Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

banded oct. 7th felling fine. only 5 lbs lost. been back to work for a week now. Doc. Marsden is the best. Going to tell everyone about the true result place. glad i had it done. i thought i would lose a little faster because i have 200lbs. to lose. but its coming off slow. will have my 1st post op. on thurs. 23. wish me luck.

Hey Ronda--I'm saying extra prayers for you today because you are anxious. I'm sure that's normal. I'm a tad jittery today (tomorrow is my surgery) even though I had the OLD gallbladder surgery and did well with it! lol

I've thought about the letter thing before and wondered if we shouldn't all do that periodically (with updates). My mother died when I was 13 and I wish I'd had something from her. Another reason I think so morbidly is because I work for hospice, so I deal with families and death all the time.

Now, as an encouragement I hope, I have done lots of research on this surgery and feel like it is so much safer than carrying extra weight around. Your little boy will have a much better mommy who can run and play with him soon!

Check in with us!

~~anne

:party: Congrats on the great results. I am trying to be patient with the lose because I know it came on a little at a time and expect it to take longer than I wish to melt away.

How is your hunger level? I assume you are still waiting for your first fill? I have my first fill on 11/14 but I am not having any hunger issues anyway. The McDonald's commercials make me a bit nostalgic but not hungry. :Dancing_biggrin:

banded oct. 7th felling fine. only 5 lbs lost. been back to work for a week now. Doc. Marsden is the best. Going to tell everyone about the true result place. glad i had it done. i thought i would lose a little faster because i have 200lbs. to lose. but its coming off slow. will have my 1st post op. on thurs. 23. wish me luck.

I was banded on 10/08/08. I lost 13lbs the week pre-op, but have only lost 6lbs since surgery. So I understand where you are coming from cellis82. I would like to see faster results too since I have about 150lbs to lose. My first post-op visit is 10/22/08 (tomorrow). I am excited to hear how the Dr. thinks I am doing. Good luck. It will come off in time.

Karen

Hi October Bandsters...Here is a message I left last night on another board...a board of woman I have been friends with for five years.

Hi ladies....Im backkkkkkkkkkkkkk! roll.gif

Just shortly though. I got home tonight about 7:30 PM...........just in time for O'Reilly at 8:00 PM. I don't know how I do it...wink.gif

My surgery was delayed another hour when I got there. They had me in the surgery room by 2:00 PM. Everyone is right. I remember nothing about the surgery. I guess I did really well. They called my girlfriend at her work at 5:45 PM. I knew she would stay till 6:00 PM..to punch-out on the hour.I was dressed to go home by 6:05 PM. I spent the time walking the little recovery area. I was the only one there. That was cool. She showed up at 6:35 PM. I had her drive my Jeep Liberty. Her car is some tiny Toyota thing. My car you can slide down...instead of her squishy-thing...pulling up.

It feels best to walk around. They pump you full of air. It helps with the trapped gas to move around. It is only 10:00 PM & I think I feel a bit better already. Though I did take two tsp fulls of some pain med around 8:00 PM. I even managed to throw three slices of pizza in the oven for Chris...and, serve. It's fine as long as I move slow.

I know one thing. My Surgical Team were on top of there game. They were being audited. Inspected by the Government. As they were wheeling me in the surgical room A lovely woman shook my hand and introduced herself as the Medical Director of the Operating Room. She said, "I know this is not the best time to ask this, but...Do you mind if the Inspection team from the Government (FDA like, I guess) sit in on your operation, and watch?!?! roll.gif

Do I have a star on my far-head! At work I run around CONSTANTLY getting my Dept. ready for ALL our FDA Inspections...Important Tours...I'm the one. I can't escape Governmental Inspections. So I said "Yea. What the hell. Now I know that Surgical Team was on top of their game!"

Crazy......That is about it from me for now. Thank you for your prayers & thoughts & advice. I'm good!!

thumbsup.gif

Good luck to all the remaining October Bandsters. The gas is much better today. Mine settled in my back along one shoulder blade. It wasn't excrutiating. Just uncomfortable. I walked slowly around the house last night which must have helped. I only did a few little burps...so I guess it's not all that dramatic for me. I wish you all good experiences!

My surgery was yesterday and it was pretty easy. No nausea, no gas so far...so I am relieved. It's a bit difficult to get out of bed and almost impossible to pick up the newspapers off the floor :biggrin: so I will have to get more tidy!

The pain medicine makes me incredibly sleepy, so I tried liquid children's tylenol this am and that seems to work fine. The pain all seems to be at the port area. But entirely tolerable, and I am a wimp.

Popsicles are wonderful, and I managed to have a Protein Drink just now, and added a little cold coffee to it just because of the withdrawal issues. Hope it doesn't upset my tiny tummy...

Just delighted to be through with this and on to the next...I don't go back to the dr. until next Wednesday, just Clear Liquids and Protein Drinks til then.

Hope everyone does as well. It's comforting to be a part of this little community.

Gah! I went in for my pre-op appointment on 10/14 and they had me down for the wrong surgery! So...it's been moved back to 11/6. Ugh.

Taos - I didn't have any gas either. I am so thankful!!! I sneezed yesterday which was a bit painful but am OK.

Are you hungry??

Hello All!!

Sending Hug and Well Wishes for all who have been banded this week and are on their way to Band-Land!! I was so crazy I could barely think straight a few days before the surgery - it was soooo worth it!

So far, it has really been a wonderful trip for me! Haven't been really hungry yet, which is good. Still sticking to cream Soups, eggs (scrambed), cheese, Protein drinks, SF/FF popsicles, SF/FF pudding, crystal light, coffee and as much Water as I can. Getting ready to add a few very soft veggies into the mix.

Have been doing lots o walking and I'm chewing some tasty post-bariatric Vitamins DH got me from Walgreens. By Isopure - I believe.

This is my second day back at work - I was worn out when I made it home last night! And I don't have a stressful job at all! :biggrin:

I was walking through the hall today (we have to do lots of walking through this facility... which is good), but I was saying to myself - can't believe I've been thinking about this for over 4 years! I am FINALLY Banded! Whoot!:smile::lol::eek:

Best of luck to all of you... you may be worrying now, but - you'll be just fine when it's finally over!

I see that a great deal of folks on here use the Unjury. Can anyone tell me what is so good about them? What makes them better than regular whey Protein? Just wondering...I go for my nutrition class on Wednesday so I was kinda looking for a better (not necessarily) cheaper alternative.

Thank you guys~~

I was wondering the same thing about the unjury protien! I just tried a sample pack of stuff from GNC this morning and it is 60 dollars for a bottle of it and I did not like the taste at all. I am scared I am going to starve after the surgery because I can't find anything that taste like something I can do everyday!!

Hi,

I just wanted to tell you how much my daughter-in-law and I both like Unjury. If you buy it at unjury.com it is shipped quickly. I also noticed that it was higher priced on other web sites so do your homework! I would recommend buying chocolate and vanilla. I mix mine with 1% milk. Sometimes I have it plain and other times I add "extras". You can add some coffee to the chocolate to make a mocha drink and the vanilla you can add lots of goodies. I like vanilla mixed with the frozen strawberry "Fruit Chillers". Both are good mixed with banana. When you are on the clear liquid diet you can mix the unflavored with your Jello to get extra protein. I have also mixed some of the chicken Soup Unjury with mashed potatoes. I will use it during my "mushies" stage to add flavor. It is a little more expensive than some others but oh so easy to get down. That is worth it to me. They have lots of recipes so you don't feel you have to drink the same thing day after day.

ME TOOO

Hi everyone I just got a call today that my surgery is on th 29th so I get to join the group. I have to start pre op tomorrow so we will see how well I love the shakes :biggrin:

Sandielaw--I'm so sorry! :grouphug:

Good luck to all of us for tomorrow. I will be thinking of each of you: annecolorgreen; jogirl; fortunate1; lorilei; purplesloane; BootyBee; Little Bit; imamld3; morph521; kjhack; mcornejo1983

I've lost 10 lbs pre-op.

~~anne

I have a question, I hear everyone saying that they have been on a pre-op diet for 1-3 weeks, but my doc told me just clears for 24 hours, why havent I been put on a pre-op diet? Is it due to me not having a gall bladder? Also were you outpatient or did you stay overnight, my doc stated they will not know until after the surgery if I stay or leave the same day. I have been watching you-tube for people who had the lap band, and so far the one constant thing they have said is that you need to eat correctly. I will be banded on Oct 28th, I am excited and nervous, because I know this is a life change, but I am starting to question is my mind ready for it? I am still some foods that are bad for me.....I know I can do this.....but am i mentally prepared?

Mesaucy,

I don't have a pre-op diet as well. My doc said all my labs were normal, so I didn't need one. I was there for my nutrition appointment today, so I asked them 3 times if this was right and they said I was right, no pre-op diet. *shrugs* I'm going to enjoy a nice dinner with my husband on Monday, but I think I'll do liquids all day Tuesday just to be sure, and then I get banded on Weds :grouphug:

Hi Everybody! I'm an October Bandster. I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow @ 11:30. Yeah Babee! :grouphug: I pray that everyone does well. The start of a new!