Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Well, welcome to this years Novembers. Congrats on your start down a great path. We "oldies" are all on our one year bandiversaries. We'll be glad to "steer" you away from any of the mistakes we made, or answer any questions you have or provide guidance if we can. Good luck to all of you, and if I can offer you one piece of advice, get your butts working out as soon as possible and stick with it. The band will take you quite a ways, but it will not, and can not, do the work for you.

Elyse

Passed my 1 year bandiversary on Tuesday, had my 1 year check up with my doc on Wednesday. I lost 17 lbs from the last time I saw him - 2 months before, so he didn't give me another fill. I'm feeling pretty good - my weight hasn't changed much (I update my ticker here more often than I visit the doc), but my sizes keep dropping.

I was able to buy a winter coat in a size 12! :thumbup::w00t::lol:

I'm now wearing 'off the rack' size Large in tops and skirts, and a 14 in pants (the tummy is in the way). I'm walking daily, running mostly on the weekends. Looking for a job closer to home so I can get back into the gym -I miss it. I do have an ellipitical machine and a rower at home so I can keep going after the winter yuckies set in.

I don't have any regrets either Ebony, and I'm so proud of you! Congrats on the Size 12! It rocks doesn't it?!

Congrats Elyse and Ebony. I celebrated my one year bandiversary on 11/21. I am down 55 pounds, from a size 22 to size 16, off all diabetes meds and feeling better everyday. This year has been eventful and sometimes difficult, but worth it. I am 59 and unable to exercise very much so the weight is coming off a little slower but coming off nonetheless. Right now I have had a 1.5 cc unfill and recovering from an overfill that resulted in 12 days of vomiting and reflux. I will go back on 12/2 for a slight fill. My bandiversary gift to myself was a longer life, hopefully. Yay me!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hi, I am relatively new to this site and had my single incision lap band surgery on Sat 21 November 2009 in the UK.

Although my initial recovery was good, I am starting to feel a little rough 2 days after surgery. The worst bit is the incision site in the belly button and the gas, but hopefully this will pass.

Good luck to everyone else who has had or will be having surgery this month.

I just went thru and read all of our posts from last year! Can you believe it's been a year? I really thought I'd be closer to goal BUT it's my own fault. I've really slacked off on exercise....The band hasn't failed me...I know it's not a fix all and I need to get off my behind and get moving again. This time last year I was rolling with the exercise but got lazy over the summer.

I'm back on the wagon and ready for what this next year brings...

How's everyone else doing?

omg! Onederland!

Hi, I am new to this forum, but seem to be getting a lot of good info so far. I was banded on the 11th and my surgeon had me on liquid for only 2 days, mushies for 1 and then solid as tolerated by day 4 and 5. Have done great with only a few incidences of feeling like the food would not go down.

I was band on the 20th. I had to stay the night in the hospital (insurance required). I got sick after surgery and throwing up it really sucked. I am have some gas pain it's not that bad. My incisions are sore and 1 incision is bruised. I was on clear liquid for the first 48 hours. I am still on liquids for 2 weeks, but I got some Tomato Soup. I am so thankfully for it. It's hard I am really craving meat. I am having Thanksgiving at my place so I am hoping to make it through. I know I will! I am having my pain in my right calf, so I am waiting to hear back from the doctor now. I am Thankfully I went through with it. Looking forward to losing weight!!!

weight.png

Hey everyone! I got banded on the 24th and made my way home on the 25th! I'm feeling really good but the gas is kinda annoying. I'm going to go get some GasX in the morning. So excited to be a part of the "November Bansters"!

:thumbup:

If you've found a food product that has made your weight loss journey a lot easier, please post in the new thread "Great Food Finds" in the food and nutrion forum.

Hi, I was banded on 16th November in the UK. I have been very, very lucky as I have had no discomfort whatsoever. Only found it a bit uncomfortable trying to lie on my right side in bed but cured that by tucking a pillow under my belly :Yawn:

Had one day Clear Liquids, once home was on one week Soups and shakes, one week pureed foods and now, week 3 am starting on soft food. I go for my first fill on 16th December. Hope I will be chewing real foods in time for Christmas as I am looking forward to joining in with the festivities (although with a greatly reduced amount of food this year :sad:).

Hope all you other November Bandits are doing ok :sad:

OK....Im back! I got pregnant 2 months after I got banded last november! I had a beautiful baby girl and I didnt gain any weight during the pregnancy (my baby is perfectly healthy)! Im am ready to get back on the grind and start losing weight again. I go in for a fill tomorrow and I can start working out again in January. I can actually start working out now but they daycare at the gym wont watch my daughter until she is 3 months old. I am so glad to see everyone doing will on this thread. I will be logging in at least once a week for encouragement and to track my weight! I am happy to be back. PS....I am smaller than I was before I got pregnant so I know this band is gonna we my saving grace in this weightloss journey!!! Happy weightloss all!

Hey Ladies, just checking in. Where are all the C25K people? I just completed week 1 and I am still standing. I didnt upload the program onto my ipod because I could only locate apps that were compatable with the touch or the iphone neither of which i own, so I mand theses little 3x5 index cards for each week that i am just tossing in my mini bgym backpack and just watching the cloock intermittenly as I do my alternating between running and walking. I think week 1 went fairly easy, due to i had already started to do some running on my own, but I am no fool to think that every level is going to be like that. I'll keep you posted.

Hi everybody! I'm c25k'd out DD. But good for you. I've decided as much as I want to be a runner, I'm just simply not one. Good news, I'm doing boot camp three nights a week, and spin class one night a week and going to the gym at 6 am 4 to 5 mornings a week doing a half hour on the treadmill, at high inclines and 4.0mph. And FINALLY the scale has moved. I'm down 5 pounds! My end of year goal is also 180, DD. That means I gotta knock off 7 more lbs by the end of the year. I wish us all luck! Lets end the year on a good note.....