Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

SQUEAKY WHEEL GETS THE OIL!!!!!!!

CORRECTIVE SURGERY SCHEDULED FOR 9/30/09...THATS A MERE 9 DAYS AWAY!!!!!

WWWWHHHOOOOAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

140LBS HERE I COME, HOPE TO SEE YOU BY NEW YEARS!:biggrin::lol::frown::lol::wink2::lol::blink::lol::blink::lol::yikes::lol::tt1::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the encouragement.. I think what I need is a routine..That will definelty keep me from snacking. I think the worst part was giving up my Gym Membership I already feel lost without it. I quit smoking 4 years ago So I feel ur pain on that one.. But I was not banded and pregnant so it made it easier..But I know u can do it without gaining weight..There are some really good sugar free candies out there you can suck on instead of the full sugar ones. Then u wont be getting all the empty calories..

Will she ride in a stroller, or is she too independent? If she will, walk at your local high schools track. See if you have a mothers day out program around you (one day a week, usually for 4 hours, donation only) at least you can go do something for that one day. Or, if all else fails, do what I did, wait till your hubby gets home and can watch her for an hour and go for a long walk/jog. Also, look online for fun stuff to do in your area, that won't cost much, we have a small farmyard type zoo that my kids love, it's free and it's about a two mile trek. Good luck!

Hi Notorious Novembers!

Popping by to say hi and report my great news...I'm finally, solidly in

ONEDERLAND!!!

I am so happy I could just scream! My last fill definately helped, along with an increase in activity. I'm doing more jogging than walking, and sped up my walking. I'm thrilled to pieces and now looking for more!

partial quote

Hi everyone!!! It's been awhile. Just dropping by to update my progress.

I am a 'slow loser' and I'm okay with that! As of today I am down 43.5 pounds. I was in size 18s at surgery. If I couldn't fit it in a size 18, I didn't buy it (needless to say I only shopped at Lane Bryant and other plus size stores)! :) Now, I am in 16s--any 16s -- Walmart, Target, name-brand, all of them!

Isn't it great when no matter WHAT the store, you fit into a smaller size! Congrats!

I've been at my sweet spot (I think) since my last visit in August but I think I will need a fill at my next appointment in October--I'm beginning to get hungry more often!

Those are the exact signs I use...when I can eat more, am hungry all the time, and the scale doesn't move for more than 2 weeks, I know I need a fill...just before this one, I was stalled for 6 weeks!

I started the C25K running program on August 17 and I am surprised at how my body has started changing.

I LOVE the C25K program - that's what I am using, too!

I am losing inches and can tell in the last week my 16s are even getting too big. Now--let me explain. I am not nor have I ever been a runner. Even in High School when it was a requirement in PE to run the mile, timed, I always walked and had a time of nearly 20 minutes. Yesterday I RAN for 20minutes straight. 1.3 miles! Holy cow...I never would have thought I'd be here.

That's for sure...today, I ran 35 minutes, only walked about 4 blocks of a over-2-mile course I mapped out around my house...I never would have thought I could do it!

I know that if you choose this you have to work it. It's not a magic fix. Luckily I realized it because I am one of the ones that has to exercise and eat the right things or I WILL NOT LOSE. I am healthy, I am happy with myself, and I am confident in myself. These are all things I could not say before surgery. For this and for many other reasons, I am grateful.

I second that emotion!

Sorry for the length! That's what happens when you stay away too long.

So that means we'll see you more often, right? :bored:

Keep up the good work everyone! :smile2:

Crystal

SQUEAKY WHEEL GETS THE OIL!!!!!!!

CORRECTIVE SURGERY SCHEDULED FOR 9/30/09...THATS A MERE 9 DAYS AWAY!!!!!

WWWWHHHOOOOAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY! Go DD Go!

140LBS HERE I COME, HOPE TO SEE YOU BY NEW YEARS!:lol::lol::lol::lol::wub::lol::wub::lol::wub::lol::wub::lol::wub::lol::eek::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You are so focused, you WILL get there! :lol:

Will she ride in a stroller, or is she too independent? If she will, walk at your local high schools track.

Depending on her size, you might be able to find a "runners stroller" on Ebay at a good price that has a cover on it, and big wheels - then you can use it to walk, run, jog or whatever and she'll be comfy, covered and can even take a nap or play while you work out!

See if you have a mothers day out program around you (one day a week, usually for 4 hours, donation only) at least you can go do something for that one day. Or, if all else fails, do what I did, wait till your hubby gets home and can watch her for an hour and go for a long walk/jog.

Love these ideas...very good! The library in my area has special programs for young kids and their moms nearly every week - sometimes multiple days per week!

Also, look online for fun stuff to do in your area, that won't cost much, we have a small farmyard type zoo that my kids love, it's free and it's about a two mile trek. Good luck!

Another great idea...and think about it - once she's in school full time, you'll have more time to yourself, you'll be home for her when she needs you, and be able to keep up your weight loss. By then, of course, you'll be at goal :lol:

Ebony congratualtions girl!!!! What an amazing feeling! I just have one question...What is the C25K program?

Ebony congratualtions girl!!!! What an amazing feeling! I just have one question...What is the C25K program?

Hi DD! :bored:

It's the Couch-to-5k program - takes you from walking to jogging and eventually running a 5k race / distance. You can google it to find versions of it.

There is one available for the iPod / iPhone on iTunes, which I like because it allows me to use the music I've already downloaded / purchased.

I started using it and I LOVE it. Each session takes you a little further along the running path, so to speak. They build in walk periods and give you audio cues when to walk when to run, when to cool down, etc. As you get stronger, you can cover more distance in the same amount of time...for instance, this morning I did just over 2 miles with the program in about 35 minutes. Months ago when I started, I barely covered a mile in that same amount of time. I like that it progresses slowly, so you don't get injured.

I run 3 days a week, walk 3 days, and usually try to take a day off or walk slowly on the 7th day.

Let me know if you need any more info! There's also a "Want to Start Running" thread here on LBT that's very helpful: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f81/want-start-running-need-encouragement-95290/index5.html

Ebony~ that sounds right up my alley. I have been trying to do that on my own. I was just at the gym with my sister this morning telling her how last year i was walking for 45 min to an hour at 0 incline 3.0 huffing and puffing all the way. Now i am walking at 4.0 incline 6.0 for 20 minutes followed by 20 minutes of running at 5.0 no incline. but honestly id give up that incline for a straight 30 minutes on the treadmil and be done with it. 45 minutes just seems so daunting. i want to get in good cardio with out having to do an hour of it. running is the was to go. i'm looking it up next. thanks!

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas.. I have been thinking about adding running into my schedule..So I think the c25k would be great. We have some wonderful trails here that would be great to start out on..Will definetly look into it. I am not sure about my daughter staying in her stroller though she is pretty independent wont even stay in the shopping cart. So will probably have to wait until my teenage son gets home from school so he can watch her. Thanks again

Hi DD! :mad:

It's the Couch-to-5k program - takes you from walking to jogging and eventually running a 5k race / distance. You can google it to find versions of it.

There is one available for the iPod / iPhone on iTunes, which I like because it allows me to use the music I've already downloaded / purchased.

I started using it and I LOVE it. Each session takes you a little further along the running path, so to speak. They build in walk periods and give you audio cues when to walk when to run, when to cool down, etc. As you get stronger, you can cover more distance in the same amount of time...for instance, this morning I did just over 2 miles with the program in about 35 minutes. Months ago when I started, I barely covered a mile in that same amount of time. I like that it progresses slowly, so you don't get injured.

I run 3 days a week, walk 3 days, and usually try to take a day off or walk slowly on the 7th day.

Let me know if you need any more info! There's also a "Want to Start Running" thread here on LBT that's very helpful: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f81/want-start-running-need-encouragement-95290/index5.html

You know,, I love love love the idea of being a runner. Unfortunately I don't think I have it in me. My husband says I look like an epileptic in the throes of a grand mal when I run, and I'm inclined to believe him, I have never been able to run straight and I'm slightly pigeon toed so I just guess it wasn't meant to be. Grace definitely didn't make it's way to this branch of the family tree.

DD just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you prepping for surgery. Hope all goes as planned. Glad you are able to get back in the loop. (ha-HA)

DD just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you prepping for surgery. Hope all goes as planned. Glad you are able to get back in the loop. (ha-HA)

Hey girl! thank you so much for thinking of me. Yeah the day is approaching. 5 day count down I am not even really excited its just more of a "matter of fact" kind of thing ya know. i am 1/2 way dreading the liquid diet more than anything and 1/2 way excited about the potential weight loss that comes with the liquid diet. I just want it to be over and done with so that i can get these final 30-40 lbs off (i am comtemplating changing my goal weight but that is another story all together). i'll keep you posted and log on after surgery to let everyone know that all is well!

dd--i'd wish you luck tomorrow, but you wont' need it! You'll be kicking our butts in weight loss by the end of the week!

thank you!!!!!

Hey girl! thank you so much for thinking of me. Yeah the day is approaching. 5 day count down I am not even really excited its just more of a "matter of fact" kind of thing ya know. i am 1/2 way dreading the liquid diet more than anything and 1/2 way excited about the potential weight loss that comes with the liquid diet. I just want it to be over and done with so that i can get these final 30-40 lbs off (i am comtemplating changing my goal weight but that is another story all together). i'll keep you posted and log on after surgery to let everyone know that all is well!

Best wishes for a quick recovery!!!!!!!!

OK I finally downloaded the C25K to my mp3 player and tried it for the first time today. I thought I was in ok Shape but I could not even complete the first step. I was able to get about 1/2 way through then I had to walk the rest. You are supposed to go up a step every week I think it will take me a little bit longer than that..I bet I feel it tomorrow.