Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK. Tentative surgery date is September 30th. I talked to my doctors office yesterday and they have me on the schedule for that dat. i alos spoke to the ins company and they have my filr in hand and said that it should be approved byt he end of next week at the latest. so hopefully all is falling into place!

As of this morning, 70 lbs lost since surgery! My weight loss has sure slowed down, but at least its still coming off.

Hey, I think 70 pounds is a great loss!!! We have both done the same. I am hoping to be well enough to get refilled next week before I gain any back! It's tough laying around at home and being totally unfilled. I want to lose about 15 more.

Pathology report came back Fri and all was clear, disease was not invasive so I was elated about that and now ready to resume getting healthy and finishing this journey!!

Congrats on reaching 70 pounds. Doesn't it sound like so much more than 69?? LOL

Hey, I think 70 pounds is a great loss!!! We have both done the same. I am hoping to be well enough to get refilled next week before I gain any back! It's tough laying around at home and being totally unfilled. I want to lose about 15 more.

Pathology report came back Fri and all was clear, disease was not invasive so I was elated about that and now ready to resume getting healthy and finishing this journey!!

Congrats on reaching 70 pounds. Doesn't it sound like so much more than 69?? LOL

You'll do fine! I'm hoping for your refill next week too! Thank goodness the path report was good, that's fantastic. I have another 30 to go, and isn't it funny how it doesn't seem like it's been 10 months since my surgery, this year has flown by. I'm so happy for you, things are definitely looking up and you'll have those 15 off--probably by Halloween since you're going to be refilled and nice and tight.

SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK. Tentative surgery date is September 30th. I talked to my doctors office yesterday and they have me on the schedule for that dat. i alos spoke to the ins company and they have my filr in hand and said that it should be approved byt he end of next week at the latest. so hopefully all is falling into place!

Good deal! That's only two weeks.....keep squeaking girl!:)

Hello People!

I just want to get some encouragement. I am nearing my year of surgery, and I have not seen any major weight loss in I don't know when. I can't say that my eating is aways good, but its not always bad. I work out an average of 3 days per week. There hasn't been more than two weeks that I have fallen off the exercise wagon. I know this is a process, but I just want to hear from people regarding what activities you are participating in and what are you eating to get this weight off. I really need some help. I want to be successful. I feel like I am hungry, and I might have to eat smaller meals throughout the day. Can you also give me some ideas on what you eat for Snacks.< /p>

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I understand your feelings and am wondering what to do myself:bored: I eat right most of the time and I exercise more than I ever have in my life, but the scale has stopped moving. I have been reading the "slow losers" thread and there are a lot of people in our situation. I have lost 50+ pounds in my ten months, but I had hoped to lose 100. I don't think I need to be tighter. I am not sure what the problem is, but I could use some help too. One person noted that she increased her Protein with EVERYTHING she ate and that helped. No matter what she ate, she had some sort of protein on it and that helped her. It is worth a try. Don't get discouraged. This is a journey, not a race. We will get there...just not as quickly as we want. I don't want to do the "diet" thing, like weight watchers, etc. I had the surgery to get away from that thinking, counting, watching all of the time. I want it to be natural. I don't want to think about food ALL DAY LONG. I know I haven't helped, unless it helps to know you are not alone. We will get there....we will! Slow and steady wins the race, but you can't give up. Hang in there and I will keep you in my prayers as we continue on this path. (hugs)

Hello People!

I just want to get some encouragement. I am nearing my year of surgery, and I have not seen any major weight loss in I don't know when. I can't say that my eating is aways good, but its not always bad. I work out an average of 3 days per week. There hasn't been more than two weeks that I have fallen off the exercise wagon. I know this is a process, but I just want to hear from people regarding what activities you are participating in and what are you eating to get this weight off. I really need some help. I want to be successful. I feel like I am hungry, and I might have to eat smaller meals throughout the day. Can you also give me some ideas on what you eat for Snacks.< /p>

Well for me, I exercise 4 times a week, 30 minutes cardio, 30 minutes strength. however, I may exercise like mad for a month, and then not go for three weeks. As far as eating goes, I have a Protein Shake for Breakfast, and sometimes for lunch as well, otherwise I have a salad with tuna or chicken on it. If I need an afternoon snack, it's a Protein Bar or a piece of fruit. For dinner, usually chicken or steak, with some veggies. Tonight I had four bites of steak and half of a small baked potato. I'm rarely hungry unless I'm stressed and then it's just head hunger. I can, and have, gone just liquid for a few days when I want to jumpstart weight loss, just by drinking four Protein Shakes a day. I try to keep my calories under 1000, as that's what works best for me. It's been 10 months since surgery, and I've lost 70 pounds and 40 inches since then. I hope this helps you find your own path, but remember, everyone is different. I'm 5'8" and weigh 190 right now, but I have a 130 lbs of muscle on my frame. My best friend is 5'8" and weighs 130 lbs, but only has 60 lbs of muscle on her. Good luck!

Hello People!

If you are hungry, truly hungry, you need a fill. You should not be hungry other than the appropriate times........bk, lunch, dinner, snack. And, you should get full quickly and stay full until your next meal. If this is not happening, go back and talk to the Dr about another fill.

I eat mostly Protein focused meals when filled (I have been unfilled for surgery). I start the day with a skinny vanilla latte with protein added from starbucks and the later in the am I have a ready to drink muscle milk lite Protein Drink. I eat meat, fish, and chicken but also often eat bean based meals. I eat nuts and often Peanut Butter. I admit I don't eat enough veggies but have been trying to do better lately and love cooked fresh spinach w/butter. It's important to get enough fat in your diet in the form of good fats. I avoid all processed foods and do not eat rice or Pasta. I eat yogurt and oatmeal occasionally and low fat frozen yogurt and Mcd's ice cream cones (yeah I know!!!!!!!) At night I eat high protein yummy snacks that I purchase online. And, I do occasionally have a cookie or dessert or other favorite food that is not great for the weight loss, but wonderful for the soul!!

You will get there. I would say focus on the fill first because if you are hungry the band is not doing it's part for you!

If you are hungry, truly hungry, you need a fill. You should not be hungry other than the appropriate times........bk, lunch, dinner, snack. And, you should get full quickly and stay full until your next meal. If this is not happening, go back and talk to the Dr about another fill.

I eat mostly Protein focused meals when filled (I have been unfilled for surgery). I start the day with a skinny vanilla latte with protein added from starbucks and the later in the am I have a ready to drink muscle milk lite protein drink. I eat meat, fish, and chicken but also often eat bean based meals. I eat nuts and often Peanut Butter. I admit I don't eat enough veggies but have been trying to do better lately and love cooked fresh spinach w/butter. It's important to get enough fat in your diet in the form of good fats. I avoid all processed foods and do not eat rice or Pasta. I eat yogurt and oatmeal occasionally and low fat frozen yogurt and Mcd's ice cream cones (yeah I know!!!!!!!) At night I eat high protein yummy Snacks that I purchase online. And, I do occasionally have a cookie or dessert or other favorite food that is not great for the weight loss, but wonderful for the soul!!

You will get there. I would say focus on the fill first because if you are hungry the band is not doing it's part for you!

I forgot to add that I have hardly exercised at all as I have severe spinal disease and need spinal surgery and a spinal fusion. I also have severe arthritis in my knees (the pain and swelling has subsided with the weight loss yeah) I do PT in my bed at home but very little cardio so my weight loss has been by diet alone. I had started being able to ride my exercise bike some and then had to have surgery so hope to get back to it in a few weeks and tone up!

Well for me, I exercise 4 times a week, 30 minutes cardio, 30 minutes strength. however, I may exercise like mad for a month, and then not go for three weeks. As far as eating goes, I have a Protein Shake for breakfast, and sometimes for lunch as well, otherwise I have a salad with tuna or chicken on it. If I need an afternoon snack, it's a Protein bar or a piece of fruit. For dinner, usually chicken or steak, with some veggies. Tonight I had four bites of steak and half of a small baked potato. I'm rarely hungry unless I'm stressed and then it's just head hunger. I can, and have, gone just liquid for a few days when I want to jumpstart weight loss, just by drinking four Protein Shakes a day. I try to keep my calories under 1000, as that's what works best for me. It's been 10 months since surgery, and I've lost 70 pounds and 40 inches since then. I hope this helps you find your own path, but remember, everyone is different. I'm 5'8" and weigh 190 right now, but I have a 130 lbs of muscle on my frame. My best friend is 5'8" and weighs 130 lbs, but only has 60 lbs of muscle on her. Good luck!

Elyse, Do you know what the total cc's in your band is now? I had been at 4.5 through most all of my wt loss and then got a fill 3 wks before surgery and he put me up to 6 which was definitely too much. I was sick more in those weeks than in the entire previous 9 mos. I am going in tomorrow to hopefully get filled again and hope to get it right.

I understand your feelings and am wondering what to do myself:bored: I eat right most of the time and I exercise more than I ever have in my life, but the scale has stopped moving. I have been reading the "slow losers" thread and there are a lot of people in our situation. I have lost 50+ pounds in my ten months, but I had hoped to lose 100. I don't think I need to be tighter. I am not sure what the problem is, but I could use some help too. One person noted that she increased her Protein with EVERYTHING she ate and that helped. No matter what she ate, she had some sort of protein on it and that helped her. It is worth a try. Don't get discouraged. This is a journey, not a race. We will get there...just not as quickly as we want. I don't want to do the "diet" thing, like weight watchers, etc. I had the surgery to get away from that thinking, counting, watching all of the time. I want it to be natural. I don't want to think about food ALL DAY LONG. I know I haven't helped, unless it helps to know you are not alone. We will get there....we will! Slow and steady wins the race, but you can't give up. Hang in there and I will keep you in my prayers as we continue on this path. (hugs)

Thanks so much. You are right & I have never thought about adding protein to my food or even drinking more protein durung the day. I think I'm hungry because I may not be giving myself enough protein. I dont know, but whatever it is I know that I need to do more.

Thanks so much for your words. (big hug back)

Well for me, I exercise 4 times a week, 30 minutes cardio, 30 minutes strength. however, I may exercise like mad for a month, and then not go for three weeks. As far as eating goes, I have a Protein Shake for breakfast, and sometimes for lunch as well, otherwise I have a salad with tuna or chicken on it. If I need an afternoon snack, it's a Protein bar or a piece of fruit. For dinner, usually chicken or steak, with some veggies. Tonight I had four bites of steak and half of a small baked potato. I'm rarely hungry unless I'm stressed and then it's just head hunger. I can, and have, gone just liquid for a few days when I want to jumpstart weight loss, just by drinking four Protein Shakes a day. I try to keep my calories under 1000, as that's what works best for me. It's been 10 months since surgery, and I've lost 70 pounds and 40 inches since then. I hope this helps you find your own path, but remember, everyone is different. I'm 5'8" and weigh 190 right now, but I have a 130 lbs of muscle on my frame. My best friend is 5'8" and weighs 130 lbs, but only has 60 lbs of muscle on her. Good luck!

Wow! That's awesome! Thank you so much fr sharing your story. I see that I really need to increase my protein by drinking more shakes. Honestlym tha really shouldn't be a big deal for me, b/c I truly enjoy my shakes in the morning. I will do more to increase my intake.

Thank you

I eat mostly Protein focused meals when filled (I have been unfilled for surgery). I start the day with a skinny vanilla latte with protein added from starbucks and the later in the am I have a ready to drink muscle milk lite protein drink. I eat meat, fish, and chicken but also often eat bean based meals. I eat nuts and often Peanut Butter. I admit I don't eat enough veggies but have been trying to do better lately and love cooked fresh spinach w/butter. It's important to get enough fat in your diet in the form of good fats. I avoid all processed foods and do not eat rice or Pasta. I eat yogurt and oatmeal occasionally and low fat frozen yogurt and Mcd's ice cream cones (yeah I know!!!!!!!) At night I eat high protein yummy Snacks that I purchase online. And, I do occasionally have a cookie or dessert or other favorite food that is not great for the weight loss, but wonderful for the soul!!

I am starting to read the same thing. The one thing I am not doing. Increase my protein. Wow, well that is what I need to do, so that is just what I will do. I can't let this thing beat me. I had this surgery to live a better life. I need to continue to learn better measures to beat this thing. i can do this. I am so greatful to everyone that took the time to respond to this message. Thank you so much.

Prayerfully, I will have some great news in the weeks to come.

Elyse, Do you know what the total cc's in your band is now? I had been at 4.5 through most all of my wt loss and then got a fill 3 wks before surgery and he put me up to 6 which was definitely too much. I was sick more in those weeks than in the entire previous 9 mos. I am going in tomorrow to hopefully get filled again and hope to get it right.

yeah, JMS, I'm at 10 cc in a 10cc band. I never felt tightness at all til I got to about 8 ccs. Luckily my doctor is pretty agressive about getting you to your sweet spot asap.