Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Good luck DD...I hope all goes well.

Hey Notorious Novembers!

OK I finally downloaded the C25K to my mp3 player and tried it for the first time today. I thought I was in ok Shape but I could not even complete the first step. I was able to get about 1/2 way through then I had to walk the rest. You are supposed to go up a step every week I think it will take me a little bit longer than that..I bet I feel it tomorrow.

Don't feel bad about that...I think I posted before that sometimes I do a week's routines for 2 weeks before moving on. It's important not to overdo it, because an injury can sideline you for a while...good for you for doing it!

Good luck DD...I hope all goes well.

I agree with Delivered - good luck and many blessings to you and your surgical team, DD - may there be a swift and challenge-free surgery, and your weight loss continue without a hitch! :(

I'm BACK!!!! Hello all, surgery was on Wednesday morning at 7:30am and I was back home on Thursday by 11am. Everything seems to be going well. Still on liquids at this point, no appetite. My surgeon left me with 3cc's. So that amount coupled the swelling that comes from surgery is leaving me with little to no physical hunger. The most frustrating thing is the complete inability to do anything... ARGGH!!!!!! I'm already going stir crazy but I no that rest is essential to healing, so here I sit. As soon as I get clearance C25K here I come! Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers, they were heard and much appreciated!

....and WTH?!?!? i totally forgot about the weight gain after surgery (fluid i guess, plus air) i almost had a fricken heart attack when i got on the scale this morning!!!!!

....and WTH?!?!? i totally forgot about the weight gain after surgery (fluid i guess, plus air) i almost had a fricken heart attack when i got on the scale this morning!!!!!

So happy to hear you came through well. Don't worry about the weight gain! I came home after the hyster and stepped on the scale to an 11 pound gain!! That was after doing a pre-surgery colon cleanse with liquids only most ofthat day plus losing half my insides LOL and liquids only the day of surgery. They really pump you full of fluids in there. Mine went down in about 10 days at a pound a day or more!

Yay DD! You'll be kicking ass and taking names in no time!

Hi Notorious Novembers!

DD - glad you are doing well - like the others said, don't worry about the weight gain, it will come off and even MORE before your wonderful vacation...

You have such a great attitude, and I KNOW you'll be hitting the exercise hard once you're cleared - just remember to follow Doc's orders so you don't have any interruption to your healing.

Keep us informed - and have a wonderful Saturday!:thumbup:

I started the C25k program last Monday, did three days with no problems (other than some hip pain and shin splints!) Didn't run into anyone or anything or fall down and break a bone--surprise surprise. I think I'll do week one again, because I don't think I'm ready for week two. The downside is, although I quit smoking two weeks ago, and haven't gained any weight, I haven't lost any, because I've constantly got something in my mouth. Trying to be good and eat carrots, etc, but REALLLLLLLY craving chocolate. Ugh. Oh well, I know I'll be healthier in the long run even if it does set me back a month or two.

DD I'm so glad you're all fixed up and it won't be long before you're back at it. My Dr. asked me the other day what was the hardest thing about having the band....I said 'patience'. I will you some extra cause I know you're frustrated.

On the plus side, at my Dr. appt, he said 70 lbs in 10 months is way above the curve, that most DRs. expect their patients to only lose about 50 lbs the first year...so we are ALL kicking booty.

Remember, we're in the final stretch so we just need to give it a little push to get the rest of the way there!

Hi Notorious Novembers!

I started the C25k program last Monday, did three days with no problems (other than some hip pain and shin splints!) Didn't run into anyone or anything or fall down and break a bone--surprise surprise. I think I'll do week one again, because I don't think I'm ready for week two.

Yay Elyse! Keep up the good work! I did repeat some weeks on the C25K program also - you should definately listen to your body and it's better to do multiple weeks at one level than try to push it and be laid up with an injury...

The downside is, although I quit smoking two weeks ago, and haven't gained any weight, I haven't lost any, because I've constantly got something in my mouth. Trying to be good and eat carrots, etc, but REALLLLLLLY craving chocolate. Ugh. Oh well, I know I'll be healthier in the long run even if it does set me back a month or two.

Congrats on quitting smoking! I have never smoked, but I understand it's harder than heck to quit, so I applaud you! :(

DD I'm so glad you're all fixed up and it won't be long before you're back at it. My Dr. asked me the other day what was the hardest thing about having the band....I said 'patience'. I will you some extra cause I know you're frustrated.

On the plus side, at my Dr. appt, he said 70 lbs in 10 months is way above the curve, that most DRs. expect their patients to only lose about 50 lbs the first year...so we are ALL kicking booty.

Next time you see your Doc - please tell him thank you for me! I'm at about 70 lost in 11 months (November is my bandiversary) and I was feeling like a bit of a slacker...that made me feel much better! Still have 21 to go, but I'm feeling MUCH better now...

Remember, we're in the final stretch so we just need to give it a little push to get the rest of the way there!

I agree! I've got a 5k run scheduled in about 2 weeks, and I'm determined to RUN the whole thing - and the C25k program is what will make it possible!

Have a wonderful week, everyone! :smile:

Ebony....no way could you be a slacker. He seriously said, I'd like offer you some advice, but since you've exceeded our expectations you should probably be giving the advice. That goes for ALL of us!

Hello Notorious Novembers

Well it is almost a yr and I have lost only 30 lbs :frown: i just went in last week to correct my lapband , it had somehow twisted and my port was facing my back instead of forward, I had been throwing up everything I ate, I had 10 cc and now I am at 5cc so which means I can eat pretty much anything.

If the lapband dosent continue to work we are going to go through the bypass route, we will see what happens .

I want to say congrats to all of ya ladies that have lost weight! :eek:

Well it is almost a yr and I have lost only 30 lbs :eek: i just went in last week to correct my LAP-BAND® , it had somehow twisted and my port was facing my back instead of forward, I had been throwing up everything I ate, I had 10 cc and now I am at 5cc so which means I can eat pretty much anything.

If the LAP-BAND® dosent continue to work we are going to go through the bypass route, we will see what happens .

I want to say congrats to all of ya ladies that have lost weight! :blink:

Hi Marisol,

I hope the port revision works for you - maybe after you heal from the surgery you can get another fill and get to a comfortable level of restriction.

Now comes the hard part - being patient with yourself while you are healing from the operation. Just do the best you can with the bandster rules regarding food and incorporate some exercise into your daily routine (if you aren't doing that already). Sometimes exercise can help curb your appetite.

I wish you all the best in your healing process - and check in to let us Notorious Novembers know how you're doing! :frown:

Well it is almost a yr and I have lost only 30 lbs :frown: i just went in last week to correct my LAP-BAND® , it had somehow twisted and my port was facing my back instead of forward, I had been throwing up everything I ate, I had 10 cc and now I am at 5cc so which means I can eat pretty much anything.

If the LAP-BAND® dosent continue to work we are going to go through the bypass route, we will see what happens .

I want to say congrats to all of ya ladies that have lost weight! :eek:

Marisol,

So sorry to hear you're having trouble. It always makes me sad when my fellow band-ites have issues. Take your rest and recovery and replan your attack. Maybe now that it's all straightened out you can get on track and get the weight off. Good luck!

Hi Notorious Novembers!

DD - glad you are doing well - like the others said, don't worry about the weight gain, it will come off and even MORE before your wonderful vacation...

You have such a great attitude, and I KNOW you'll be hitting the exercise hard once you're cleared - just remember to follow Doc's orders so you don't have any interruption to your healing.

Keep us informed - and have a wonderful Saturday!:frown:

Ebony....I went ahead and upped to week 2 on c25k, and I made it through without passing out....barely. What week are you on and PLEASE tell me it's gonna get easier. At this point I cannot imagine ever being able to run 25 minutes straight---lol. It's not so much my hip hurting or the shin splint in my right leg...more the hard time breathing which I suspect has something to do with 20 years of smoking.

Hello.

Glad to hear everyone is losing and doing well. I have not posted anything for a long time. DD sorry to hear about your slipage and I am glad your doing well. Great weight loss. I have not been losing, I have been going in, getting the fluro's and band is exactly filled to where it should be. I just don't get it. Another weight loss failure. It will be one year next month and I am still wearing the same clothes. Nothing has changed for me. I stopped doing my 2 mile walks everyday since the scale was not moving, I stopped doing Weight Watchers since I was not losing very much with it. I just don't get how everyone else can eat such small amounts with the band and not be hungry and lose the weight. I guess this was just not for me. If I could make the right choices and eat less I would not have wanted the band. The band is suppose to help with that and it hasn't. Going in again today for a fill and have an appointment with one of the head strong nurses there. Maybe she can kick my butt back into the right frame of mind. Wish me luck.