Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Hey Notorious Novembers!

I'm at the end of a VERY busy day, our application deadline is today, so I've been swamped with emails and calls from nervous applicants...they are actually kinda cute, and I like helping them as much as I can. :thumbup:

Ebony....I went ahead and upped to week 2 on c25k, and I made it through without passing out....barely. What week are you on and PLEASE tell me it's gonna get easier.

It DEFINATELY gets easier...I just completed the week 9 workout - 5 minute warmup, 30 minute run (covered just over 3 miles) and 5 minute cooldown. YES it gets easier...when I started, I was walking a block, jogging a block...then jogging two blocks, etc. Follow the program and I believe it WILL work for you. I only ran 3 days a week - and walked the same route on the other days to build up strength and stamina.

At this point I cannot imagine ever being able to run 25 minutes straight---lol. It's not so much my hip hurting or the shin splint in my right leg...more the hard time breathing which I suspect has something to do with 20 years of smoking.

You will build up "wind" faster than your solid tissue (legs, ankles, hips) builds up strength for the running. I was still panting up until about 3 weeks ago - and I still do if I try to go too fast. Make sure you get a good pair of running shoes and reserve them for your workouts.

I also invested in running "tanks" because they help cut down on the bounce factor from my boobs. :lol: Because it's getting cooler here, I wear a reflective vest and something with long sleeves - if it's warmer out, a t-shirt, if not, a long-sleeve thermal shirt.

You can do it!

Hello.

Glad to hear everyone is losing and doing well. I have not posted anything for a long time. DD sorry to hear about your slipage and I am glad your doing well. Great weight loss. I have not been losing, I have been going in, getting the fluro's and band is exactly filled to where it should be. I just don't get it. Another weight loss failure.

I hear the frustration in your post, WannaB...have you talked to the nutritionist to evaluate what you are eating? Are you keeping a food diary? Try writing down everything you eat for a week or two, then see the nutritionist - maybe there's something she can suggest to help jump-start your weight loss.

It will be one year next month and I am still wearing the same clothes. Nothing has changed for me. I stopped doing my 2 mile walks everyday since the scale was not moving, I stopped doing Weight Watchers since I was not losing very much with it.

Oh WannaB - I understand your frustration, but stopping your walks will not help you...imagine your metabolism slowing down again...don't fall into that trap! Keep doing your walks while you get the nutrition thing worked out. Try going farther, or add some hills into your workout. Since you've been walking for a year, try the Couch-to-5k program and start running...maybe your body is very efficient at saving calories and you need to "shock" it with a different activity...

I just don't get how everyone else can eat such small amounts with the band and not be hungry and lose the weight. I guess this was just not for me. If I could make the right choices and eat less I would not have wanted the band. The band is suppose to help with that and it hasn't. Going in again today for a fill and have an appointment with one of the head strong nurses there. Maybe she can kick my butt back into the right frame of mind. Wish me luck.

I hope you find the answer you need, WannaB - but please don't give up. You wanted the band because you wanted to be healthier. Maybe shaking up your exercise routine would help - try running, swimming, play a sport or something different a few days a week. If you've been walking at the same speed, your body may have adapted - try changing something up -walk backwards, for instance.

Please check back in and let us know how you're doing...:)

Hello.

Glad to hear everyone is losing and doing well. I have not posted anything for a long time. DD sorry to hear about your slipage and I am glad your doing well. Great weight loss. I have not been losing, I have been going in, getting the fluro's and band is exactly filled to where it should be. I just don't get it. Another weight loss failure. It will be one year next month and I am still wearing the same clothes. Nothing has changed for me. I stopped doing my 2 mile walks everyday since the scale was not moving, I stopped doing Weight Watchers since I was not losing very much with it. I just don't get how everyone else can eat such small amounts with the band and not be hungry and lose the weight. I guess this was just not for me. If I could make the right choices and eat less I would not have wanted the band. The band is suppose to help with that and it hasn't. Going in again today for a fill and have an appointment with one of the head strong nurses there. Maybe she can kick my butt back into the right frame of mind. Wish me luck.

Wanna B, have you talked to your doctor about it? Do you keep a food journal? How many calories do you eat a day and do you mainly eat Protein and then veggies? Sorry to ask so many questions, I quit smoking three weeks ago and I haven't gained any weight but I haven't lost any either, because I've been eating a TON of candy and chocolate to satisfy my cravings. I know that I don't lose weight unless I'm doing mainly protein. Everyone is different on what plans make them lose, and I just wondered what route you were going. Have you had tests done to make sure you aren't having some kind of thyroid problem?

Wanna B, have you talked to your doctor about it? Do you keep a food journal? How many calories do you eat a day and do you mainly eat Protein and then veggies? Sorry to ask so many questions, I quit smoking three weeks ago and I haven't gained any weight but I haven't lost any either, because I've been eating a TON of candy and chocolate to satisfy my cravings. I know that I don't lose weight unless I'm doing mainly protein. Everyone is different on what plans make them lose, and I just wondered what route you were going. Have you had tests done to make sure you aren't having some kind of thyroid problem?

LOL Ebony, I see we both think the same....Great minds think alike!

DD??!? Where are you? How are you doing?!

Hey Novembers - how are you doing? It has been so long since I've logged on. I've reached a major plateau, but I started drinking soda again - so it's totally my fault. Anyway, I have had heartburn SO SO SO bad lately. It hurts. It's a constant burning running all the way down my chest. Is this happening to anyone else? Please help me!

Hi there everyone,

I haven't posted in ages, but have been reading and learning. Things were going really well with my weight loss, I was down 80 lbs at the end of July. And then...I found out that I am pregnant and due in March! So, a little bit of a Detour for a while, not focusing on weight loss any more, just trying to be healthy. But, after the baby is here, I do plan to re-start this journey.

Take care everyone, I will be checking in for some motivation in a few months!

Anne

Be careful with the candy/chocolate smoking substitute. I quit smoking 12 yrs ago for good, but went that route the first time and gained a ton of weight fast!! I had to use nicorette gum the second time and that worked very well for me. In fact I still chew it some 12 yrs later!

Hi there everyone,

I haven't posted in ages, but have been reading and learning. Things were going really well with my weight loss, I was down 80 lbs at the end of July. And then...I found out that I am pregnant and due in March! So, a little bit of a Detour for a while, not focusing on weight loss any more, just trying to be healthy. But, after the baby is here, I do plan to re-start this journey.

Anne

Congratulations and best wishes!

Hey Novembers - how are you doing? It has been so long since I've logged on. I've reached a major plateau, but I started drinking soda again - so it's totally my fault. Anyway, I have had heartburn SO SO SO bad lately. It hurts. It's a constant burning running all the way down my chest. Is this happening to anyone else? Please help me!

I'm sorry and I haven't, but at my meetings we are told to go get a slight unfill right away if we start having any heartburn or reflux. I hope they can resolve the problem for you. My daughter was having it really bad the past yr and is not banded, but just found out she has an ulcer and a lot of erosion in her stomach from H-Pyori bacteria.

I think that's what happened to DD, and her band had slipped. Id suggest having your DR do a fluoroscope, heartburn or reflux is also a sign that your band is overfilled.

Did your Dr. not tell you that people with bands shouldn't drink carbonated drinks? The carbonation can stretch out your pouch and/or your esophagus. This may be the problem with the heartburn.

Hi Notorious Novembers!

Hi there everyone,

Anne

What wonderful news! A band baby among the Notorious Novembers! :thumbup:

You might not see this message for a while, Anne, but I wish you all the best with your pregnancy and best wishes for a happy, healthy, bouncing band baby!

There are many members who have had babies while banded - you might consider checking in with them to see what tips, tricks or inside info they might be able to offer. Is there a forum for pregnant bandsters?

I'm so excited for you - ya would think it was ME having the baby! :tt1:

Good luck and many blessings with everything!:tt2:

I'm here, I'm here...I had my surgery on September 30, went home on the 1st on full liquids and was on solids by the 5th. I have no restriction and can not work out. ARGH!!!! I just got cleared to hit the gym (treadmill only,,,,no running) starting tomorrow.

I didnt mean to be MIA but I had the wedding....remeber the one with the delimma about the dress????? Well it was a wedding weekend. A welcome dinner on Friday, wedding on Saturday and send off brunch this morning. I feel GREAT!!!! I am trying to remeber that I just had surgery 2weeks ago and am tring to take it easy. I am going to post some pictures tomorrow so all of you who helped me in my dress delimma can see the decision in full color. It was interesting because I was the best man an sttod on the side of the groom but the bridesmaids...all 9 of them size 5 and under all wore the same dress as I did, but when I tell you that people where raving about me in the dress it would not be and understatement. I am not one to usually ttot my own horn but I wore the hell out of that dress.

And through it all. revision surgery and everything, I still love my band and do regret it at all. Even though I am no quite at goal I know that I wouldnt be were I am now without it.

Oh...been out of town for 3 days and havent seen a scale so I'm not sure were I am.

I'm here, I'm here...I had my surgery on September 30, went home on the 1st on full liquids and was on solids by the 5th. I have no restriction and can not work out. ARGH!!!! I just got cleared to hit the gym (treadmill only,,,,no running) starting tomorrow.

I didnt mean to be MIA but I had the wedding....remeber the one with the delimma about the dress????? Well it was a wedding weekend. A welcome dinner on Friday, wedding on Saturday and send off brunch this morning. I feel GREAT!!!! I am trying to remeber that I just had surgery 2weeks ago and am tring to take it easy. I am going to post some pictures tomorrow so all of you who helped me in my dress delimma can see the decision in full color. It was interesting because I was the best man an sttod on the side of the groom but the bridesmaids...all 9 of them size 5 and under all wore the same dress as I did, but when I tell you that people where raving about me in the dress it would not be and understatement. I am not one to usually ttot my own horn but I wore the hell out of that dress.

And through it all. revision surgery and everything, I still love my band and do regret it at all. Even though I am no quite at goal I know that I wouldnt be were I am now without it.

Oh...been out of town for 3 days and havent seen a scale so I'm not sure were I am.

Good for you!!!!! Can't wait to see the pic!! You'll be back on track in no time. I went three weeks with no restriction after my surgery and was having quite an appetite and eating much faster and bigger bites that last week. I had lost 3 pounds after the surgery and gained 3 that last week. I was very happy to find restriction again. It took a second trip back to the Dr's to get there. Now I'm losing about a pound a week again.

I have a funny one! I saw a distant relative this weekend who I do not care much for (it's mutual) and I had not seen in a long time. She was at my house and commented on my daughter's weight loss, but didn't say a word about mine at that time. She was in and out of my house with another visitor and about an hour later she came into the house, walked over to me and said "how did you lose so much weight anyway?" I just said "lapband" She thought I said "lap dance". It was hilarious!! She was speechless for a minute, just staring at me. Finally I said "what?" And she said loudly "lap dancing?". I was cracking up. She knew nothing about the lap band anyway and I didn't explain it to her. I don't think she ever did get lap dance out of her head and I will probably now have a new wild reputation with some of the distant relatives I rarely associate with!!

I have a funny one! I saw a distant relative this weekend who I do not care much for (it's mutual) and I had not seen in a long time. She was at my house and commented on my daughter's weight loss, but didn't say a word about mine at that time. She was in and out of my house with another visitor and about an hour later she came into the house, walked over to me and said "how did you lose so much weight anyway?" I just said "LAP-BAND®" She thought I said "lap dance". It was hilarious!! She was speechless for a minute, just staring at me. Finally I said "what?" And she said loudly "lap dancing?". I was cracking up. She knew nothing about the LAP-BAND® anyway and I didn't explain it to her. I don't think she ever did get lap dance out of her head and I will probably now have a new wild reputation with some of the distant relatives I rarely associate with!!

JMS...good for you! I have a couple of in-laws that are total beoytches and I'd love to put them in their place....you got to without intending to! You deserve a little wild reputation!

DD Welcome back! Now don't go getting all crazy on that treadmill....they said WALK! And kudos on looking so hot for the wedding! You rock!