Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Good Luck Skinnydippn42!

I know what you mean, my date came and went very fast after it seemed to take forever to get here!

I am a fellow Mississippian..on the coast.

Take care and let us know how it goes as soon as your able to post!

Renita

Wishing everyone today and tomorrow the best on your surgery. I'm sorry if I've missed anyone--I've had a terrible head/chest cold which is great when you are recovering from surgery. I was supposed to start back to work last night but wasn't able to because of my cold. I also wanted to start with a trainer yesterday and couldn't.

Today: Michele777; Rosie Sage

October 29-knickerbocker; ~Bridgette~; SCTexasGirl; julie.ann; lauriel; dirigo; CMTurner; sunwyse; Altoonasoup; chrisfer1;wvgal33; gracie78; Tamisha; Road less traveled; debbie brooks; tomatogirl; vicbrad; mvane08; babe134; grateful1; Maggies; abbalv; debbietx

I am reading the book written by the daughter of Muhammed Ali and it's really interesting if you like novels.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0061170941/]amazon_icon.gif[/ame] [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0061170941/]Amazon.com: Fighting Weight: How I Achieved...[/ame]

Thanks for the bean Soup idea. I didn't get to go to bookclub because of my cold though. Oh, I've been having stomach pain and just realized that it's hunger pains. Yesterday, I stopped and got a Starbucks Vivanno with Protein Powder and that really helped. Tomorrow, I start pureed foods!

~~anne

I can see there are many varying pre-op and post-op diets. I am allowed to have soft foods 2 weeks post-op as long as everything as gone well so far. I know this may sound dumb, but I am no so sure what soft-foods are. I personally thought mashed potatoes would not work because of the carbs? Isn't that pretty much how I go fat to begin with? My list from the doctor says soft, moist Proteins. It also says, vegetables allowed on week 9 to be introduced one at a time to check how well tolerated they are. Help? Tell me what soft foods are on your approved lists please??????:)

my surgeon said eating mashed potatoes and other higher calorie foods are okay when you are in the healing stages.

on my soft food list aka (food you can cut with a fork):

-soft baked meats

-canned tuna, chicken, salmon

-cottage cheese

-low fat cheeses

-eggs

-refried Beans

-grits

-casseroles

-canned fruit no Syrup

-no sugar added applesauce

-canned cooked veggies

-malt o meal! my favorite :)

I think soft foods are like sugar free pudding, Jello, clear Soups. This is my second week tomorrow and I am eating cottage cheese, crackers chewed 20 times each bite and I seem to be doing fine. Haven't upchucked yet..........fingers crossed but I don't drink after I eat for at least a half hour, only drink before I eat. This is so the food doesn't rinse right through your stoma.

Penny

Sounds like it is going better..I just got my shipment of Unjury yesterday. I also got the chicken Soup variety but I haven't tried it yet.....I do like your ideas for the Tomato Soup thinning it and adding Protein powder is a great idea.......:thumbup:I am going to try it. I will look into the EAS as well.Keep up the good work.:)

my surgeon said eating mashed potatoes and other higher calorie foods are okay when you are in the healing stages.

on my soft food list aka (food you can cut with a fork):

-soft baked meats

-canned tuna, chicken, salmon

-cottage cheese

-low fat cheeses

-eggs

-refried Beans

-grits

-casseroles

-canned fruit no Syrup

-no sugar added applesauce

-canned cooked veggies

-malt o meal! my favorite :)

I think soft foods are like sugar free pudding, Jello, clear Soups. This is my second week tomorrow and I am eating cottage cheese, crackers chewed 20 times each bite and I seem to be doing fine. Haven't upchucked yet..........fingers crossed but I don't drink after I eat for at least a half hour, only drink before I eat. This is so the food doesn't rinse right through your stoma.

Thanks for all the tips. My doc's office really discourages doing many carbs. In addition they told us no milk (even skim) until 6 months out. Oops...I had a cup of 2% milk mixed with strawberry sorbet from Unjury a couple of hours prior to the meeting. BTW, it was really good.

I went to my local support group last night. There were over 50, maybe close to 60, people there. Some two years out and some waiting for their date. Anyway, everyone goes around and tells how much they have lost so far. Someone ran a total and came up with over 4,000 lbs lost. The support meetings are very encouraging. If your doc's have them, try to fit them into your schedule.:)

Hi everyone. I was banded 1 week ago today 10/22 and everything is going well. I am having some pain in shoulder but hope it will pass soon. So far I have lost 12.8 pounds. It is very reassuring that I have a place to vent frustations and rejoice in success stories.

First off...Congratulations TymeToGetRyte...Welcome back! I had no idea you could ask for your surgery on DVD. I watched a surgery on youtube the day after my surgery. Sure glad I didn't watch it before hand! :w00t:

Per my Dr's order's I was allowed to have pureed foods three to four days after surgery if I was tolerating liquids OK. I never felt nauseous so I went to pureed foods on the fourth day. I just put everything in the blended and hit the button.

The pureed bean Soup was great after I doctored it like Ronda did...:w00t:

Thank you Ruby124 other than being sore i'm doing pretty good. sorry it took so long to reply, right now for me it's figuring out the rubles and growling like feeling in my stomach. i did'nt think you felt hunger pains until the swelling goes down ? i think i'm mistaking it for gas ? gas-x is not helping me out, walking does a little but my pains are not bad. my stomach does feel tight and full so it's hard to sip down a gallon a day. i just try to stay hydrated , never thought i would look forward to moving on to mushies...lol

and yes you can get a dvd of your surgery, my surgery was done @ Palms Of Pasadena and they record every surgery but will not give them to you unless you request it before hand. they use to give them to everyone but said a patient took it home and thought it was a info dvd and had the shock of her life..lol so yeah they only give them out on request. and being the nosey, sentimental person i am i wanted a copy of mine.

Edited by Tyme2GetRite

glad to hear your doing fine wil6166. i was banded two days after you and i agree because some of the things that i am feeling or experiencing, i'm glad to know someone else did also and could perhaps explain it so i will understand it !

Well, I have officially been banded. I went into surgery about 10:15 Monday morning and was home by 2:45p. I wasn't nervous until the morning of the surgery. I was almost in tears when my DH asked me what was wrong. He helped me relax and I was a little better. By the time I got to the hospital, I was ok. They couldn't get a blood pressure reading and the cuff kept popping off of my arm. They were finally able to get one and it was fine. My pulse was a little high about 110. It normally runs about 70-80. I remember everything until I got into the OR and they said take a couple of deep breaths into the mask. That was it for me.:laugh: The next thing I remember is being in recovery and joking with the PACU nurse. He was really nice. That barium swallow for the x-ray was horrendous.:w00t:

I have been doing pretty well since I got home. Still suffering from some gas pains. They are no joke!!:w00t: I have been trying to walk constantly to help alleviate the pain. Today, the gas pains had subsided some but now, the abdominal pain has kicked in and the gas pains are coming back. sleeping is a chore. My favorite position (on my stomach) is completely out of the question. I have been sleeping on my right side but even lying in that position for 3-4 hours can be painful after a while. My living room sofa has been my friend.

I have been trying to make sure I get all my Protein and liquids in. Boy, it is hard. I have been sipping on an Atkins strawberry shake since 230 this afternoon and I still have about 45 more grams of protein left to get in for the day.:blink:

Well, I just wanted to let you all know how I was doing and thank you all for all of your kind words and support.

Hello everyone! I had my surgery on Monday morning! I was not to nervous that morning. I think I was more nervous the night before! I am still sore but mostly where my port is. It stings whenever I move around! The gas is pretty bad as well. I have been trying to make myself burp and it does not work so well. I have been getting a little better over the past couple of hours. I did not come home till Tuesday afternoon and I am happy for that! The pain meds really helped me! I am on stage one liquids till my first appt on the 13th of Nov! I am hoping I can live till then! lol

Does anyone have any good ideas on liquids to eat that we may have not thought of? I am going to get sick of the chicken broth here really soon! Thanks for all the support!!

im so proud of myself i got banded oct 20th and i walked all week 2 miles to nite yhippeeeeeeeee i didnt exersize at all before surgery

I was banded october 6, 2008. I'm doing great, still sore but already lost about23 lbs.

weight.png

Edited by margui