Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Hi fellow Pumpkins... :eek:

I just wanted to say that I am feeling great 20 days after surgery! I did have a little nausea this morning but that's just about gone. I think it might have to do with eating some scampi that my husband made last night. My first shrimp and i know i should have waited on it but he makes the best!! so i only had about 5 pieces. :eek:

I have been walking everyday and really don't miss diet cokes or fast food at all! even tho i have only lost 17 lbs, i feel so much lighter on my feet but the only thing that bums me out is that my husband doesn't notice the loss yet ... because he sees me everyday and night but other ppl have and that I LOVE!!!

Good luck and thoughts to those who are being banded this week and to all those banded in October !!:thumbup:

Hey Ronda! Good to hear you are feeling well, too. Sounds like we feel about the same.

I was just going to tell you that my Bariatric Coordinator Nurse said the "growling" in the lower stomach was from swallowing air. Mine is growling too. She said you should feel hunger in the middle of your chest. That it is different and takes awhile to get use to.

Not real sure if I believer her! But that is what she said!

I believe her. I know when to eat more slowly or get up and walk before I finish because there is strong discomfort below and between my left rib and sternum. If I lie down and gently push in that area I can actually feel what I believe is full stomach pouch. :eek:

Best wishes and prayers today for: blueangelkc80; bugginbri; Oregonirish55; PrettyJenny tx

and for tomorrow..

illinoishusker; bradley18; tyme2getrite; ktravel; tas; likebefore; ~Jenni~; DMULLENIX; kellypup; JMignott

Thanks for all the encouragement for those who have already been banded!

~~anne

Did I eat something wrong?

My DT said that I could start protien shakes/thin Soups 48 hours after surgery. So, I had a little skin milk. I was ok. I had some (2 oz at most) really thin potato soup...felk ok. Then I had 3 oz of skim milk with a little protien powder in it. WOW...my chest is uncomfortable. I'm not drinking much at a time...maybe 3 oz over 30 minutes. So what did I do wrong? Is this normal?

How are you guys getting any calories down? I'm at like 235 today...and really don't feel like eating anything else. What is everyone doing?

Ronda, I am starting to think its air! I think you might feel it when there is pressure coming on by the food we are eating.

I try really hear to eat at least 800 calories. I am also not hungry at all, so its kind of a pain having to eat so much right now. IDK.

lets see i had when i woke up,a protien shake Unjury with skim milk,then a hour later a special k protien water.3 hrs later i had a yoplait light thickone,then at 2 pm slimfast low carb shake,then tonight i had some beef broth and im full,if i get hungry late ill have a sf pudding

Did I eat something wrong?

My DT said that I could start protien shakes/thin Soups 48 hours after surgery. So, I had a little skin milk. I was ok. I had some (2 oz at most) really thin potato soup...felk ok. Then I had 3 oz of skim milk with a little protien powder in it. WOW...my chest is uncomfortable. I'm not drinking much at a time...maybe 3 oz over 30 minutes. So what did I do wrong? Is this normal?

How are you guys getting any calories down? I'm at like 235 today...and really don't feel like eating anything else. What is everyone doing?

I have been averaging a little less than 500 calories a day and yes it is difficult to get it all in. I get uncomfortable too but I hope that is normal. Did you ask your doctor if it is normal? I have not. I don't really pay attention to calories. I have the realize band/web site and I mainly track Protein and let the software do the rest.

We are going out of town for the weekend for a gymnastics competition (lol...no I am not in it). I am a bit concerned about meals. I know we will be going to restaurants. I am afraid I will be sitting there with my cottage cheese or scrambled egg trying to get it all down and everyone will be finished and ready to go. Oh well, I will do my best!

I just wanted to let everyone know, my sugery went well and they were going to keep me overnight but i was doing so well they let me go home early. i am just really sore right now

Was banded 1021. Yipee. Thought the day would never come. I was able to only have ice chips on surgery day. 2nd day when I came home I had a little EAS Protein Drink and a liitle broth. Tried to drink Water during the day but didn't really feel like it. However today I drank on a 42 gram Protein drink, 32 oz of water and 1 cup of chkn broth with some Protein Powder in it. I am sore but haven't had any gas pains - does this come later or was it just sugery day? When is the sorest day? I am wanting to get back to work (light duty) on monday...

Ronda... 3 oz sounds like a little too much to me. Everything that was given to me said no more than 2 oz. But that may be my pouch and not yours.

I can't even have full liquids till Saturday! 3 full days of Clear Liquids for me.

My Bariatric Coordinator Nurse suggested that for Protein Drinks including Soup, to make 6 oz at a time and sip it over a 3 hour period. And by sip she meant sip! She said to practice sipping with a small teaspoon.

And, Good Lord, I am gassy! Haven't had a BM but I sure am noisy!

Hi fellow Pumpkins... :wink_smile:

I just wanted to say that I am feeling great 20 days after surgery! I did have a little nausea this morning but that's just about gone. I think it might have to do with eating some scampi that my husband made last night. My first shrimp and i know i should have waited on it but he makes the best!! so i only had about 5 pieces. :biggrin:

I have been walking everyday and really don't miss diet cokes or fast food at all! even tho i have only lost 17 lbs, i feel so much lighter on my feet but the only thing that bums me out is that my husband doesn't notice the loss yet ... because he sees me everyday and night but other ppl have and that I LOVE!!!

Good luck and thoughts to those who are being banded this week and to all those banded in October !!:mellow:

Congratulations...my date is Monday 10/27!!!

God speed to your recovery!

Hi fellow Pumpkins... :wink_smile:

I just wanted to say that I am feeling great 20 days after surgery! I did have a little nausea this morning but that's just about gone. I think it might have to do with eating some scampi that my husband made last night. My first shrimp and i know i should have waited on it but he makes the best!! so i only had about 5 pieces. :biggrin:

Good luck and thoughts to those who are being banded this week and to all those banded in October !!:mellow:

Congratulations...my date is Monday 10/27!!!

God speed to your recovery!

Hey would someone tell how to get the lil tickerfactory thingy on my profile or signature? I wanna keep with my weight too.