Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Did any of you have the numbing ball ,to numb the belly instead of lots of pain meds ?? I guess i can have that and take les meds and it takes 2/3 days to empty and then you pull it out yourself very easy like when its done at home,,,sounds good to me i'd rather have the ball and less knock out drugs...its great to hear you all are doing so good ive needed to hear this the past day or so going through all the what the _ am i doing here but i'll make it .you people give me great hope and i love to read your storys ..thanks and keep us all imformed you banders :eek: we need it .

Suzieq53,

I had the pain ball but only until I left the hospital. My doc makes all of his patients stay overnight. I really wasn't in much pain from the actual surgery but the gas just about killed me! Good luck to you!

Wow hay thanks yea they told us we would be staying all nite and that the pain ball is slow to empty so it took 2/3 days to do it ..well better them taking it out then me huh .thanks again

Hi everyone! I'm down a total of 25lbs today from pre-surgery diet until today-4 days post-op. wow. That's a lot.

What kind of weirdness is everyone experiencing post-op?

I get a weird feeling in my abdominal area when I eat or drink. I'm guessing it's air, but I have a theory that it's the food moving through the pouch. :eek: Who knows. It's not really painful, just really weird. Also, don't you just love all of this gas? I'm eating slow, drinking in sips and I still have so much gas. Oh well, gas is still better than being morbidly obese!!!

Take care all and good luck for those banders to come.

Another question: I have book club tomorrow and am thinking about taking Soup so I can eat it. Any suggestions? I'm not a soup person, in general, so I don't have any good recipes on hand. I am allowed full liquids only right now and we always bring something to share.

Thanks,

Anne

My surgery is scheduled for 10/29/08 yeah for me, I am so exicited and ready to go. And congrats to all that have already been banded cant wait to join you guys.:eek:

Another question: I have book club tomorrow and am thinking about taking Soup so I can eat it. Any suggestions? I'm not a soup person, in general, so I don't have any good recipes on hand. I am allowed full liquids only right now and we always bring something to share.

Thanks,

Anne

I had Black Bean Soup tonight and it didn't bother me at all. I pured black Beans, some mild salsa, cumin and garlic chicken broth together until smooth. I then cooked up on the stovetop adding in more broth until it was thin enough. At the end, I stired in a little non fat sour cream for flavor. It was really good and very satisfying. This could go over with everyone else if you added some more beans at the last minute that aren't pured, cheddar cheese and more salsa. Hope it helps!

Also, I don't have regular stitches. They glued all of mine together. So, no real itching yet. It looks pretty cool though. :eek:

Hey Ronda....I also have liquid stitches. Is that what they are called? I just noticed the day after surgery I had no bandages. My husband called them liquid stitches. I am dying to hit my hot tub. I know with the other stitches I would not be allowed. I should call and ask about these. It probably is the same rule.

My surgery was 10/20. I still have no real appetite. Between the medication & lack of nutrients I have felt pretty light headed. I am going to cut my medication down. I think I can handle that now. I'll take one tsp. tonight before bed..instead of two. One when I get up tomorrow..instead of two.

I was very fortunate. Gas was not that bad. My gas was all over the night of my surgery. Mine was trapped in my shoulder blade. It was all gone by 11:00 PM the first night. Thank God! Cause that did hurt!

I bought some black bean Soups today. I haven't tried it yet. I was trying to find a way to get Fiber in. These Constipation threads were scaring me...LOL! Thanks for your tips on 'doctoring' up the Soup. I would never have thought of all the fun stuff you did. I was gonna add Water instead of chicken broth. :mellow: Yours sounds much more tasty. I love the salsa & sour creme idea. Keep 'em coming.

Last night I experienced a sharp pain right under my breast bone on the left side. I had made a home made spaghetti sauce for my honey. I had a few teaspoon fulls. Well, maybe more than a few. There were some tiny, soft chunks of mushroom & onion. The pain hit me at some point after I was done eating it. I read somewhere pain under the breastbone was due to eating to fast, not chewing, eating to much. It lasted for about 30 min..very sharp. I thought to myself..Well, that is what happens when you do not use your baby spoon...:tongue:

Tonight when I made his dinner I tried again. This time I used my babyspoon, did not eat as much, probably was more concious of the chewing (This is all so new) and, was fine.

I am so looking forward to eating really good quality food in small quantities.

hello all i just wanted to let everyone know i am alive and well, i made it!:tongue: i came home Saturday morning and other than the usual soreness i'm doing fine. I think i was in more pain from them trying to find a vein for the IV than i am in now :cool2::sad:, oh my gosh i felt like a pin cushion:crying::mellow:. but all in all i'm glad that part is over with:thumbup:, glad to be home:thumbup: and as soon as i get situated i'm going to watch my entire surgery on the dvd i requested ! :tt2::lol:

Lost 12lbs from Pre-op diet :wink:

Dr.Ernest C. Rehnke

Palms Of Pasadena

St.Petersburg, Fl.

Edited by Tyme2GetRite

hi ruby,if u was banded same day as me i dont think u can eat bean Soup and ik thought for 2/3 weeks broth cream Soups exc,sf pudding sf Jello, and i know no way spagtti sause,your dr ok this?i got banded oct 20th to i know thats not long enough for some those foods,id be careful,every thing ive read u cant eat those things yet,o well

hello all i just wanted to let everyone know i am alive and well, i made it!:tongue: i came home Saturday morning and other than the usual soreness i'm doing fine. I think i was in more pain from them trying to find a vein for the IV than i am in now :wink::lol:, oh my gosh i felt like a pin cushion:crying::mellow:. but all in all i'm glad that part is over with:thumbup:, glad to be home:thumbup: and as soon as i get situated i'm going to watch my entire surgery on the dvd i requested ! :cool2::tt2:

Yay, I'm glad you are doing well!! 2nd day post op. I've had Water, a little broth, and some Protein water.

I'm off pain pills, but just at night I do take one. I'm going to have egg drop Soup tonight, and I'm so excited.

I took my bandages off and just have bandaids over them. I read the follow up instructions from the hospital. I hope that is what the dr. wanted.

Did any of you have the numbing ball ,to numb the belly instead of lots of pain meds ?? I guess i can have that and take les meds and it takes 2/3 days to empty and then you pull it out yourself very easy like when its done at home,

I had the ball (OnQ pain pump) and Liquid Hydrocodone! YIPEE!

I'm all about the drugs. I don't like pain. And, I don't really have any to really complain about.

The pump was easy to take out. One side slide right out no big deal... and trust me I was totally freaked out about taking it out. But, literally I just pulled and it started coming out. Did not feel a thing. The other side had scabbed a little, so It hurt getting the scab free. You are numb so of course you don't feel it!

The liquid hydrocodone makes me a little sleepy but nothing I can't stay awake if I want to. I take 10 to 15ml every 4 to 6 hours. 3 hours if I really hurt.

hi ruby,if u was banded same day as me i dont think u can eat bean Soup and ik thought for 2/3 weeks broth cream Soups exc,sf pudding sf Jello, and i know no way spagtti sause,your dr ok this?i got banded oct 20th to i know thats not long enough for some those foods,id be careful,every thing ive read u cant eat those things yet,o well

I had some bean and bacon soup last night, too.

And Lord knows I have the strictest post-op diet on here!

I just pureed the hell out of it and added an extra Water. Was just like cream soup if you ask me. I sipped it all night long. Took me the whole evening to drink about 10 oz. I used one of those hand held Campbell soup containers.

It's going to take some getting use to the amount of left overs in the fridge! A pot of soup could last a LIFETIME! Who knew?!

By the way if you reuse those (and it says not to on the container) they get REALLY HOT in the microwave. Be Careful if you are using the Unjury powder. You can't add it to anything over 130 degrees. I have been using a little meat thermometer to measure the temperature of all my liquids.

Oh and my incisions are closed with the glue too. They look really good. And showering has not bothered them at all.

Edited by HelloPenny

Ok so does anyone else get pains in the back? Could it be gas? They had to put gas in us to blow the area up right? It's been 3 days post op, still a little sore. I like it better sitting on the couch with my down comforter. laying down is uncomfortable sometimes.

I too get those weird gurgles, some gas.

Some of you are talkng about eating, my Dr. has put me on a 2 week liquid, then 2 week pured, then 2 week soft foods, sound familiar?

I'm full of questions today