Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Hey everyone! I know that October seems like forever away, but I was just seeing if there is anyone out there that wants some help and support through the long days leading up to the best thing that will every happen to us!? Can't wait to hear some support and excitement.

I think I am looking at an early October date (possibly October 3rd, hopefully.) I am a self-pay and trying to get my money within the next week. I have been working at this since May. Wish me luck!

Hi! I'm being banded Oct. 1. Yay! October does seem forever away but I'm sure Sept. will fly by. I am excited, anxious, nervous and concerned all at once. Would love to keep in touch. :angry:

I have my first appointment for the all day testing on September 4th. Then they wil set me up for cardio testing/pulmonary function test. My 6th month diet dr's appointment is September 17th. I will be scheduled to see the surgeon after that so I figure they will set me up in October sometime. My birthday is October 15th. I will be 56 years old. I pray this will be a new beginning for me to finally be healthy and to be able to enjoy everyday. My sleep apnea has really brought my health down.

Cheryl

Hey there!

Yes I got my approval and date last week. I am very excited, nervous, scared and feeling all of the emotions! It was very difficult just to make it this far because of Insurance problems.

So I will be looking forward to sharing experiences and learning from all of you!

thanks, Jeni

I got my surgery date yesterday. Friday October 3rd. I very excited and happy and im ready to get it going. Im gonna try to stay positive. But im sure that as my date gets closer im gonna start getting jitters. Good luck to everyone.

I am in the process of getting approved, but I'm hoping to get banded on October 13th or 15th. I'm going to my psych eval on Monday, and if that's all good, then I visit with my surgeon and we send stuff in for insurance approval. :sad: It should take up to 14 days to hear back from insurance (I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield). So I hope to get everything going & get approved so I can have a set date! It seems far away now, but it will be here before we know it!! :angry:

My day is October 22, I am self-paid, so I picked my date! I work in seasonal industry, so we should be slow enough. So I will be able to take enough time off. I am so excited...I can't wait...a whole winter season to work on a new me!!

I too am on self-pay. Fortunately I was approved for 100% financing so I look at as pretty much purchasing another car! LOL! Good luck on your financial standings and keep me posted! I would love to talk more with you about this journey.

I know what you mean! I am beginning to understand why people have their surgery within weeks of chosing the surgery. I am going nuts. It is pretty much all that I think about.

Have any of you been worried that the date is so far. I have been reading countless books and many have said that they can sometimes gain weight before the surgery. I know that I am bigger than ever and don't want this to happen. Any thoughts of how to keep my bad habits out of my mind and mouth?

Hi Everyone,

I am certainly hoping to be an October bander. I have Aetna and have documentation from doc since April. I am hoping for a quick approval....as many I am sure are snickering!

Have a 35 BMI with HTN. Im trying to be optimistic.

Keeping my fingers crossed. I will know more on the 29th,

Sue

weight.png

Edited by sue129