Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

We should lose 1-2 pounds a week. As long as I do that, I will be happy. I hope that with a regular, slow weight loss that I won't have skin issues (just hoping!).

Penny--that was SO nice of the doctor to buy that for you! How sweet!

I had an experience at bible study this week that was interesting. I've been out three weeks for various reasons (including my surgery). The unintended rumor was that I was having knee surgery. When I went back, someone from the group said, "so, you had knee surgery?"...pause...then me, "uh no, actually"...pause...then I said, "------- got mixed up"...long pause...then other conversation resumed! My friend who had started the rumor unintentionally about died! She was like "I just kept thinking--please, someone, change the subject!".

I just don't want everyone "watching" me eat.

Enjoy your weekend!

~~anne

That's all I'm hoping for is the 1-2 lbs. a week. The first week post-op I lost quite a bit because of the liquid diet. But I know it will slow down.

Its great when your kids are so proud of you. My son was mad at first when I wanted the surgery...he said he liked me the way I was and didn't want me to feel I had to be thin like models. Once I explain the health issues, he's been a big support...now if I could just get him to clean his room :eek:...but with teenagers you take what you can get.

I just posted this on a new thread that started not to long ago:

Re: First patients to have Realize...let's hear from you!

I just had my realize Band surgery on 10-28-08, went home the next day. So far I have lost 19 lbs. I'm still in the Full luquid stage. (Ninaflowerlady - (Nina) is my wife and is being very supportive. I have not had any problems yet.

I have not recieved my Patient ID No. yet, should recieve it soon, so am not able axcesed the whole website yet.

So far so good,

PS: My 1st. Post-op meeting withe Doc went very good. He took off the little bandages that was on top of what looked like nylon reinforced tape. I'm asumming that's what held the incizes together. I'l be taking them of soon. a couple fell off already. The Doc was very happy with my progress.

Don

You only had a little over 70 lbs t lose? How lucky you are- youre not far from your goal. Keep in mind that the heavier you are, the faster you will lose in the beginning. I was 258 the day of surgery on Oct 16 and have lost 14 lbs since then, but that because i'm a lot heavier than you. Be glad you only have 65 lbs to go. I have about 100. Youre doin great-dont worry!

ok I am 9 days out and i ate 5 tablespoons of instant mashed potatoes....I couldn't help it! is this going to hurt me? of course now i did it Im worried....:blink:

:(:thumbup:Thanks so much for the encouragement, I was banded 10-15, I seem to have some restriction but I have come to a stand still on my weight but I do see inches coming off. As you said, after I get my band working properly by having my first fill, I will start loosing better. My fill date is 12-01-08. Thanks Again

It's great to see so many of us commenting on this thread!

Monday is my month anniversary and I couldn't be happier!

Continued good luck to everyone.

I have come to a standstill too! It is frustrating, but I'm looking forward to my first fill. I just started regular foods yesterday and am trying really hard to limit my food intake and get enough exercise. Definitely isn't easy!

Ok I am a little frustrated right now. I went out to dinner and the waitress was saying how she's lost so much weight and my cute little daughter says my Mom lost 24lbs. She had surgery. Well the waitress says "Well I did the hard way". What nerve.:( and my DH says you have to give her credit. Yes and I think I deserve just as much credit! Can you believe that. Like what I'm going thru and what I'm doing isn't hard. I still have an open wound and it's been 2 1/2 weeks.

Sorry I just needed to vent a little.

Cyndy,

I am so sorry that happened to you. Some people don't think beyond themselves. That waitress was just trying to build herself up. Besides that, most of us had have lost that much weight and more on our own but we don't keep it off.

You (we) have chosen a method that has proven to have long term success but it still requires a lot of effort on our part. Be proud of all you have done. Your future is bright and you will maintain your lose so much easier than the waitress.

Obviously your daughter is proud of what you have done so far. You are blessed with a wonderful family.

My surgery was on 10/14. I had a post-op visit on 11/05 which was an educational group meeting on what we should be eating. Then we went to the doc's office to weigh in and have him see how we are doing. I was scheduled to have a fill on 11/14 but he decided to do it then and there. I think that was good because I did not have time to worry about it. It was totally painless. I was so pleasantly surprised. My fill was for 3cc. I can tell some difference. My next fill is scheduled for 1/14 but the doc said I may want to have it sooner and just call and schedule the fill when I am ready.

This keeps getting easier. I just hope I don't get complacent about it, that could get me into trouble.

I can not seem to motivate myself to exercise. I would love to find an exercise buddy. Anyone in the Joliet, IL area looking for an exercise buddy?:(

I was banded on 10/31 and i am now 10 days out. I am so scared because I threw up tonight and now i am scared to death the band slipped. I didn't feel my stomach move it felt like it came from my esophagus... how can you tell if the band slipped? Do you think it did ? I am so nervous...

It's not THAT easy to slip your band, Molly. If it were, hundreds of pregnant women would be screwed.

Oh Thank god... They have me so scared I am afraid to eat anything until my 3 weeks are up...LOL thanks!

:rolleyes2:

3 weeks after my band I saw the doc. I told him I was afraid the band had slipped because I could not feel any restriction any more. He said no, it's just that the swelling from surgery was gone. He also said that fear of the band slipping was one of the primary things he hears from patients and that actually slipping is very rare.

I think we all go through some thoughts of slippage and some of the other possible problems. Don't worry, be happy!

Hello Mollyjo, i'm about 15days post-op and like yourself at about 9dayspost-op i also had about 3 tablespoons of mashed potatoes, but did not throw up and feel fine. Do you feel like you threw up because of the mashed potatoes ?