Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Hi i just had the lapband oct.29 iam pretty sore and seem to have alot of gas? I havent even been hungary is this stuff normal? i have been taking my vitamens and protien though.

hello babyface33, i was banded oct.24th and yes it's normal. your stomach is still swollen so you probably won't feel the hunger feeling until your 3rd week post-op or so. They just want you to stay hydrated right now. it's also normal to feel sore at your port site for about 6 weeks post op. you seem to be moving right along:)

Dr. Ernest C. Rehnke

Palms Of Pasadena

St.Petersburg, Fl.

Hi.. I had mine on 10th september:) i was in pain and alot of gas. On top of that my port incision got infected. All gone on my 14th day post op. I didn't take any pain medication either. For gas i applied some menthol medicated oil. I'm sure you'll be fine:)

I am feeling super! Still some gas here and there but fine. Only have some discomfort in port area which I know from reading on here is normal. I am so excited for the future. I know I will be seeing the scale drop below 200 in the next year so I am happy!

Hey All!

I was banded on 10/30. Everything went very well I wasn't and haven't been in any pain. Just a lot of soreness, I was released on Friday afternoon, and I was feeling so good that I even took my 3 yr old trick-or-treating. The walking was good for me. It was nice to stretch my legs, plus I it worked some to the gas out.:blush:

Congrats to all of October 08 bansters!!!!!

Quick update on me.....banded 10/13/08 and I am now down 15 pounds that I will hopefully never have to lose again.

How else are the rest of you guys doing on your journey?

Hi everyone!

Sorry I didn't get to wish those at the end of the month well...after my surgery, I developed a very bad chest cold and have been just trying to get things done that I have to and that's it. No time to hang on the computer! I'm feeling better now...just coughing a little bit. My dh and girls have had it too.

I had my first "outing" to a restaurant last night...and ended up with a bowl of butternut squash Soup. YUM! I even brought some home...I couldn't eat it all! Tonight was a relative's surprise #50 birthday party and we brought appetizer kind of stuff. I brought dirt pudding (Old As Dirt--get it :blush:) and it turned out really good! I also brought hummus and just used my chip to "eat" it as I'm still in the "blenderized" stage.

Here's the recipe for the dirt pudding if anyone wants it:

Worm it Up!

You don't have to be a kid to enjoy a creepy, chocolatey dessert on Halloween. And what's creepier than gooey mud (chocolate pudding), dirt (crushed Oreos) and worms (doy, Gummy worms!)? NOTHING! The only thing NOT creepy about this particular yummy Halloween creation is the nutritional info -- it ROCKS! Check out this spooktacular recipe from Hungry Ghoul... er, Girl -- Guilt-Free Dirt & Worms Surprise!

Ingredients:

2 small (4-serving) packages sugar-free fat-free instant pudding mix, chocolate

4 cups fat-free milk

12 gummy worms; chopped into thirds

3 packs 100 Calorie Packs Oreo Thin Crisps; crushed

Directions:

To make the pudding, add both packages of pudding mix to the milk, and beat with a whisk for 2 – 4 minutes (until pudding is thoroughly mixed and thickened). Pour pudding into a wide serving bowl. Place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes to set. Once ready to serve, sprinkle worms over the pudding. Then, evenly distribute crushed Oreo Thin Crisps on top. MAKES 8 SERVINGS

HG Alternative! You can also whip up a single-serving version of this recipe using a Jell-O sugar free Pudding snack, a few gummy pieces, and a small handful of crushed Oreo Thin Crisps.

Serving Size: 1 serving (about 2/3 cup)

Calories: 163

Fat: 1g

Sodium: 430mg

Carbs: 32g

Fiber: 1.5g

Sugars: 16g

Protein: 6g

POINTS® value 3*

It's from the Hungry Girl website. (my nieces and nephews loved the worms!)

Hope everyone is doing well!

~~anne

Ok all you October 08 folks. Many of you have lost 20 pounds or more by now. Have your friends and family and co-workers noticed? I hope so...it feels so good to get their support. Maybe we can inspire others to try this. What do you think?

So how are you doing? I bet it was just nerves? I was also nervous, I was banded on 10/30 not feeling great yet but am hopeful..... I'm hungry! lol Keep in touch...& good luck!

Another day down, another day closer to being myself again! Woohoo! I actually slept in this morning! That shocked me. I hadn't really been sleeping very well. I haven't left the house yet but am ready to get out. Cabin fever! Anyways, just wanted to pop in and say Hi to everybody. We did it!! :thumbup:

Omg Bridgette,

I totally know what you are talking about the cabin fever!!!!!

I felt like I wanted to pull my hair out and run screaming through my condo complex, lol.

I have had some difficulty sleeping since my surgery too.

My surgeon recommended that once my pain kinda went away, that I only take the pain med at night before I sleep, and that would help me sleep thro the night....it seemed to help, so maybe it will help you too :thumbup:

Hi Bridgette - glad to hear that you are doing well. I was banded on the 29th as well and am feeling fine. I never had any real pain; just some discomfort for two or three days. I've lost 10.5 lbs since the morning of my surgery. Gas and lack of sleep seem to be the only issues. I cannot sleep more than 3 hours at a time even though I have no discomfort. I directed my church choir on Sunday without any problems although my voice was very weak so my singing was not that hot. My wife and daughter who were banded in late September are doing just super and my wife had her first fill last week.

Dirigo,

I haven't been on the forum for a while. I am so glad to hear that you and your family are doing well. As you know from your wife and daughter, each day gets a little better. It's your turn to be taken care of.

I'm now a month out from my banding. I'm happy to say that I have lost 12 lbs. Whoo hooo! And I feel really great. I get my first fill on Nov. 19.

Continue to feel better and take care.

Hi Everyone!!

I was banded on 10/28. I'm finally back down below my surgery weight, apparently the IV fluids really liked me and didn't want to leave! I'm feeling really good, just a bit of mild discomfort at the port site, but otherwise feel great.

Can't wait to see what my weight is at my post-op appt with my doc on Friday.

Short n' Sassy

Great hearing from you. I'm thrilled to hear that you are doing so well; I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are. I haven't been on the forum either as I had been busy taking care of my daughter and my wife. I am doing extremely well and never had any pain or lack of mobility. My wife is in disbelief as she and our daughter were laid low for over a week and I went to a church meeting 3 hours after I was discharged from the hospital (I'm a tough old bird!!). Congratulations on the 12 lbs - you won't EVER see those pounds again! I bet you are excited about your first fill? I went with my wife on the 30th when she had her first fill. It was done at the hospital and I went with her right after I was discharged from the hospital so I got to see how it was done. My daughter gets her first fill Thursday.

It's great hearing from you and I'm delighted to see how well you are doing. ~Jim