Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Wow! Everyone seems to be doing great. We are only a year and a half out and we are well on our way to being at goal. I don't have a "real" goal right now. I'll just know when I get there I guess. I'm having some inner thigh skin issues that I contribute to 1--running, and 2--being too tight and losing 20 pounds really quickly! I am also having heart burn issues...even after having .4 taken out in March. I'll tell my doc in two weeks...but If I took my prevacid everyday like he told me I'm sure it wouldn't be too bad. I just haven't had heartburn since before band surgery (my doc fixed a hernia at the same time). But damn...late evenings are painful. Since I don't get home from work until 7pm, unfortunately there's nothing I can do about eating late. I try to stay up for 3 hours after, but since I get up early, it gets hard.

Anyway--everybody keep on doing good....getting ready for bathing suit season (my body won't see a bikini unless it's in my backyard...even tho my hubby bought me one).

Crystal

Thank you. Back on the wagon now. I have a 5K run in two weeks. Not sure I'll be able to run all of it. But I think most of it. Hope things are going well for you.

Hi to all you Notorious Novembers. I have had a complete unfill for a month and see the dr. on tuesday. What to do? I have had no problems since the unfill, no reflux, no problems at all. It has been so easy. But, I got the band for a reason and what use is it without a fill. I gained 4 lbs while filled and obviously too tight at 6.4 ccs in a 9 cc realize band. I have gained an add'l 4 lbs this month. I was afraid it would be more, so I feel good about that, except it is a gain. So, I guess I am looking for advice. My port is partially flipped, which makes getting a fill painful but not impossible. At least, they were able to unfill my band. Who has wise words for me? What would you do? I sure was sick before. Congratulations to all on this journey with me. It isn't easy, but everyone is doing great : )

I would ask them how much the they charge to have your port moved? My daughter just had her port moved on Thursday because port was pinching on her ribs. They moved it below the middle of her breasts.

Did you have a slip? Is that why all the Fluid was taken out.

They don't know. removing all fill was the first step and it seems to have resolved all of my problems....except for my weightloss, of course. I had reflux so bad I could not lay down to sleep, everything I ate got stuck and I had to get it up. I was sick and miserable. Everything seems fine now except I can eat way too much. As far as the port problem, they just seem to work around it. They say it is where i have lost weight and it sort of flipped over???? In any case, it is painful, but worth it to get a fill. Thanks for the advice.

Sounds like the stiches may have come un done at the port/muscle. I heard the fills can hurt as well. Our doctors use one needle to hold it still and use another to do the fill. Do the do it under fluoro?

The great thing about complete unfills, as it fixes most problems. Yes, weight gain can happen as you are wide open. I have seen some patients gain as much as 20 pounds in two weeks. So just be careful.

I feel so thankful to have gotten a job at my doctors office. it's been a very positive place to work and everyone's so nice.

I love watching patients come in for their first consults, pre-op appt's, going for surgery, post op's and then the journey to lose weight.

The stress at my old job was killing me...

Well I hope you feel better soon and they start filling you up when your ready. Do they give free fills to get you back or close to where you were?

I'm sure I've asked this before, but now that I've lost weight, I am freezing cold all the time....anyone else? I'm assuming it's cause I lost so much fat, I used to run quite warm, but it seems I can never get warm enough now.

They don't know. removing all fill was the first step and it seems to have resolved all of my problems....except for my weightloss, of course. I had reflux so bad I could not lay down to sleep, everything I ate got stuck and I had to get it up. I was sick and miserable. Everything seems fine now except I can eat way too much. As far as the port problem, they just seem to work around it. They say it is where i have lost weight and it sort of flipped over???? In any case, it is painful, but worth it to get a fill. Thanks for the advice.

Ugh, I feel for you. I have some sort of reflux thing going on, but I've learned the trick to not have it happen. I don't eat anything after 7 pm. That seems to give the food time to move through my band, so it doesn't sit there all night, causing reflux. I've also been told you should 'flush' your band out before bed, by drinking a glass of Water. Of course, I'm still eating like crap, and haven't been hitting the gym. These last few pounds just don't really bother me enough to motivate me, which is terrible. This is my last week of heavy duty work and classes, so hopefully next week I'll find a little energy to eat better and go run. Good luck to you, keep us posted!

I'm sure I've asked this before, but now that I've lost weight, I am freezing cold all the time....anyone else? I'm assuming it's cause I lost so much fat, I used to run quite warm, but it seems I can never get warm enough now.

I hear ya!!! Normally, I would only buy one sweater every winter, more because I liked the style than for warmth. And, I actually have a cardigan that I've owned for over 15 years that I like when I'd get chilly, or even as my 'coat' when I'd go outside in the winter. This winter, I think I bought every sweater I could find! And, I bought 3 prs of long underwear, warm socks, slippers, and 2 coats! I love being able to wear the sweaters, but I've also never been so cold in my life! I will never tease my husband about turning the heat up ever again! LOL

Yes, most definitely!

They may have to play around with your fill level to get you at your sweet spot. You will probably need to be patient. It seems like I read more of these problems with people who have the realize band.

They may have to play around with your fill level to get you at your sweet spot. You will probably need to be patient. It seems like I read more of these problems with people who have the realize band.

I read somewhere just recently that someone else had a big port problem after a couple yrs. Her Dr. said it came "loose" because of all the weight she lost. Now if that was the case, it seems that we are all in for a port problem.

Thanks, ladies. for the motivation. No fill yet. Have to wait another couple of weeks. This is like startng over from the beginning. I can eat most anything. Today I had rice at Shogun and it had to come up, but no other problems. I am anxious to start getting fills again and take off this last 25 pounds. Elyse I know you will get back on track soon. You are just going through a rough patch. Give yourself a break, then get back on track. I know you can do it. JMS, thanks for the kind words. It always helps to come here and find the support and encouragement I need. Thank you all :redface:

OK all. We're at nearly 18 months and i'm having difficulty. I cant seem to get motivated. My eathing is still very good, good restriction still (think i may need another fill but just for tweaking purposes). But I'm having a hard time getting my butt up to exercise!!!!! Any suggestions? Not asking for a butt-kicking, i've already done that the last week or two. But I seriously would like to know what you've all done to get yourself motivated.

Thanks.

Rhonda

OK all. We're at nearly 18 months and i'm having difficulty. I cant seem to get motivated. My eathing is still very good, good restriction still (think i may need another fill but just for tweaking purposes). But I'm having a hard time getting my butt up to exercise!!!!! Any suggestions? Not asking for a butt-kicking, i've already done that the last week or two. But I seriously would like to know what you've all done to get yourself motivated.

Thanks.

Rhonda

Oh Rhonda, I'm in a slump too! For some reason, I'm very very tight all of a sudden, and can barely get down Protein Shakes, so I've dropped a couple of pounds. But I definitely need to get back in the swing of exercising, I ended up working outside all day yesterday, tilling, hoeing and planting, and boy am I sore this morning!