Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

....and how strange and unreal is it to be talking about myself and being in reach of being "to small"....blows my mind

I'm 5'7" and am currently 185 and wearing a comfortable size 12. I have this magic number in my head of 140lbs though which is what i weighed about 15 years ago. I thought that was my ideal weight but that is a nother 45lbs off and looking at myself now I'm thinking that my be to small, not really sure yet. It's still listed as my goal weight but I'm open to adjust it to 150.

DD I'm gonna have to agree with you, I think 140 is going to be too small for you. You'd look scrawny. I'm hoping for 160. Doc says that'd be a good weight for me. Something to do with how big your feet and hands are (I wear a 10 shoe), but I know 140 would be way too skinny for me...my hubby likes a little curve, not just bone!

I think I might settle for 160 and a tummy tuck!:closedeyes:

I think I might settle for 160 and a tummy tuck!:closedeyes:

Either way, you have done an amazing job, and I'm so proud of you and me and Ebony and everyone else making this journey. I know I feel a heckuva lot better now, at 40 than I did at 30!

Well, where's everyone been? Hope you all aren't doing as bad as I am. I'm still stuck at 70 lbs. lost, haven't lost in almost two months. I upped my gym program, and am trying to eat better, but still having cravings from the not smoking.

If you are maintaining right after quitting smoking, you are doing great........better than great!!!!!!!!! Get past all the changes your body is going through from that and just try to keep on maintaining. When you quit smoking your metabolism slows down a lot for awhile. You will start losing again especially if you still exercise. Congratulations on quitting!

DD I'm gonna have to agree with you, I think 140 is going to be too small for you. You'd look scrawny. I'm hoping for 160. Doc says that'd be a good weight for me. Something to do with how big your feet and hands are (I wear a 10 shoe), but I know 140 would be way too skinny for me...my hubby likes a little curve, not just bone!

I'm 5'8" (sure I was once 5'9"!!) and now weigh 171 size 8 or 10 on the bottom, bigger on top. I would like to lose 8-10 more pounds. I think the remainder will be loose skin. I really never weighed under 170 anyway even in my late teens and early 20's.

I'm 5'8" (sure I was once 5'9"!!) and now weigh 171 size 8 or 10 on the bottom, bigger on top. I would like to lose 8-10 more pounds. I think the remainder will be loose skin. I really never weighed under 170 anyway even in my late teens and early 20's.

JMS Thanks for the clarity, I was wondering what size I'd be when I got down around 160 and was thinking it'd be around an 8, so you and I must be close, I think I used to be 5'9" too, LOL. How exciting for you to be only SINGLE DIGITS away from your goal! That rocks!

JMS Thanks for the clarity, I was wondering what size I'd be when I got down around 160 and was thinking it'd be around an 8, so you and I must be close, I think I used to be 5'9" too, LOL. How exciting for you to be only SINGLE DIGITS away from your goal! That rocks!

Yeah, so where do you think your inch went?? I'm thinking maybe the spinal disease but who knows maybe I was always 5'8!! I know I was really bummed since that makes the BMI higher and of course we all want to be "normal"!! I'll be normal with those last 8 pounds, but right now it seems like my body wants to hold on to every ounce!

Hi Notorious Novembers!

how tall are you Ebony and DD? I'm 5'8" and I'd love to hit that 100 lbs mark too DD!!

I'm 5' 10" tall - currently sitting at 190 lbs and wearing either a 16 or a 14, depending on the manufacturer. Funny enough, Women's sizes fit better than standard sizes - a 14W is perfect, some 16's are a bit loose, others are a bit tight. I tried on a pair of size 12 jeans a few weeks ago, and they were tight across my tummy (because of the post-weight loss pouch) and too short in the legs - go figure!

Then I'd be done! I've slacked off this last 6 weeks. I have a whole myriad of excuses but that's all they are, I've been lazy and uncommitted and it seems like this last 25 to 30 pounds is a lot of work.

I hear ya and understand - it seemed to me that the first 75 came off fairly easily, but this last 20 or so is being really stubborn.

I was lucky that the first 70 just kinda came off without me doing much of anything. I'm still doing the c25k program, week three, thought it would kill me but it didn't. I walk the other three days, and strength train four days a week. I've been consistent the last three weeks and I honestly think that it's helped my cigarette cravings.

Congrats on the c25k - I just finished it and ran a 5k a couple of weeks ago - finished second-to-last, but I finished it! I've noticed a difference in my body since I started running - my inner thighs are tighter. I actually investigated plastic surgery and my surgeon told me I had a "lot of good muscle" in my legs.

Water? ! Ebony you are so right, I've really made an effort to get my water in this week and have seen a huge difference in how I feel.

I read somewhere that thirst can be mistaken for hunger, that sometimes we EAT when we really should be DRINKING water or other fluids...

I've also been writing down everything I eat this week and can see where my slip ups are...I agree the writing it down really makes you accountable. In the end, it's all me, and my lack of patience and my tendency to be lazy, lol. I know I'm a lot healthier now, my last dr visit a couple of weeks ago my blood pressure was down to something like 102 over 66, instead of the 120 over 80 it used to be.

Yay! Great result on the blood pressure!

So, all in all, what started out as a 'me' thing has changed the lives of my entire family. We're all eating better, making better choices, getting exercise and not mindlessly putting crap in our mouths. Really, I can honestly say that even though I got the band to look and feel better about myself, it was the BEST decision I've made in terms of the health of my entire family.

That is truly wonderful - that's a big NSV if ever I saw one!

One of my best friends keeps saying to me that she doesn't want me to become a 'bobble head' with a big head on a tiny body. :hurt::cryin: I'm getting a lot of comments about me being "skinny enough" lately...

I think I might settle for 160 and a tummy tuck!:wink2:

DD - I'm following the same train of thought. I think I'd like to get down to 170, hold that for a while and see what I can do with exercise, then plan for a Tummy Tuck next year. With my DD starting college, there isn't a WHOLE lot of extra money to be had...

Course, I'm also having some work done on the 'girls'...they are not what they used to be! :eek:

Just checking in after a lengthy hiatus. Glad to see everyone is still losing and making it from day to day on this jounrney. I know mine has been tough, but successful. I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary (like most) and have finally broken the 200lb mark (197lbs) after being a high of 247lbs last year. Keep up the good works and keep the thread alive.

Steve

Banded 11/24/08 14 cc band

First Fill 01/30/09 6.0 cc

Second Fill 02/24/09 1.5 cc

Third Fill 5/13/09 .5 cc

Fourth Fill 8/16/09 .5 cc

Starting weight 247lbs

Present weight 197lbs!

Good job everyone... I have 15 more pounds to go to hit 100. I hope to hit by Jan. 1st... The last is really slow.

Ok, guys, seriously, I'm stuck in a rut. I have tracked every bite I've taken for the last four weeks, I've worked out a minimum of 4 times a week--running, boot camp, yoga, strength. I'm getting in 64 plus ozs of Water a day, taking my Vitamin, eating my Protein first....and I have not DROPPED ONE POUND!! What's up with this? Any ideas? I'm keeping my calories around 1200 to 1400, I've even tried varying it, doing 1000 one day, 1400 the next....nothing is working! HELP!?!?

I am in the same boat....log everything, eat right, work out, do everything they told us to do and have lost only 40lbs in a year. Banded 11/3/08. Very frustrated for sure! I did find out that I am insulin resistant so that makes the weight loss much slower. This is such a battle ....

Hi Notorious Novembers! I finally have restriction and have only 2.5 weeks til my bandiversary. My new WLS dr found that I only had 4.3 in my band for this whole year. My old dr. must not have been hitting the spot, because I was rechecked when I went back last week and the 5.5 is still in there from the last fill. I am now at 6.5 and have restriction to the point where I don't even want to eat. How am I going to get all my Protein in? I am doing really well with not eating at night and I don't want to get that started again ever!!! I love, love, love not being hungry, but need some ideas for getting in a lot of protein in small amounts. The new dr. stressed getting in the protein for the best weightloss. Come on you glorious bandsters that have done so well....help me out. I only have 28.5 pounds to goal and i would love to be in onederland by 11/21, my bandiversary. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Notorious Novembers! I finally have restriction and have only 2.5 weeks til my bandiversary. My new WLS dr found that I only had 4.3 in my band for this whole year. My old dr. must not have been hitting the spot, because I was rechecked when I went back last week and the 5.5 is still in there from the last fill. I am now at 6.5 and have restriction to the point where I don't even want to eat. How am I going to get all my Protein in? I am doing really well with not eating at night and I don't want to get that started again ever!!! I love, love, love not being hungry, but need some ideas for getting in a lot of protein in small amounts. The new dr. stressed getting in the protein for the best weightloss. Come on you glorious bandsters that have done so well....help me out. I only have 28.5 pounds to goal and i would love to be in onederland by 11/21, my bandiversary. Thanks in advance for your help.

Glammaw..slimfast makes a good tasting ready to drink low carb, high Protein Shake, or you can by the mix which is cheaper, that's the main staple on how I get mine in. You need around 60 grams a day, according to my dr. Good luck and CONGRATS!! You deserve it after sticking in there so long!