Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

I think you're right. I've lost 17 pounds since the first of December, so even though I was in a rut for several months and didn't lost anything, suddenly it's just falling off again! I'm so glad, I thought I was going to be stuck at 194 forever!

There you go!!! You will do it!! That's a great loss especially for this time of year so you are motivated and ready!

Hi all you 2008 Notorious Novembers. I haven't posted in a while, mainly because my weight loss has been at a stall. I gained some over Nov. and Dec. but am back to losing again. I haven't been able to walk as much, because of what I think is arthritis. Are any of you having joint pain?

Congrats on all your progress.

I have it all the time and it gets worse when it's cold and wet!

Ok, I need help, AGAIN. I am at a crossroads and I am not sure which path to take. I exercise all that I physically can. I have had both knees replaced and have a spinal injury, so I am very limited. I barely eat, but often it is slider foods, because the "real" food gets stuck and it is painful and embarassing to choke and throw up everywhere. So, I am either going to get a fill or have a large fill removed. The last time I got to 6.5 cc I couldn't lay down to sleep, so I had some removed. Now I am at 6.2, but have not lost weight in 4 months. I want a life again, that does not include constant BPing, sliming and fear of food. Or, if I can't have that, I want to actually LOSE weight. I am happy that things have been wonderful for some of you, but it hasn't been for me. What do I do? I don't want to give up, but it has been 14 months and that is long enough to wait for true restriction. I don't want to be afraid to eat with my granddaughters. Sorry for the long post, but please, someone, offer me some suggestions, ideas, help. :(

Glammaw--Sorry you are having such a rough time. Are you taking 2 Protein Drinks a day? That might cut don't on the slider craving. Also go back to the original diet that your DR prescribed and follow it closely. If you can get sliders down you can also get regular meals but you will have to chew them, and then chew them again and again. Remember the plan was for us to eat the amount of an egg each time we eat. You will lose faster if you stay between 800 and 1200 cal. a day. When I don't eat enough I don't lose either. I hope this helps. I'm fighting the same battle right now. I just have to remember why I had this surgery in the first place and stick to the plan. So let's work together and make our Notorious Novembers Proud!!!:(

Ok, I need help, AGAIN. I am at a crossroads and I am not sure which path to take. I exercise all that I physically can. I have had both knees replaced and have a spinal injury, so I am very limited. I barely eat, but often it is slider foods, because the "real" food gets stuck and it is painful and embarassing to choke and throw up everywhere. So, I am either going to get a fill or have a large fill removed. The last time I got to 6.5 cc I couldn't lay down to sleep, so I had some removed. Now I am at 6.2, but have not lost weight in 4 months. I want a life again, that does not include constant BPing, sliming and fear of food. Or, if I can't have that, I want to actually LOSE weight. I am happy that things have been wonderful for some of you, but it hasn't been for me. What do I do? I don't want to give up, but it has been 14 months and that is long enough to wait for true restriction. I don't want to be afraid to eat with my granddaughters. Sorry for the long post, but please, someone, offer me some suggestions, ideas, help. :(

Hi, I'm sorry also to hear you are having a tough time. It really does sound like you are trying to do this with a too tight band which never seems to work for people because as you said you turn to slider foods and do not lose weight. I would suggest having slight unfills untill you reach the point where you can eat like a bandster should without PB'ing so easily. I never could get my band past 5.6 cc's and be able to eat without that problem. I do hope you get it worked out so you are not so miserable with the band and it works better for you!!

Thanks, 2-Lose and JMS for your quick responses and your understanding. I want to keep on keepin' on, but it is hard sometimes. I am going to go back to the Protein drinks and see if that helps. I know I am not getting enough protein as is. And, I really need to get back to drinking more Water. I guess I have just developed some easy, lazy habits. I really, really wanted to be at goal at one year and it didn't happen and then my orthopedic surgeon said I would never be able to walk more than I do, and it will only get worse. That was hard to hear, since my goal was to walk a 10K race with my son. But, hey, I am off my meds, diet controlled diabetic, so that is good for me. This has been harder than I thought it would be. It looks so easy for some and it just hasn't been that way for me. To not eat and not lose weight is a bummer! Sorry for the pity party :(

Hi everyone. Just checking in. Had my last fill of .2 in December which took me to 7.7 (or right about there). Can't remember anymore --usually always get .2 the last several visits and I go every other month. But--this last fill put me over the top. I have to be very selective with what I eat--barely get anything of substance down so I have to eat more yogurt, ff pudding and drink more milk to get more Protein in. But--I have lost over 20 pounds since mid December. I will be getting a small unfil (wonder if he'll do .1???) at my appointment on Friday. The dr. will probably be a little upset I didn't call him before, but hate the extra drive when he's not at my local office. And since I'm able to keep Water down for the most part... Albeit with lots of pb'ing...ugh. I knew I could wait it out, and I have... But looking forward to some relief. But--I do love the loss. I was down to 178.5 this morning!!! :( It took me FOREVER to get started, but until I realized that I had to exercise AND got the appropriate restriction the weight wasn't going to just fall off of me. In the last month, with this restriction, AND the fact that I have been going to the gym and weight training--the weight has been melting away. My weight loss began to kick up in August (10 months into this thing...) when I started the C25K program. Once I began exercising, it began to come off! I do love my band and I'm glad I didn't give up when I hadn't even lost 30 pounds in 6 months. I am now a size 14 (12s --within reach, just a little too tight).

Glammaw--how about another SMALL unfill, rather than a large unfill. To me it sounds like you are unable to eat what you need to to lose weight, which means your body is probably holding on to everything right now. You need more protein, and maybe less calories (depending on which slider foods you are eating). I know it's hard because I'm dealing with this issue right now but thankfully I've been able to continue losing--but it's been less than a month for me and my body hasn't yet realized what's going on and sent me into starvation mode...yet. Make sure you monitor your intake.

Now to figure out what my new goal will be knowing that my original size 14 goal has been achieved and I'm not there ...yet.

Good Luck All!!!

Crystal

Glammaw---Go in your pantry and try to pick up 50 pounds of canned goods or flour. I think that is a great accomplishment for one year. If you don't think that is a great accomplishment hold them for the next hour. (ha ha) Sometimes we set our sights to high for ourselves. This year work on losing the last 27 pounds. :( You go girl!!!!

Thanks, 2-Lose and JMS for your quick responses and your understanding. I want to keep on keepin' on, but it is hard sometimes. I am going to go back to the Protein drinks and see if that helps. I know I am not getting enough protein as is. And, I really need to get back to drinking more Water. I guess I have just developed some easy, lazy habits. I really, really wanted to be at goal at one year and it didn't happen and then my orthopedic surgeon said I would never be able to walk more than I do, and it will only get worse. That was hard to hear, since my goal was to walk a 10K race with my son. But, hey, I am off my meds, diet controlled diabetic, so that is good for me. This has been harder than I thought it would be. It looks so easy for some and it just hasn't been that way for me. To not eat and not lose weight is a bummer! Sorry for the pity party :(

Don't even listen to that damn orthopedic Dr. That makes me mad. And maybe you should start seeking a new one. It was my orthopedic surgeon (for my knees) who suggested the lapband. I need knee replacement surgery, but he will not do it because I am too young and he said he would refuse to do it in any case at that time because of my weight it would be a failed surgery. He said I was headed for a wheelchair. I also need spinal surgery and a year and a half ago I spent most of my days in bed and could barely walk. I was always in pain when up and every step was unbearable. I took the maximum number of pain pills I was allowed every day. All of that has changed now. I am able to go shopping again, I went to Niagara Falls in August, and I cannot walk in any marathons, but compared to where I was, it's like a miracle. I found with every 10 pounds I saw improvement. And just with this last 5 pounds I lost in the past month I see more improvement. I now never take more than 1 or 2 pain pills a day and some days do not need any. My knees NEVER cause me pain. My only pain now is the sciatica I still get down the back of my legs and in my lower back after being on the go for a long period. Please do not be discouraged by that Dr. You will see lots of improvement as you lose more weight!!!

And, you can do it. I was so very motivated because my life was over when I started. You can get motivated too!

Thanks, ladies, for the suggestions and the motivation. Picking up 50 pounds would be really hard for me to do, much less stand and hold....real motivator! And, it gives me a good picture of where I came from. Since both my knees have been replaced, I hear your pain. I just need to realize how much better my life is now. I can walk to and from work without pain and I never need to park on the street because I can't make it one more step to the garage. I seldom take pain medicine and my meds have been cut to almost nothing. Time to get going again and realize what a gift I have been given. I am on the backside of this journey now and I am going to get to goal. I just need to start over with my food choices and if I need a slight unfill, I will get one. After all, life is all about the journey :smile2: I knew I could come here and get the encouragement and motivation I need. Thank you so much JMS and 2-Lose-Fluff and also Crystal. We can all do this together!:thumbup:

Thanks, ladies, for the suggestions and the motivation. Picking up 50 pounds would be really hard for me to do, much less stand and hold....real motivator! And, it gives me a good picture of where I came from. Since both my knees have been replaced, I hear your pain. I just need to realize how much better my life is now. I can walk to and from work without pain and I never need to park on the street because I can't make it one more step to the garage. I seldom take pain medicine and my meds have been cut to almost nothing. Time to get going again and realize what a gift I have been given. I am on the backside of this journey now and I am going to get to goal. I just need to start over with my food choices and if I need a slight unfill, I will get one. After all, life is all about the journey :smile2: I knew I could come here and get the encouragement and motivation I need. Thank you so much JMS and 2-Lose-Fluff and also Crystal. We can all do this together!:thumbup:

Yes we can do it!!!!!!!! And we won't let anyone tell us different!!

Anyone had comments made to you like "did you know that some people gain back all their weight after losing it with the lapband?" or "you are getting too thin. It can't be healthy"!!!!!!! Are you kidding me??? Do I hear jealousy because I don't think I hear concern.

:angry::hurray::lol:

I FINALLY DID IT!!!! I AM BELOW 200 POUNDS....not by much, but there nonetheless. Haven't been this weight in 25 years. I had a small fill and found out that my port has flipped or twisted. The NP was able to position it for a fill this time, but don't know about another. Kind of scary.....

I picked up my 51 pound granddaughter and realized it had been like carrying her and another 5 lbs of potatoes around all day, everyday. Fell last night in this darn snow and with my back and knees, I am really sore today, but very, very happy! Keep it going, ladies....thanks for your support.

I FINALLY DID IT!!!! I AM BELOW 200 POUNDS....not by much, but there nonetheless. Haven't been this weight in 25 years. I had a small fill and found out that my port has flipped or twisted. The NP was able to position it for a fill this time, but don't know about another. Kind of scary.....

I picked up my 51 pound granddaughter and realized it had been like carrying her and another 5 lbs of potatoes around all day, everyday. Fell last night in this darn snow and with my back and knees, I am really sore today, but very, very happy! Keep it going, ladies....thanks for your support.

Way to go Glammaw! That's outstanding!

Thanks, Elyse. Now with Lent, maybe it will get a little easier. I have 22 more to lose to be at goal. It has taken awhile, but you just have to keep workin it! Just to think, by summer I COULD be at goal. Come on summer :thumbdown:

Good luck to everyone on this journey!