Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

lorilei

glad your daughter-in-law is doing good. i know you are anxious for your surgery. 6 more days for me

Little Bit,

My daughter-in-law was even painting walls on her 3rd day after surgery. No bending or being on ladders. Just the middle that she could reach and she left the rest for others to paint. I pray we do as well. I will keep in touch with you.

I definitely couldn't have gone back to work. I couldn't get up and down from a chair by myself. However, it seems like some people are able to! Good luck with your surgery!

Congratulations to everyone that has had their surgery!!:eek::scared2:

I am scheduled for the 28th and starting the liquid pre-op diet on Tuesday, 10/22. I am dreading the diet more than I am anxious abut the surgery, but I guess that will change on the morning of the 28th. :w00t: :smile: I am excited to be on this band journey and really excited about where it is going to take me. My 39th birthday is on the 26th, so having surgery on the 28th and like a special b-day gift that I am giving myself. :) I look forward to where this next year is going to take me and really look forward to what I am going to be able to accomplish with the help of the band. :scared2:

Michele--you will have SUCH a wonderful 40th birthday! Just think how much better you will feel next year as compared to this one? For my 40th, my dh and I took a long weekend trip to San Francisco. I had a great time but was limited in what I could do physically (not to mention the plane ride and bus trip for the tour we went on being uncomfortable). I really wanted to go to Alcatraz but knew I couldn't handle being on my feet that long. Sad, huh?

I think you should plan something really special NOW to do on your 40th! You are giving yourself the best gift this year :w00t:.

~~anne

List update :biggrin::

October 1- shanna234; salome000; wvprisonrn; 9pdmnm5; linro123; Meschultz; Elfaba thegood; LINRO123

October 2-Vidahlia; NEWLIFE4BEV; mrsrdh; mamac; kdraves; emialiabri; markfarnsworth; Bratty_Nicole; Carriejess; Terry in KY

October 3-Miss Undastood; SaraJaneQ; LoneStarLoser; Cyndi2464; purplerose; brandie; garysmithey; Ara; Mistydaz; atomanne

October 6-Odawa; DeeH; sim78; bandedCG; sweetgothic; daydreamer1; artistapril; roxann; MississippiGirl; trinaj; JerryBlade; SeaSide

October 7-nighttart6; melboyd; EllindaGreek; NFaith; PandorasMom; Betelnut; mimilou; mark2842; lula23; harleyc; odawa ; short n' sassy; longhorn girl; cellis82; grannytwinkie; Sooner; Bama2; NFaith; MJay

October 8-austex; LoveIslovely; karebare714; birchmoon; tiaj; lisalef; goosefraba; renita; socalcass; Toosywoots; MaryBnSC; cheryl1952; greg72

October 9-Izzyd; Mamacj; triciat; karenk; saninbham; imlindal46

October 10- morkiecoco; MomDukes58; BikiniBeachy; VEEJEE07; Monkeyband

October 11-mama g

October 13-myturn0421; lindatatu; vandih; fabnatsdiva; msk1968; travelinsorkel; missundastood; clv811; wifepilot; longhornmom; ctoyooka; suzanna; myturn; DC Girl; dcorna

October 14-MyTurn; cstauble; bimbabe; BobbieND; crimsondawn; leannmorton; mamary5; sexievilyellow; nrpnrp; toots2008; caladonia41;Tyme2GetRite; Txnurse; up & adam; TJ1; hunnybunny3

October 15-rulooknatme; gritar; cheryl1952; alteration; animalover; ihadtodoit

October 16-SickNTired; SanMateoDae; Bino; angelx5; tracie30; maggiehpp; msavoy4901; bemused; nayray13; deb’s journey; Scooby; jendenni; Scorpyian1; luv2bslim; lori ann; tracie30

October 17-Lshelley21; josiegurl; shadowland; newgrama0904; swalesfcc; hersheymalone; javabeans; skylady

October 18-sweepyxx

October 20-nazzy; Ruby124; LynnN; Soupamom; taosgal; karook54; GratefulHeart

October 21-SnowWhite760; Vickie; gottabthin; cyndyg; rondapooh1;HelloPenny; sveltelady; swpaintdiva; SnowBabymb; hallfamilyx2; ambogrl; neophyteguy

October 22-annecolorgreen; jogirl; fortunate1; sandielaw; lorilei; purplesloane; BootyBee; Little Bit; imamld3; morph521; kjhack; mcornejo1983

October 23- blueangelkc80; bugginbri; Oregonirish55

October 24-illinoishusker; bradley18; tyme2getrite; ktravel; tas; likebefore; ~Jenni~; DMULLENIX; kellypup; JMignott

October 25-Holly718

October 27- ebonie1015; alabamagirl1975; dicustr413; suziq53

October 28-Michele777; Rosie Sage

October 29-knickerbocker; ~Bridgette~; SCTexasGirl; julie.ann; lauriel; dirigo; CMTurner; sunwyse; Altoonasoup; chrisfer1;wvgal33; gracie78; Tamisha; Road less traveled; debbie brooks; tomatogirl; vicbrad; mvane08

October 30-kygirl31;Slim2bnik

October 31-watermum; lambgram

HI im getting banded on oct 31 in belgium by dr chris de bruyne.

...Best wishes to everyone! I am hoping for a quick recovery. Anyone find that they could go back to work for a few hours a day after three or four days post surgery?

Hey Taos! I was banded Thursday and never really had any horrible pain, thankfully. I feel very lucky! I could definitely go back to work tomorrow but I've already asked off for 2 weeks and saved the vacation time so I'm going to just stay home and recoop and be a bum! The hospital gave me ice to put on my incisions which I really do believe helped. I stayed overnight so I had 2 blood thinner injections, 1 injection of Pepcid, bags of saline, and 2 bags of antibiotics. I had one small pain the first time I walked due to gas but that's all. I don't know how I got so lucky but I am very grateful! I even slept on my left side a little that first night. I came home earlyish Friday. I've only been taking the pain meds to sleep at night b/c I just really don't think I need them! (Not b/c I'm being a martyr!)

You'll do well! Then you too can come back and tell the others how yours went!

PS - I am bitter that I've only lost 1 pound since I began liquids on Tuesday tho!!! :biggrin:

My only disappointment was that I actually gained weight at the hospital. Of course I was only eating broth and Jello but they pumped me with so many IV's as well as the air they used during surgery. I have lost all that now plus a small amount more. I will see what tomorrow brings but I expect a couple pound drop because I was very active this weekend and feel certain I got rid of all the extra fluids.

BTW...during my surgery they discovered a hiatal hernia which they repaired. That did not seem to influence recovery at all. I am doing very well.

Don't worry is you do not lose at first. It may be a good idea not to weigh for a week after surgery but I know it is one of the first things you want to do, at least it was for me.

Edited by NormaRae
grammar error

congrats to all that just had their surgeries!!! and good luck to the ones having theirs next week!!! mine will be on wednesday. i am getting so nervous. 11th day on liquids. each day seems to get a little harder. my stomach is realllllly making loud noises now.

i'm going to be having my surgery in st. louis where my sister lives, she is going to spend the night in the hospital with me, they provide beds for your guest. they prefer that someone stays with you. i'm glad. since i live 3 hrs. from her and have to see the doctor in a week, i'm going to spend the week with her.

she is wanting me to go to the "apple blossom festival" with her on saturday. there will be a lot of walking, but there will be benches in different areas so you can rest. will i be able to do much walking 3 days after the surgery????

naz-don't freak yourself out. the worst part for me was the lady getting the IV into my arm! I'm very lucky and have very little pain. you'll do fine!!!