuck in a plateau... am back on metformin 2 times a day for diabetes and now on lantus at night due to morning highs... My doc tells me that the metformin won't cause weight gain and the lantus is such a low dose, that it should not be affecting my weight loss.... All I know is that within a week of going back on the metformin... I've lost only 4 lbs... and that was 6 months ago. I'm very frustrated... Any ideas out there?

Hi Trish!

Same suggestion I made to Elyse - track your exercise calorie burn and your eating calories very carefully and see what your calorie deficit is. If you are burning way more than you are eating, your body will be in 'starvation' mode. I am on Lantus as well, and I understand that it will affect weight loss - all insulin does.

I hope that you find your answer - have you talked to your nutritionist lately? Perhaps some not-so-great habits have snuck back into your routine?

Good luck with finding your answers! :biggrin:

Hey guys, just want to stop by and give you guys an update, and boy oh boy was I tempted to just let this one go by. Well as you all know I had revision surgery September 30 and was unfilled down to 3cc's at surgery. Now to me 3cc's might as well have been a complete unfill. So here I am 6 weeks later and UP 6 POUNDS!!!!!! Yes, you heard me right and I didnt studder, 6 fricken pounds. Am I surprised? Not really. I'll admit that I got LAZY I enjoyed sleeping in until 6am instead of getting up at 4:30am to go to the gym. My eating post op was going pretty good until my husband (how dare he) took me on an all inclusive 7 day trip to Cabo for my 40th birthday and I Lost my fricken mind. I swear when I got on the plane the scale said 185 (and I know it did because I weighed myself on the scale at the airport where you weigh your luggage). And at the airport on the way home it said 197...I PROMISS IT DID. There was alot of drinking and late night eating on that trip. And honestly I know I didnt gain 12 pounds in 7 days but I knew that I hadnt been eating right and drinking alot of alcohol plus not getting in my Water (unless you take in water by sitting in the pool swim up bar?) So 5 days home and the scals was down to 190, 10 days home and there it remained 190 sometimes 191.

THANK GOODNESS today was my follow up from surgery appointment where she gave me a fill and I was never so happy in all my life. Theses last 6 weeks have really reafirmed my decision to get the band. with out it I truely have very little will and I really need the restriction that it gives me. I still am a fat girl at heart and in my mind. I still have work to do. C25K here I come and 180 by Christmas!!!!

Hey guys, just want to stop by and give you guys an update, and boy oh boy was I tempted to just let this one go by. Well as you all know I had revision surgery September 30 and was unfilled down to 3cc's at surgery. Now to me 3cc's might as well have been a complete unfill. So here I am 6 weeks later and UP 6 POUNDS!!!!!! Yes, you heard me right and I didnt studder, 6 fricken pounds. Am I surprised? Not really. I'll admit that I got LAZY I enjoyed sleeping in until 6am instead of getting up at 4:30am to go to the gym. My eating post op was going pretty good until my husband (how dare he) took me on an all inclusive 7 day trip to Cabo for my 40th birthday and I Lost my fricken mind. I swear when I got on the plane the scale said 185 (and I know it did because I weighed myself on the scale at the airport where you weigh your luggage). And at the airport on the way home it said 197...I PROMISS IT DID. There was alot of drinking and late night eating on that trip. And honestly I know I didnt gain 12 pounds in 7 days but I knew that I hadnt been eating right and drinking alot of alcohol plus not getting in my Water (unless you take in water by sitting in the pool swim up bar?) So 5 days home and the scals was down to 190, 10 days home and there it remained 190 sometimes 191.

THANK GOODNESS today was my follow up from surgery appointment where she gave me a fill and I was never so happy in all my life. Theses last 6 weeks have really reafirmed my decision to get the band. with out it I truely have very little will and I really need the restriction that it gives me. I still am a fat girl at heart and in my mind. I still have work to do. C25K here I come and 180 by Christmas!!!!

DD, thank goodness you got your fill! Glad to see you recommitted and back on here!

I tried to do around 800 calories for a week, to try to start losing again. Went to the gym every day for a minimum of an hour, never went over 850 calories. Guess what?! GAINED 2 POUNDS!!!! Sorry, whoever recommended that, but I'd rather eat 1000 to 1400 and lose nothing, than starve myself and gain. On the plus side, although I haven't lost any weight, I can fit into size 12's. My guess is, since I've starting doing boot camp 4 times a week(and boy am I sore ALL THE TIME!) and running, I've really packed on some muscle and that's why I'm not seeing a drop in the weight.

DD, thank goodness you got your fill! Glad to see you recommitted and back on here!

I tried to do around 800 calories for a week, to try to start losing again. Went to the gym every day for a minimum of an hour, never went over 850 calories. Guess what?! GAINED 2 POUNDS!!!! Sorry, whoever recommended that, but I'd rather eat 1000 to 1400 and lose nothing, than starve myself and gain. On the plus side, although I haven't lost any weight, I can fit into size 12's. My guess is, since I've starting doing boot camp 4 times a week(and boy am I sore ALL THE TIME!) and running, I've really packed on some muscle and that's why I'm not seeing a drop in the weight.

Took my measurements last night and have lost 2 inches in the last three weeks, at least somethings going away!

Took my measurements last night and have lost 2 inches in the last three weeks, at least somethings going away!

You exercise way to much to survive on 800 cals!!! Now me, I am lucky to get in all my isometrics!! I have probably been eating your needed 1500 this week and I don't dare get on the scale! You see you are losing inches and I bet you are gaining some fine firm muscle. Good for you!

You exercise way to much to survive on 800 cals!!! Now me, I am lucky to get in all my isometrics!! I have probably been eating your needed 1500 this week and I don't dare get on the scale! You see you are losing inches and I bet you are gaining some fine firm muscle. Good for you!

I blame Ebony for it. She talked me into C25K and from there, it was like, well I never thought I could run, so if I can run, maybe I can do boot camp, and tonight, it was well maybe I can do boot camp and this GODAWFUL 1 hour long cycle/circuit class called TURN AND BURN. I have never sweated that much in my life. The good news is, after I've worked out for an hour and a half, I'm too sick to my stomach to even THINK about food.< /p>

Hi All,

I was banded on 11/6 and doing great so far. Still feel a bit bloated, but it is much better than it was. Went back to work after one week and the only trouble was the pressure from my pants. So wore a stretch type pant the next day. Dr has me on mushy foods until next week, then I go to whatever I can tolerate. Not much pain, so that is good. Since the surgery I have lost 8 lbs, so that brings me to a total of 25 lbs lost including pre-op diet.

Can't wait to see how much we will all lose by Christmas!!

Good Luck to all.

Linda:thumbup:

Had my body fat measured today by my trainer, last time was first of August, I've only lost 7 pounds since then, but I've lost 3% BODY FAT!!! Down to 24%! YAY!

Hey Notorious Novembers!

Hi DDGalarza!

Hey guys, just want to stop by and give you guys an update, and boy oh boy was I tempted to just let this one go by. Well as you all know I had revision surgery September 30 and was unfilled down to 3cc's at surgery. Now to me 3cc's might as well have been a complete unfill. So here I am 6 weeks later and UP 6 POUNDS!!!!!! Yes, you heard me right and I didnt studder, 6 fricken pounds.

OMG - that unfill made it easy, I'll bet!

Am I surprised? Not really. I'll admit that I got LAZY I enjoyed sleeping in until 6am instead of getting up at 4:30am to go to the gym. My eating post op was going pretty good until my husband (how dare he) took me on an all inclusive 7 day trip to Cabo for my 40th birthday and I Lost my fricken mind. I swear when I got on the plane the scale said 185 (and I know it did because I weighed myself on the scale at the airport where you weigh your luggage). And at the airport on the way home it said 197...I PROMISS IT DID. There was alot of drinking and late night eating on that trip.

Woo Hoo! Sounds like you had FUN!

And honestly I know I didnt gain 12 pounds in 7 days but I knew that I hadnt been eating right and drinking alot of alcohol plus not getting in my Water (unless you take in water by sitting in the pool swim up bar?) So 5 days home and the scals was down to 190, 10 days home and there it remained 190 sometimes 191.

I hear ya on the need for the band...if I COULD still overeat, I would. And sometimes I do! :eek: I wish I'd never found out what foods are sliders for me sometimes - it's so easy to go right back down that bad road! :)

What Elyse said...

I tried to do around 800 calories for a week, to try to start losing again. Went to the gym every day for a minimum of an hour, never went over 850 calories. Guess what?! GAINED 2 POUNDS!!!! Sorry, whoever recommended that, but I'd rather eat 1000 to 1400 and lose nothing, than starve myself and gain.

I hear ya on that one!

On the plus side, although I haven't lost any weight, I can fit into size 12's.

Yay on the size 12's! :):w00t:

My guess is, since I've starting doing boot camp 4 times a week(and boy am I sore ALL THE TIME!) and running, I've really packed on some muscle and that's why I'm not seeing a drop in the weight.

I would tend to agree with that - I bet your body has been "starving" for Protein and calories to do some building with all the exercise you do!

Yay! We'll take inches too! Great progress!

I blame Ebony for it.

She talked me into C25K and from there, it was like, well I never thought I could run, so if I can run, maybe I can do boot camp, and tonight, it was well maybe I can do boot camp and this GODAWFUL 1 hour long cycle/circuit class called TURN AND BURN.

Okay, I'll take the blame for that! :tt1::wink::wink:

I have never sweated that much in my life. The good news is, after I've worked out for an hour and a half, I'm too sick to my stomach to even THINK about food.< /p>

OMG - that sounds like one HECK of a class...something I'd love to do if I had the time in my schedule!

Hi All,

I was banded on 11/6 and doing great so far. Still feel a bit bloated, but it is much better than it was. Went back to work after one week and the only trouble was the pressure from my pants. So wore a stretch type pant the next day. Dr has me on mushy foods until next week, then I go to whatever I can tolerate. Not much pain, so that is good. Since the surgery I have lost 8 lbs, so that brings me to a total of 25 lbs lost including pre-op diet.

Can't wait to see how much we will all lose by Christmas!!

Good Luck to all.

Linda:thumbup:

Hi Linda! Welcome to the Notorious Novembers! Glad to hear you are healing well - now don't overdo it at work! Follow doc's orders on your eating - maybe you can avoid 'bandster hell'!

Your loss so far sounds good - keep up the good work!

Passed my 1 year bandiversary on Tuesday, had my 1 year check up with my doc on Wednesday. I lost 17 lbs from the last time I saw him - 2 months before, so he didn't give me another fill. I'm feeling pretty good - my weight hasn't changed much (I update my ticker here more often than I visit the doc), but my sizes keep dropping.

I was able to buy a winter coat in a size 12! :):w00t::lol:

I'm now wearing 'off the rack' size Large in tops and skirts, and a 14 in pants (the tummy is in the way). I'm walking daily, running mostly on the weekends. Looking for a job closer to home so I can get back into the gym -I miss it. I do have an ellipitical machine and a rower at home so I can keep going after the winter yuckies set in.

Loving my banded life - and SO GLAD I did this! All the times I struggled, the time spent in bandster hell, and the PB episodes have brought me forward to a much healthier and happier life! :bored:

Still have some pounds to lose, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I'll plan to maintain or lose a little during the holidays, and then kick it into higher gear in January. There's a trip to New Orleans and Florida in my future - a pilot's weekend with my hubby and dropping my DD off in Florida for a Disney internship.

Keep doing great work, Notorious Novembers! :)

Had my body fat measured today by my trainer, last time was first of August, I've only lost 7 pounds since then, but I've lost 3% BODY FAT!!! Down to 24%! YAY!

I was banded Nov. 5 and have really been worried that I was not losing weight. Well, my preop was on Oct. 28 and I went back to the dr Nov. 18 and I have lost 17 pounds since preop and 2.75 inches off my waist!!! I was so happy! I get a fill in 3 weeks so hopefully with nothing in the band I will still lose more!!

I was banded on Mon. Nov. 16th and came home on Tue. Everything has been great, actually it's a little scary. I haven't had pain meds since Tue. Everything is going down. Have walked a little, increasing everyday, liquids for first two weeks. able to drink more Water everyday. I'm excited about this.

:bored:

Everyone is doing so well! Congrats to everyone of your goals! Lets all keep up the positive attitude and energy:thumbup:

Now that I am feeling better, I am right there with you all

Hi there!

I was banded on November 9th! I had to do Clear Liquids for the first 2 days and now I am on full liquids. My next appt with the doc is on Tuesday and I hope he tells me I can move to the next stage becuz I am starving. I also agree that the sugar free Hot Coco is the best! I mix it with the Protein Powder and it is great!! :bored: