Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Glad we are so much alike Ronda.

You are absolutely, right. And I know this, too. We have no reason to be grumpy! I booked a 7 day cruise today for when my Husband returns from being deployed today!

I HATE obsessing about food. I HATE IT! That's probably why I was over 300lbs! I love food. My world revolves around food. I went to college for food. My career is food. All I do all day is read recipes on web-sites and critique them for people. So I didn't obsess about what I was eating. I just ate.

However, I did start a really healthy lifestyle before I got the lap band, and it was pretty exciting. And, some of the most amazing recipes I see every day are perfect for this new healthy lifestyle but I can't enjoy any of them yet. Just store them up and wait! I am excited to get back to my healthy lifestyle. This doesn't feel healthy to me. I know I am starving and so does my body.

I did eat some SF Jello. Think 20 calories did anything?!?! LoL

Ha..I use to think that pudding was a treat. Now, it's just something to fill the pouch. LOL. ick.

How about trying a custard? I found a few sugar free ones that look promising. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow and see if it's any good. As for those recipies, share girl. We can dream together. hehe.

As for the cruise...lucky girl. We haven't went on one in a couple of years and now you've got me in a mood. I think I'll look for one for spring. Have a good night!!!!

Hi everybody. I was banded at 7:30 on Weds morning and am doing well. I've been walking around and moving my shoulders while walking and haven't really had any bad gas issues (yet). I've gotten in my Protein yesterday and that was good. I'm taking my percocet on a regular basis to not hurt too much, but the pain in the abdominal port area is pretty bad if I move around too much.

Also, it is uncomfortable to lie down to sleep, so most of my sleeping is in my easy chair with pillows propped behind me. Well, it's not so much the lying down that hurts, but the sitting back up to get up. So I just avoid it, LOL. So, I'm napping rather than sleeping, but that's ok.

Just wanted to check in with y'all. All's well here in bandland for me, so far. Loving my tool! Can't believe it's finally in me! :teeth_smile: YAY!!!

WoW Ronda,

You stated the situation very well! When I gained weight during surgery my doc said it takes week to ten days for the weight to settle down. I bet by Monday you will be seeing about the correct weight.

I am down a total of 19 pounds since 10-1-08. That's a month today. I feel way better already. My husband was walking behind me and mentioned my...ahh fanny...is smaller. YES!

What cook book did you buy that you liked for bariatric surgical patients?

Hi guys.. I'm new here. I got banded on the 10th of october:) my journey quite simple. I heard about it and i read cant it. I'm a nurse and working in saudi arabia:) the hospital I'm working at.. Doing this surgery. But i dont trust enough to let them do it;) i went home (which is malaysia) for holiday. Went to see this doctor which i have been contacting through email on the 8th. Admitted to the hospital on the 9th and had my surgery on the 10th:) i was home by 11th. What do you think? Crazy?

Actually my journey not just quite simple but too simple:) i've been reading on how complicated journey you guys been through just to get there. Its kinda scare me. I never been to any support group. No pre op preparation either. I had chocolate milk on my 2nd day post op. solid food on my 3rd;) so far no complication.. Thank god for that.. I've lost 5kg so far.. But according to what i read in here.. I dont think I'm right eating food. I'm eating pretzel now;)

Well, I did it.

On Oct. 28th, went to the hospital at 5:30 AM; went into surgery about 7:30 AM, I was the first one that day. Went home on the 29th about 10:30 AM.

What realy suprised me, was they did not have me walking at anytime while I was there. I sure did a lot of sleeping. I did a lot of sleeping the last two days a home also. Today 31st. I'll try not to sleep so much because I'm not getting enough protien in yet.

Over all I'm doing very good. Very little pain. I have been full of gas myself sense I came home, that's what made me very uncomfortable, but the gas is starting to come out now and am feeling much better.

Pre and post-op weight loss is 12 lbs. Very happy about that. I'll start on Full liquid Nov. 1st.

That's it for now,

Don

well honey thats a a cool story.but arent u afarid eating real food so soon?i have to wait near thanksgiving to have mine,i got banded oct20th/wish u luck tho

You will find the the after care and post-op diets vary greatly outside the United States. Even the Mexico Doctors are a lot more lenient.

Usually it's liquids for the first three days to a week and then they start introducing full liquids and mushie solids.

I have a friend that was banded in Mexico and was having full liquids on the 3rd day.

It's all over the board. And here in the USA. Doctor's are ULTRA-SUPER cautious because of malpractice. If you do what they instruct you to do, then you should heal with no issues. If you start eating too soon and it causes vomiting, which in turns causing slippage. Technically you could sue and say "They didn't tell me not to eat that !"

Malpractice is a real issue in the USA.

Edited by HelloPenny

It truly amazes me on all the differences between the length of the hospitial stay and the diets.One would think that there would be some uniformity being they are all the same surgerys. Didnt all theses dr.s learn the same thing when the lapband was released. I was sent home 2hrs after surgery with a script for liquid pain killers. Dont get me wrong i wanted to come home and sleep in my own bed. I am trying real hard staying true to my diet. But I also feel hungry at night (which is a big reason why i am so over weight). But getting the lapband didnt do anything for my stress and I am a stress eater. My daughter moved in with her to kids I now have 5 kids 6yrs to 5months. and she decides to go on a cruise. See the stress.. On an upward note I am losing weight and feeling much better. My daughter told me ur getting pretty big momma.. (i think its a compliment lol). The best thing for me is Be happy and "life is what YOU make it" as my mom always says. So peeps lets be happy and Celebrate that we are smashing pumpkins!!!!!!!

Hello all just wanted to up date it's been 1 week and 2 days and i'm doing great down 11lbs total and am very happy 1 more week on liquids.... it not as bad as i thought it would be i guess im just so thankful to GOD for keeping me so focused on my goal thus far so until latter my GOD add a blessing to your lives.:smile2:

nrpnrp...the book I bought was "Eating well after weight loss surgery". At first, I thought it was way too simple. I mean, I know how to make a fritata and a quiche. Then, I started digging into each recipe. I really like it. It also shows you which recipes you can eat when. As in, no Broccoli during the first 4 weeks due to gas. Yet, zuccuni custards can be had after week 1. Well, that sounds so much better than Soup. Yes, you still have to puree, but it's the different flavors and textures I'm looking for. Since the author has a lapband, it also makes me feel alot better. I can actually see myself eating her recipies. YUM!!! She has recipies for soup, beef, chicken, lamb, pork and fish in there as well as really good side dishes. Actually, tomorrow I'm going to make on of the dishes tomorrow for my family. I read it to my hubby and he said "yum." LOL Take care all.

Hi Rondapoo,

I like what you wrote, we have all been there but so far I have lost good but maybe I'm not eating enough Protein because I still drink my Unjury 3 times a day and it's full of protein so I just got hungry for chicken yesterday, so I had some. I was banded 10-15 so I'm 2 wks out. Again, enjoyed your writings, stand strong, know that you can write your feelings anytime. Where is Temple, Ga.? I'm from Bainbridge, Ga.

Mary

mstone41@bellsouth.net

I am in West Georgia! Keep going 30 minutes past six flags and you'll hit me. :smile2: Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I'm just trying not to stress and keep on healing. Thanks again!!!