Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

UGH! It's a good thing that my husband loves me and knows how to deal with my moods. I've been in sugar withdrawal for two days and I'm as mean as a snake! He treats me with TLC and ends up making me laugh about stuff. Any other man that I've known would have hidden on the other side of the house until the storm passed. Either that, or they would have engaged in fighting with me and that wouldn't have been good for anybody. I don't know how Marc does it. He's a saint.

He's at church right now (probably praying for strength). I have a huge headache, so I stayed home. The good news is that I know it will pass soon. Today is probably going to be the worst day.

You ladies give me strength. Knowing that you're out there dealing with the same thing really helps me. I don't feel so miserable and alone.

:biggrin::bananapowerslide::unsure:

TAWANDA!!!!!

Back to check in...Hi Everybody!:wink:

UGH! It's a good thing that my husband loves me and knows how to deal with my moods. I've been in sugar withdrawal for two days and I'm as mean as a snake! He treats me with TLC and ends up making me laugh about stuff.

Your hubby sounds a LOT like mine...he won't let me stay in a blue funk (or any other color funk LOL) for very long. Even if he has to physically tickle me to get me out of it, he will...at no minor risk to life and limb, I might add...:smile2:

Any other man that I've known would have hidden on the other side of the house until the storm passed. Either that, or they would have engaged in fighting with me and that wouldn't have been good for anybody. I don't know how Marc does it. He's a saint.

Aren't we blessed to have such good guys! Of course, my DH would say that he's hanging around for "the benefits"...I tease him that he's just here because he couldn't stand for another man to reap the benefits of my weight loss and surgery when he's had to deal with the monster I became at times during the process...:eek:

He's at church right now (probably praying for strength). I have a huge headache, so I stayed home. The good news is that I know it will pass soon. Today is probably going to be the worst day.

Hang in there, GinnyTwo! I know sugar (or any other kind of food withdrawal) can be tough, but you'll be so much stronger and healthier once you make it through...I am proud of you - you made a quality decision to change your eating habits and you're DOING it!:thumbup:

You ladies give me strength. Knowing that you're out there dealing with the same thing really helps me. I don't feel so miserable and alone.

:biggrin::bananapowerslide::unsure:

TAWANDA!!!!!

I just LOVE the dancing bananas! :lol::lol::lol:

So nearly nine months since surgery, hit 65 lbs lost today, almost two thirds of the way there, but I suspect this last 37 lbs is gonna be a nightmare to get rid of. Good news is, I'm no longer considered obese....just overweight!

That is awesome. I don't know why it has been such a struggle for me. I eat right most of the time, and I work out. I just can't get to 40 pounds down. Each time I get there, the weight goes right back the next few days. I have also gained like 4 pounds thanks to being bloated :lol: I am trying to stay postive, but its hard sometimes. I needs some tip. I am nine months in, I should be at least 50 pounds down.

Well that was my hope and prayer.

:D

Hi everybody!!!

I was banded in November of 2008, as well. It's about time I check in w/ you!!!

I recently had my third fill and am finally feeling restriction. It actually may be too much and I'm having it checked out w/ an upper GI today. Of course part of me does not want to part w/ any saline! But the other part of me knows that I need to be healthy.

Up until this recent fill (now 5 cc's in a 10 cc band), I was able to eat most things - and even drink while I eat. Not anymore. Now, I can just eat maybe one sausage (or a 1/2 of one you'd put on a grill), and it feels like it's stuck in my chest for HOURS. It's giving me mid-back pain, too...for HOURS. Does that sound like it's too tight to you all experienced folks?

Well, we'll see what happens later today - and I'll check back in. I'd appreciate any feedback you all have...thanks!!! :D

I had my fith fill last week, from 4.5 to 6 cc. What a difference! Finally, real restriction. I've been putt-putting along, but I think I will be losing a bit faster from now on.

I could eat anything last week, but this week I wouldn't even dare to try bread or Pasta.

After nine months on the slow track, I'm ready.

Good luck everyone!

So, I went in today for a diagnostic upper GI. Everything looked okay, so we talked about just eating "easier" items in the morning, and just making sure to chew really, really well (which, that part, I thought I'd been doing), and eating maybe even less. I guess I have to wrap my mind around the fact that I will be full in just a few bites. Is that the norm?

Hopefully if I eat yogurt/maybe oatmeal/protein shakes in the a.m. when the band feels tighter, then all will shake out better for me in the next bunch of weeks/months. Does that make sense to you guys? I'd really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks so much - have a wonderful night!! :biggrin:

I have only had Protein Shakes in the morning since having the surgery. Now on the weekends, I eat later in the day. I have a boiled egg and possibly some apple sauce. Well that was before I got to 6ccs. I don't know how it will be to eat something in the morning. I do know that chicken has started to become difficult to eat. White meat has been out a long time. I can eat a thigh depending on how well its cooked. My focus is on eating as much fruit as I can, cause I know that not being able to eat, or being hungry will be an issues for me. I have to have a certain amount of fruits and veggies or my system will give me problems (we won't go there. You get the drift).

I drink V8 and prune juice. I have become really big on the apple sauce and the fruit cups. I tried to eat an apple (and not even the skin) while driving last Friday, and nearly threw up all over myself. It was a mess. Oh, and I was on my way to CVS. I had the huge wet stop on my shirt, and the side of my skirt. LOL! So I learned a lesson about eating foods that I haven't tried while driving. (heehee)

So, I went in today for a diagnostic upper GI. Everything looked okay, so we talked about just eating "easier" items in the morning, and just making sure to chew really, really well (which, that part, I thought I'd been doing), and eating maybe even less. I guess I have to wrap my mind around the fact that I will be full in just a few bites. Is that the norm?

Hopefully if I eat yogurt/maybe oatmeal/protein shakes in the a.m. when the band feels tighter, then all will shake out better for me in the next bunch of weeks/months. Does that make sense to you guys? I'd really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks so much - have a wonderful night!! :biggrin:

I drink a Protein Shake every morning for Breakfast, there's no other option for me. Even that takes me a half hour to get down. For lunch one grilled chicken tender with some salad, maybe 1/2 cup. By dinner I'm usually loose enough, tonight I had two tacos. If you are feeling mid back pain for hours after you eat, somethings probly wrong, maybe forcing too much down? It sure doesn't take much to fill up once you've hit your sweet spot. Good Luck!

Good morning Notorious Novembers!

Lovely NSV this morning - recently bought a tank and sweater in a size LARGE - a size I haven't worn since my teen years - and they fit! They fit beautifully, and I'm wearing them at work right now...I'm so happy! :mellow:

I have only had Protein Shakes in the morning since having the surgery. Now on the weekends, I eat later in the day. I have a boiled egg and possibly some apple sauce. Well that was before I got to 6ccs. I don't know how it will be to eat something in the morning.

Like you, aloudwhisper, I am tight in the morning - Protein shakes and greek yogurt have become my staples in the morning.

I do know that chicken has started to become difficult to eat. White meat has been out a long time. I can eat a thigh depending on how well its cooked.

I have a similar challenge with white meat chicken - if it's at all dry, I have a serious problem. I've been doing salads at lunch - only about half a normal salad - and using just a little dressing to help "ease" the path for the chicken. It is working so far, and the veggies help fill me up...

My focus is on eating as much fruit as I can, cause I know that not being able to eat, or being hungry will be an issues for me. I have to have a certain amount of fruits and veggies or my system will give me problems (we won't go there. You get the drift).

Sounds like you've got a plan that works for you...

I drink V8 and prune juice. I have become really big on the apple sauce and the fruit cups. I tried to eat an apple (and not even the skin) while driving last Friday, and nearly threw up all over myself. It was a mess. Oh, and I was on my way to CVS. I had the huge wet stop on my shirt, and the side of my skirt. LOL! So I learned a lesson about eating foods that I haven't tried while driving. (heehee)

I've been there and done that! :) I keep stuff in my car just for days like that...YUK!

I drink a Protein Shake every morning for breakfast, there's no other option for me. Even that takes me a half hour to get down.

You and I are on the same page - occasionally I can do yogurt, but mostly shakes...

For lunch one grilled chicken tender with some salad, maybe 1/2 cup. By dinner I'm usually loose enough, tonight I had two tacos. If you are feeling mid back pain for hours after you eat, somethings probly wrong, maybe forcing too much down? It sure doesn't take much to fill up once you've hit your sweet spot. Good Luck!

Same here - dinner is my "loosest" time and when I have to be careful, because I can overeat. If I've had a problem with lunch, I go to another protein shake for dinner.

RestlessMonkey on another thread suggested that occasionally, a "tight" band might be due to dehydration...I've tested that myself, and I find when I am concentrating on drinking enough Water, it's easier to eat solid foods. Track your water intake and see if things are easier on days when you are getting enough fluid...it might make things a little easier.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! :blink:

Yeah, I'm good with the Protein Shakes, but I am snacking in the day. Not to major, but I am wondering is that the reason the weight has not been really coming off. I just don't get why I haven't dropped major weight. I have started writing down what I eat (way behind I know, but no time like the present).

I think just eating a salad for lunch is not enough. I don't know if that's more in my mind or what, but I know I will be hungry again before I leave work. Most times, I leave work and go right to the gym, so I prefer to have already eaten something that will hold me through my swim. When i get out the pool, I feel like I haven't eaten in 10 days. I try to be mindful, because I know I can't eat like my body would really want me to.

I just don't know what to do. I know its a day to day process.:confused:

Yeah, I'm good with the Protein Shakes, but I am snacking in the day. Not to major, but I am wondering is that the reason the weight has not been really coming off. I just don't get why I haven't dropped major weight. I have started writing down what I eat (way behind I know, but no time like the present).

I think just eating a salad for lunch is not enough. I don't know if that's more in my mind or what, but I know I will be hungry again before I leave work. Most times, I leave work and go right to the gym, so I prefer to have already eaten something that will hold me through my swim. When i get out the pool, I feel like I haven't eaten in 10 days. I try to be mindful, because I know I can't eat like my body would really want me to.

I just don't know what to do. I know its a day to day process.:confused:

Whisper, try a granola bar...south beach makes a great smores one and Fiber one make a chocolate and oats one thats really good. One of those mid afternoon fills me up until dinner at 7.

I will have to try those. I swim around 7p, so I will have to have something before I swim, or I won't have the energy to swim.

That is awesome. I don't know why it has been such a struggle for me. I eat right most of the time, and I work out. I just can't get to 40 pounds down. Each time I get there, the weight goes right back the next few days. I have also gained like 4 pounds thanks to being bloated :cursing: I am trying to stay postive, but its hard sometimes. I needs some tip. I am nine months in, I should be at least 50 pounds down.

Well that was my hope and prayer.

:(

I have not been on here for months in fear of hearing how well everyone is doing but me. Glad to know I am not the only one not losing.

Wow, thanks everyone! Yes, I have been sticking to the Carnation Instant Breakfasts (sugar free) in the a.m., and it takes me a while to get through a whole one. Even just a few sips in the a.m. is filling!!!

I am so glad to say I have had no pain in the past couple of days!! :o I even had a very small barbecued chicken wing, 1/3 corn cob, and tiny bit of potato salad for lunch today, took it slow, and everything went well. Whew!!!

Hopefully I'll see more weight loss soon. It's been slow. Then again, I've waited before getting these fills....