Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

I was banded 10/24 and am healed I think. I'm on soft foods and I can eat anything if I choose to. I hate that.

I'm holding to 21lbs down, but have not moved it in over a week and a half.

My first fill is dec. 1st and I really want it to make some difference.

A very proud moment for me is that I've been off of Coke Zero and caffeine for 23 days. This is huge for me. I miss it a lot.

I need to exercise more. It has gotten cold and I don't want to walk outside. Plus I want to join this gym, but I've always failed that and don't want to waste money at this time of the year.

sigh.

On my port site, where the scar is, I feel like it's thicker there. Doesn't really hurt, just feels bulky. hmm?

Thanks Mary.......

Unfortuanately, I am not having a problem with eating anything. i can eat chicken, cooked vegies, Pasta as long as it's soft, english muffin, eggs, mexican foods etc.....

I can't wait until I get some restriction!

My weight is just holding steady although I know I am losing inches.

Hello Mollyjo, i'm about 15days post-op and like yourself at about 9dayspost-op i also had about 3 tablespoons of mashed potatoes, but did not throw up and feel fine. Do you feel like you threw up because of the mashed potatoes ?

Just checking in to see how you are doing?? Keep up the good work!!

MJ:thumbup:

Hi everyone just checking in.

Its been 4 weeks since my band and i am doing ok. Weight loss is steady which i am happy about and getting my fill 22nd december. Hope everyone is doing ok.

wendx

Hello All, Mollyjo i'm doing well. i'm almost a month post-op and almost able to have soft foods. very frustrated and tired of this liquid stuff, enough is enough already...ugh ! i am really confused on how the post-op diets vary so much between the different people. how some don't even have a pre-op liquid diet and barley a post-op diet and get fills 3 weeks after surgery ? WOW i wish i could of had a fill before Thanksgiving, it's too much of a temptation that i don't feel i can win. so i've already decide that if i do go off the diet to at least pick low calorie,low carb, low everything, high Protein stuff and be done with it. i'll start over the next day ! My first fill is Dec.1st and i'm down about 28lbs. so i guess i'll take that and put it in my motivation tank to continue on..lol

Dr.Ernest C. Rehnke

Palms Of Pasadena

St.Petersburg, Fl.

Okay..I haven't been to this site in a long while. But glad I stopped by today. I, too, along with many of you have absolutely no restriction. I have been depressed because I have felt like I've put my family in debt for 15K dollars for another flippin thing that hasnt' worked. I've lost a total of 31 lbs...but has nothing to do with the band...it is from sticking to a liquid diet. I had my surgery October 6. I started back today on only eating one meal a day and doing slimfast in the morning and evening. I'm just not motivated. I feel normal. I dont' feel like I have a band at all. I'm proud that I've kept what weight i've lost off....but again...do ya'll think I'll feel differently when I get a band...i'm just so hungry all the time.... Please Help Me! :tongue::( Is this what they refer to as "Bandster Hell"??

Hello All, Mollyjo i'm doing well. i'm almost a month post-op and almost able to have soft foods. very frustrated and tired of this liquid stuff, enough is enough already...ugh ! i am really confused on how the post-op diets vary so much between the different people. how some don't even have a pre-op liquid diet and barley a post-op diet and get fills 3 weeks after surgery ? WOW i wish i could of had a fill before Thanksgiving, it's too much of a temptation that i don't feel i can win. so i've already decide that if i do go off the diet to at least pick low calorie,low carb, low everything, high Protein stuff and be done with it. i'll start over the next day ! My first fill is Dec.1st and i'm down about 28lbs. so i guess i'll take that and put it in my motivation tank to continue on..lol

I am glad to hear you are doing do well! I agree all the diets are different? it is confusing to say the least! I was banded 10/30 and tomorrow will mark 3 weeks of liquids and i can start regular foods tomorrow! I have only lost 10 pounds which makes me wonder why I haven't lost more when only eating Soup and broth? I did lost about 4 inches from my waist and my thighs are 1/2 the size so I guess it isn't all about the pounds? I think i should start to see a drop in pounds soon. My first fill should be around the 2nd week of december. I still feel full with a 3/4 cup serving of Soup so i guess i have enough restriction to last until the fill?

Keep in touch you are doing great!:(

Okay..I haven't been to this site in a long while. But glad I stopped by today. I, too, along with many of you have absolutely no restriction. I have been depressed because I have felt like I've put my family in debt for 15K dollars for another flippin thing that hasnt' worked. I've lost a total of 31 lbs...but has nothing to do with the band...it is from sticking to a liquid diet. I had my surgery October 6. I started back today on only eating one meal a day and doing slimfast in the morning and evening. I'm just not motivated. I feel normal. I dont' feel like I have a band at all. I'm proud that I've kept what weight i've lost off....but again...do ya'll think I'll feel differently when I get a band...i'm just so hungry all the time.... Please Help Me! :):( Is this what they refer to as "Bandster Hell"??

I'm not sure if it is bandster hell or not but 31 lbs is nothing to sneeze at! That is fantastic! How much longer before you can get a fill? Don't give up whatever you do!! You deserve this... :tongue:

Wow! 31 lbs!! :rolleyes2: That is Awesome!

I am sorry if you are feeling down... but you have done great!

I have a f/u appointment next week (day before Thanksgiving), I'll need to drive 3 1/2 hrs to Detroit; not sure if I'll get a fill or not... but, we will see.

I can feel myself definetly being hungry - but, I get a funny feeling in my throat when I am too full.

I know...but I keep thinking that if I would have done right the entire time it might would be 41 lbs...I started this "journey" almost 9 weeks ago...just tired of feeling hungry for 9 weeks and out of pocket the money...It'll be okay when I can feel the benefit of the surgery. I probably won't get a fill until January...if I'm lucky maybe December 10 when I go back...

I appreciate the encouragement!

NFAITH: I also drive a long ways...4 hours one way! But it'll be worth it!

Cottoy71 - We are really close, I'm in SJ.

My dr. told me weigh myself everyday. Is everyone else doing the same? It is a little discouraging. I stay the same, I go up 1/2 lb, then I go down 1 whole lb.

Susie

I was banded 10/24 and once I started mushies, I stopped losing. I can pretty much eat anything now (and it seems I do). I have been freaking out and called my doctor's office yesterday. I'm going away for Thanksgiving and the nurse said he won't do a fill if you're traveling so I plan to see him the first week of December to, hopefully, get my first fill. The nurse reassured me that this is all normal and that I shouldn't stress if I gain a pound or two (yikes!). I keep reminding myself, this is a marathon, not a sprint. My new mantra.

I was banded on 10/7. I just had my first fill yesterday. For those of you that haven't had this done, it was so easy. Not painful at all. The only thing I felt was kind of a bee sting when my doctor numbed the area with lidocaine. I thought he was still feeling around for the port and he was actually finishing up the fill.

Don't get discouraged about the lack of restriction and feeling like you can eat anything.From what I have been reading about the band this is to be expected for now and will probably not work its best until after the 2nd fill. We've taken years to put on this weight so we just need to hang in there a little longer for the weight to start really coming off. I am betting by Christmas, all of the Oct. bandsters should really start to see a difference.

We are going to make this happen and just think, by next spring, we are going to be looking fabulous!!!!

Thanks Sassy - I think you're right. My sister (8 years older than me) is getting banded 12/22 and she said to me this morning - I'm really looking forward to the summer. Do you feel any restriction from your fill? How much did they put in? My doctor told me last time that I had a "large" band (15 cc's) I haven't seen anything like that on this site and maybe I heard him wrong -- it's one of the things I want to check when I go back in December.

All the best to you.

I'm feeling some restriction. He took out 1/2 cc of air that he said probably occurred during surgery and then added 3.5 cc of saline. I was on liquids until lunch time today. I ate about 1/2 c. sweet potatoes and felt full. I was eating a lot more prior to the fill. I ate about noon and it is 2:13 now and not feeling hungry. He said that I may experience some swelling and once that goes down, I may find that I may need a second fill prior to my appointment Dec. 30. I could come as early as 2 weeks if I was feeling too hungry between meals. I am hoping that will do the trick and will hold me for a while.