Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Thanks, JMS. I really don't know how much is in my band right now. I've had 3 unfills about .5cc each time.

I did much better eating yesterday. Made much better choices. I hate not being allowed to exercise. I can't even take the puppies for a short walk. BUT I brought this on myself.

Reading the posts here have helped me a lot these past few days. I just need to pick myself up, dust myself off and get back on the weight loss horse.

I really think those who are here the most, are those who do better with their weight loss.

Good luck to you this week. Hope you can stay away from those sweets!

I've gained back almost 10 of the 57 lbs I'd lost..........

I've gone from a 2x to XL but really wanted to be farther along.

I think the fact that you are still 47 lbs lighter than pre-band is fantastic! I know that it stinks to not be where we want to be or where we thought we would be at this point, but let's try to look at how far we've come. I'm grasping on to every single pound that still hangs in that "lost" category as tightly as I can! LOL! I may have gained back 26 pounds, but I'm still 22 pounds lighter than I was in the beginning. My rings are still loose. My husband likes the way I look. ANYTHING! I'm just trying to grasp it right now.

Thanks to everyone that gave me encouragement. Even if at the end of my life if I look back and see that I didn't lose any weight from getting a LAP-BAND® it was worth it. If I hadn't had WLS, I would be sitting here thinking, "If I could only have WLS, THEN I could lose this weight.!" I know that I can start the fills should I decide to try it again. I would like to keep checking in here, because I feel inspired by all of you. Even those who are struggling help me to see that I'm not just a "problem child".

I think this is the toughest time for me. I too have gained about 20 pounds back. But I made up my mind no more sliders and no more sugar until it all comes off. Then if I can do maintenance with a little sweets I will, but if I start gaining again I will will not be able to eat sugar again. Because for the last 6 months I have just been going crazy eating junk.

I'm one of those people who just can't have a bit. Is that what is behind your weight gain? Maybe we can encourage each other like we did in the beginning.

So here I sit. Minus 93 pounds from the very first time I walked into my surgeons office. The problem is that 93 pounds lighter is not my goal and to top it all off I have been at the same weight for the past year. The actuality of all is that though my total weight loss has been good I have no one to blame but myself for not being at goal. The 1st year I was Wonder Woman, eating all the right things and at the gym 5days a week, you know doing all the right things. Then when I had that stuipd slip and the revision surgery I got lazy and got out of the habit of going to the gym. My food choices are still pretty good and my restriction is where my surgeon says it should be BUT no gym...and no gym for me seems to equal now weight loss. So for the past 9 months I have been making excuses about my band not being quite tight enough and that has been an outright excuse!!! I had a swallow test done under xray and the bottom line is that my and is as tight as it can be. They held up a straw to the xray and thats when I saw it. That tiny little opening the diameter of a straw, and the dreaded words from the doctor' "You are at maximum capacity for your band...any tighter and you are going to be in trouble"...well trouble is something that I dont want.

So now what????

Get off my ass, get back in the gym and do what I should have been doing the entire time. Workout, do the work I know I need to to get the rest of this weight off. No more excuses for me. Either I lose this last 37 pounds because I put forth the effort or I shut up and stop complaining about it when Im not doing all that I should be. I'll keep you ladies posted on my progress.

:thumbup:I'M IN IT TO WIN IT!!!!;)

Hey DD,

I'm right here with you--down about 79 +/- pounds from my first visit! I was the same weight in Feb. I was overfilled so I immediately gained 10 pounds back after an unfill and have only lost 10 pounds in the last 9 months. Totally my own fault. No exercise, not eating the right foods in the right order. Not drinking my Water.

I'm having a Upper Endoscopy and GI consult on Monday because of heart burn issues. I've been also having gall bladder like symptoms, but the CT Scan and Sonogram have not shown any stones or other issues. My band doctor is concerned because I've had two episodes where I have had fevers and he wants to rule out any band related problems. Ugh... I love my band and need to get to treating it right. It's like being in a long term relationship and taking it for granted. ;) While I hope it all turns out okay and that I don't have a slip or a stretched pouch, I need to get back to the basics.

So--this being the hardest time of the year, I hope to make better choices. The first choice being EXERCISE.

Good luck to you all!

DD I'm so proud of you. When we started losing in 2008 you inspired me to exercise. And as soon as I did the weight started falling off. I lost half the weight I needed to lose and then gained some back:mad2:, now I'm losing again. All for the want of eating junk food and not exercising. So as you see you are not alone. I've been doing much better since I joined a thread "I have failed my band." Come join the rest of us that are struggling. I'm sure your be encouraged day by day.;)

I have reclaimed ownership of my band, and for me...It's back in the gym!!! I am not going to go all kookoo crazy die hard 7days a weeks because I can't maintain a 430am wake up call 7 days a week but I sure as hell can do 5. I hit the gym yesterday and ran my little 2 miles, and it felt good. Back at this morning for 2 more and 1/2 of a StepII aerobic class.I am remotivated, recommitted and refocused. My size 12's feel pretty good, but my 8's are going to feel AMAZING!

I am right there with you both! My weight hasn't really changed except to yo-yo back and forth 10 lbs for the last year!

I am scheduled for a fill tomorrow, after having to have 3cc's taken out a couple of months ago. I am SO ready to get back in the game and get the rest of this weight off!

I will be checking in occasionally to report and see how we're all doing!

No excuses!! Let's get BUSY!!! :(

So I havent been on here for a while but decided to post today. I lost 120 lbs with my lap band and had virtually no problems. It was a slow but steady weight loss and I have been very happy with it. Then about 2 weeks ago I started to get Very Sick where I could not keep anything down. Lo and Behold I managed to slip my band. Not an experience I would like to live through again. I seen the Dr. at 2 pm on Friday and was in Surgery to have it fixed by 5 pm that night. I stayed in the hospital overnight and was out by 10 the next morning. It was a quick stay at the hospital and I seem to be recovering very quickly, but now I have the fear in my mind of my band slipping again. I would love to hear from anyone that may have went through the same thing to see and see how you handled it. It's really been an emotional journey for me and I really cannot imagine my life without my band. So if anyone else has been through this and has some ideas how to get over the fear let me know

So I havent been on here for a while but decided to post today. I lost 120 lbs with my lap band and had virtually no problems. It was a slow but steady weight loss and I have been very happy with it. Then about 2 weeks ago I started to get Very Sick where I could not keep anything down. Lo and Behold I managed to slip my band. Not an experience I would like to live through again. I seen the Dr. at 2 pm on Friday and was in Surgery to have it fixed by 5 pm that night. I stayed in the hospital overnight and was out by 10 the next morning. It was a quick stay at the hospital and I seem to be recovering very quickly, but now I have the fear in my mind of my band slipping again. I would love to hear from anyone that may have went through the same thing to see and see how you handled it. It's really been an emotional journey for me and I really cannot imagine my life without my band. So if anyone else has been through this and has some ideas how to get over the fear let me know

Wow! That's very scary. Sounds like it was resolved very quickly. How is the surgery recovery? Did they have to do much? I am self-pay and worry about problems such as that. I can't afford the EGD I am supposed to have. I haven't had any problems but did gain 10 pounds back due to bad eating. I had not had a fill since 9/09 and went to have one finally 2 wks ago, but still no weight loss!! It sure is easier to lose weight with the band in the first year or two!! I am going to keep trying! My downfall is getting Protein from brownies and chocolate chip cookies!!! I'm addicted. I'll lose as soon as I stop buying them I'm sure.

I hope you get over your fear. I would probably be the same way. How is everyone else doing??

Hi! I started off at 310 and got down to 165! Sounds great but it was hell. I continuously told my doctor that I thought something was wrong. He just kept telling me that I must not be eating appropriately. I ended up losing all that weight over 10 months. I kept telling him that I couldn't even take a sip of Water without throwing up. In August I was so sick that I was in severe pain and ended up in the hospital. Sure enough my band had slipped. I spent 3 days in the hospital and put on 24lbs just on I.V. fluids. I have been so scared to keep getting fills due to having a little bit of throwing up that I have gotten back up to 225. I plan on going in for a fill this Thursday but am scared to death. I just can't keep gaining the weight back.

Hi! I started off at 310 and got down to 165! Sounds great but it was hell. I continuously told my doctor that I thought something was wrong. He just kept telling me that I must not be eating appropriately. I ended up losing all that weight over 10 months. I kept telling him that I couldn't even take a sip of Water without throwing up. In August I was so sick that I was in severe pain and ended up in the hospital. Sure enough my band had slipped. I spent 3 days in the hospital and put on 24lbs just on I.V. fluids. I have been so scared to keep getting fills due to having a little bit of throwing up that I have gotten back up to 225. I plan on going in for a fill this Thursday but am scared to death. I just can't keep gaining the weight back.

That sounds horrible. I cannot believe your Dr. didn't believe something was wrong and investigate. Do you think the band slipped right at the beginning? I hope you can get past your fears. Everyone gets stuck and has to bring food up occasionally.

I haven't been on this board for a very long time. I received an e-mail notice about this thread this morning, so thought I'd check in.

I'm glad to hear about so many people having success with their bands, but I'm also mystified and saddened. I don't really understand how other people do it.

Actually, I do. I've never really followed the rules. Never exercised. Always had the intention, but never got there. In the beginning, I was planning my wedding and was so stressed out and busy that I thought I had a good excuse. After that I was going to "get around to it" when things settled down. They still haven't settled down! I "couldn't" give up drinking with meals. I lost 50 pounds in the beginning. Once I went on my honeymoon, I allowed myself to have some slider foods like ice cream to enjoy myself. Well, the enjoyment never ended. Foods would get stuck once in a while, because I would forget to chew really well. I could go on and on, but as I reread this I just sound like a big baby!

I've gained back 30 pounds. I recently had the doctor empty my band, because I just gave up. I feel that if I could follow the rules anyway I would still lose the weight. *sigh*

I'm especially happy to hear that people have gotten rid of medical problems. YAY! That's so awesome! I pray that I will find the strength to take care of myself before I develope diabetes and/or other problems. :thumbup:

Good luck to everyone!!! I truly wish everyone success and happiness!

That sounds horrible. I cannot believe your Dr. didn't believe something was wrong and investigate. Do you think the band slipped right at the beginning? I hope you can get past your fears. Everyone gets stuck and has to bring food up occasionally.

I'm trying to get over the fear it's just difficult because I don't want it to slip again. My first surgery was covered 100% by insurance but the second one cost me some out of pocket. If it slips again I can't afford to keep paying for this surgery.