Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Way to go, Beth! Woot! Woot!

Hehehe, thanks!

Then... I got on the scale this morning and up two! WTF?? It may have been dinner last night. Hubby made steak and he marinates it in a concoction that includes soy, so I figure it was that. I react pretty quickly and easily to salt. :biggrin:

Hi Notorious Novembers! Today, I finally got to 50# loss. I have had the flu and that is not the way to do it, but a loss is a loss:-) Anyone else notice that you are holding on to stomach fat? It keeps me from going down another size and I don't know what to do to help. I am only 5# from onederland, but the stomach weight hangs on. Any suggestions to get the stomach weightloss going? I have been on a 3 month plateau until the flu!

Beth from VA, way to go!

ddgl....good luck with your repair.

I hear ya on the stomach weight... and thanks! :smile2:

I am curious about the stomach fat also, although mine has gone down a lot it still seems larger than it should be. Possibly crunches? Any suggestions???

Hey Notorious Novembers!

Don't know if there is a genuine physiological reason for this, but since I've been walking more (and more intensely) and especially since I started wogging / jogging / running, I'm noticing a decrease in the abdominal fat.

I'm still not the proud owner of a flat tummy, but I am hopeful that it will continue to reduce. I don't think I'll be able to escape plastic surgery - in fact, I don't reallly want to - but the pudge around and in front of my hip bones is slowly going away.

Now if I could just do something about the fat that remains stubbornly stuck to my midsection from the bottom of my bra band to my waist!

*gross out alert*

I can grab handfuls of this loose skin and fat and it's keeping me from haviing the smaller waist I never thought I could have. When I'm done, before my plastic surgery, I'm going to INSIST on that being an area my surgeon concentrates on!

*gross out over*

Heading to bed...Night-Night all! :smile2:

DD--so sorry to hear about the slip. But after you have the surgery you'll probably dump a ton of weight fast!

I went on vacation this week to the mountains and ate terribly. Seemed to have no restriction up there which is strange cause I've heard higher altitude makes you tighter, but no. My hubby gained 10 pounds, and when I got home last night I was scared to get on the scale, but I did anyway, expecting a huge gain, but only gained 2 pounds! YAY!

I am curious about the stomach fat also, although mine has gone down a lot it still seems larger than it should be. Possibly crunches? Any suggestions???

LoL on the stomach roll! I have the same problem! Everything else looks much slimmer, and although I've lost 10 inches on my waist, I still have a muffin top! Wish I knew the magic cure!

And woe is me!!!!!! My stomach is huge after the hyster. I am so swollen I swear it is the size it was 70 pounds ago. Oh, and I came home from the hospital 10 pounds heavier!! But I have been peeing every 20 mins since so that's Fluid. I already lost 3 of it. My lapband Dr told me to expect a gain from all the fluids they would pump in me but he said nothing about 10 pounds!! I am so bloated and feel so fat and miserable and in pain. Plus nobody fed me yesterday so I ordered a pizza which now is gone (total unfill too). If my friend gains any weight before her repair, I will be losing right along with her!!!!!

Well, after my pity party, at least I hopefully no longer have cancer!! All looks good and the pathology reports come back in a few days but the Dr does not expect to find anything else!! So......I can deal with the rest I guess!

Oh, and I forgot what I really wanted to post!! I think a lot of our stomach problems (or was mine before all this!!) is the extra skin. That causes the muffin top and feels like fat. If we all could get tummy tucks I think we would find we don't really have that much fat left.

Hey Notorious Novembers!

Don't know if there is a genuine physiological reason for this, but since I've been walking more (and more intensely) and especially since I started wogging / jogging / running, I'm noticing a decrease in the abdominal fat.

I'm still not the proud owner of a flat tummy, but I am hopeful that it will continue to reduce. I don't think I'll be able to escape plastic surgery - in fact, I don't reallly want to - but the pudge around and in front of my hip bones is slowly going away.

Now if I could just do something about the fat that remains stubbornly stuck to my midsection from the bottom of my bra band to my waist!

*gross out alert*

I can grab handfuls of this loose skin and fat and it's keeping me from haviing the smaller waist I never thought I could have. When I'm done, before my plastic surgery, I'm going to INSIST on that being an area my surgeon concentrates on!

*gross out over*

Heading to bed...Night-Night all! :thumbup:

A surgeon who came to one of our support meetings said he often has to do two surgeries when he does tummy tucks for just what you describe. Do you have sort of a line from under the breast to the waist? He said that has to be dealt with differently as you can see it can't be pulled up with the Tummy Tuck. I have that as well. After all I've been through at this point, I think I'll live with my skin though!!

And woe is me!!!!!! My stomach is huge after the hyster. I am so swollen I swear it is the size it was 70 pounds ago. Oh, and I came home from the hospital 10 pounds heavier!! But I have been peeing every 20 mins since so that's Fluid. I already lost 3 of it. My lapband Dr told me to expect a gain from all the fluids they would pump in me but he said nothing about 10 pounds!! I am so bloated and feel so fat and miserable and in pain. Plus nobody fed me yesterday so I ordered a pizza which now is gone (total unfill too). If my friend gains any weight before her repair, I will be losing right along with her!!!!!

Well, after my pity party, at least I hopefully no longer have cancer!! All looks good and the pathology reports come back in a few days but the Dr does not expect to find anything else!! So......I can deal with the rest I guess!

JMS not only is it Fluid, it's also the air they blow into you to do the surgery--you'll be back to normal in a few days!

I'll be happy if I can just ,maintain my weight until my repair:rolleyes2:. But I am hoping that the repair will be the spring board to getting these last 40ish pounds off for good!

And I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you are now and will remain cancer free!

I'll be happy if I can just ,maintain my weight until my repair:rolleyes2:. But I am hoping that the repair will be the spring board to getting these last 40ish pounds off for good!

And I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you are now and will remain cancer free!

Any word on when the repair will be? You'll do fine--and probably come out of surgery raring to go!

Any word on when the repair will be? You'll do fine--and probably come out of surgery raring to go!

No word yet. I called the INS co yesterday they hadnt even received the request from my doctors office yet. So of course i called my doctors office and they said that my case is in their que to be submitted. They said that it should be in the hands of the ins co by thursday and from there it will just be dependant on how long it takes them to approve it. I will be calling them daily, because as you know the squeeky will gets the oil. So I plan on squeeking until they get tired of hearing from me. I'll keep you guys posted. I'm just in a hurry. I'm in a wedding Ocotber 10th and my husband is taking me to Cabo for my 40th b-day in November so I am really trying to squeeze it in between all the upcoming events, plus the holidays are coming....i just want o hurry up and get it over with. PLUS i really am not looking forward to taking a hiatus from the gym.

No word yet. I called the INS co yesterday they hadnt even received the request from my doctors office yet. So of course i called my doctors office and they said that my case is in their que to be submitted. They said that it should be in the hands of the ins co by thursday and from there it will just be dependant on how long it takes them to approve it. I will be calling them daily, because as you know the squeeky will gets the oil. So I plan on squeeking until they get tired of hearing from me. I'll keep you guys posted. I'm just in a hurry. I'm in a wedding Ocotber 10th and my husband is taking me to Cabo for my 40th b-day in November so I am really trying to squeeze it in between all the upcoming events, plus the holidays are coming....i just want o hurry up and get it over with. PLUS i really am not looking forward to taking a hiatus from the gym.

i know, the waiting is the worst part and we all know how SLOW the insurance companies move. I hope they get you in quick and done so you can heal up for your busy fall! My thoughts are with you.....squeak away!

HI ddgalarza

You keep up the positive attitude and all will go well. You've taught me that with your proactive, positive focus. Pretty soon we will be calling you skinny mini. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.