Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Just stopping by to give my 2 cents. I see alot of you are talking about Unjury. I have never tried it but I want to let you know what I drink. I found that Kashi makes a drink and it's very good I have only tried the chocolate one. It's Kashi Go Lean and it has 29 grams of Protein and 7 grams of Fiber. I found it at a local health food store here in town.

As you will find yourself eating less, you will not be going to the bathroom as much. You will have a tendency to get constipated. Becareful about this.

Good Luck to all of you.

Jenny....

Click on one of my tickers. That will take you to Graphical Tickers and Trackers: Weight Loss, Trying To Conceive, Pregnancy... where you make a ticker. Setup a pin so you can go back and update it. Once you finish the setup it will give you a code (use the bb code) you copy and past into your signature under the User CP section. Look over to the menu on the right for the User CP section.

Ok checking in. Today I went to my two weeks post up appt. Since surgery on 10. 08. 08 I have lost 33 lbs. I am down to 258 from 291. I am shocked but happy. This is truly a gift. Its a tool and I am making the best of it. I am 28 lbs away from reaching my first goal hopefully by dec 25th! Good luck to all those being banded today! Cheers to new a new birth date!!!

Hard to believe that in only one more week all of the October Bandsters will be "on the other side." Where did this month go?

My thoughts are with all of you waiting to go and all of us recovering.

Prayers and good thoughts tomorrow and the next day for: Holly718 and vivien.

Let me tell you, the gas is the worst part no matter what you do to try to prevent it. The other thing that I think I did wrong was to drink "normally" afterward. I couldn't understand why my chest hurt so much and then it hit me that I was probably drinking too much too fast. Today, I am SIPPING over a long period of time. Of course, it's more difficult to get in my calories that way on full liquids but still...I feel better.

Hope this helps someone!

~~anne

Edited by annecolorgreen

Something I have done is to take a small pillow and tuck it under my stomach when I sleep on my side. It helps with the pulling around my new port on my right side. FYI!

In a week, I'm down 13.5 pounds! ;)

Hi everyone went to my 1 week post op today...I lost 11 lbs...Yeah me ;). I am sooo excited. i dont go see my dr for three more weeks then they are putting in my first fill. I am feeling real good no pain. But very very tired. One thing I wanted to pass went to nature store and bought "liquid Chlorophyll" works wonders on gas and gas pains. Just put a squirt in a glass of Water. its has a faint taste of mint...Try it it works great.

Newgrama0904,

Not that this is what is causing your tiredness but I was also extremely tired and it turned out I was dehydrated and had to get an iv treatment. Just be careful.

Newgrama - Cute graphic in your sig!

I am being SOOO bad about drinking anything or getting my protein! I mean like SUPER bad.

I did get my Unjury chicken Soup mix in the mail today. It's pretty yummy. If anyone is on the fence about getting some.... GO GET SOME! It tastes exactly like a "Chicken in a Biscuit" cracker. Exactly.

I made some chocolate cheesecake pudding tonight! Sounds pretty exciting. I am hoping it tastes as good as it sounds. Just a box of SF chocolate fudge instant pudding and SF cheesecake instant pudding. 4 cups of skim milk. 4 scoops of unflavored unjury. TA DA!

Going to make some broccoli and cheese soup tomorrow maybe some Cream of Tomato, too. I can't pull all my tricks out of my hat too fast. I am on liquids for F~I~V~E WEEKS! :thumbup::scared2::blush:

You don't eve get mushies in those 5 weeks?? That's a bummer! Hope it goes well for you! Wonder why your surgeon has you doing that...they all seem to have their own rules about things!

Hi everyone...just checking in. You all know that I'm stuggling with my calories from yesterdays post. So, I went to the grocery store today and started experimenting again. :thumbup: I trind the Odwalla Super Protein vanilla Al'mondo and it was really pretty good. It has almost 200 calories for 8 oz with 10 grams of protien! I don't know about you, but I needed something besides protien shakes and this was really thin, creamy and satisfying. It actually tasted of almonds...not almond sugar free Syrup. They have lots of flavors, but I just needed something besides chocolate.

Also, thank you for the note on slowing down when I drink. I've been drinking almost normal...so I slowed down. I've felt much better today though I still have lots of gas. ick. Walking has seemed to help so I've been up and about as much as possible today. I'm exhausted now!

Take care everyone and good luck to those to come. :blush: