Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

I was banded on Oct 8 and am just checking in. A bad cold or flu hit me a couple of weeks after surgery--no vomiting just a horrible head cold that caused a lot of coughing and sneezing. I was worried that my band would slip. I was able to eat more (a cup or more of soup) and when I am sick, I feel sorry for myself and used to eat more anyway.

I weighed myself two weeks ago and stayed the same after having huge weight losses of 10 pounds each week. I also had the edema return to my feet and I am not sure what causes it-the type 2 borderline diabetes or what? I have not taken my diabetic pill since surgery but may have to do that again. My fasting sugar count was 109 this morning. I am scheduled with my first fill on November 20th and I plan to discuss a lot with that doctor since my primary care doctor is of very little help by saying just check with your surgeon when I have questions.

So I panicked and began keeping track of calories, Protein, fats and carbs trying to keep it between the 800-1200 calories diet that the dietician said I would need to do. I weigh myself weekly on Thursday and this week I lost the 3 pounds. I am walking more too. So far this is like being on a regular diet and I do feel hungry at night mostly even with Snacks. I hope the fill changes all that.

hello everyone...i go for my first fill tomorrow. i was hoping that the fill was going to take my hunger away but doesnt soud like it....awww....I can eat anything i want except chicken. but i mean anything i am tyring really hard to be good. i will post tomorrow on my weight loss progress. my scales broke...haha..i hope things go better after fill...:thumbdown:

OK sorry if this is a stupid question.... I am 2 weeks out today and I ate lunch and dinner. I am still supposed to be on full liquids for one more week, I just couldn't stand it any more and broke down...

The fact that I could eat and was ok does that mean there is a problem with my band? I thought if you could eat that meant your band slipped?

I promise to be better tomorrow...

Well, I was able to start eating 1 to 1 1/2 cups of food right at my start of the stage 3, the muchies. Before I could only eat 1/2 cup.

We talk about the band slipping, but how do we really know? how does the dr know if they don't do an ultrasound at the time of your fill?

Please share how your first fills goes. Do they just do the fill and not check for anything else like placement?:tongue2:

Susie

Vickie - are you really from Wasilla, Alaska or is that a joke?

That is so cute--of course I'm from Wasilla. People should take a ride on that Bridge to Nowhere--come see us and then you will change your mind especially if you have to comute to Anchorage to go to work at 6 in the morning.:cool:

That is so cute--of course I'm from Wasilla. People should take a ride on that Bridge to Nowhere--come see us and then you will change your mind especially if you have to commute to Anchorage to go to work at 6 in the morning.:cool:

Funny!!!!! I can't imagine it's anymore annoying than general Atlanta traffic! ;) It took me well over an hour last night to go 14 miles. Awesome!

hello everyone...i go for my first fill tomorrow. i was hoping that the fill was going to take my hunger away but doesnt soud like it....awww....I can eat anything i want except chicken. but i mean anything i am tyring really hard to be good. i will post tomorrow on my weight loss progress. my scales broke...haha..i hope things go better after fill...:cool:

Hey! Just wondering how the fill went? Did it hurt? l'm such a baby...lol

OK sorry if this is a stupid question.... I am 2 weeks out today and I ate lunch and dinner. I am still supposed to be on full liquids for one more week, I just couldn't stand it any more and broke down...

The fact that I could eat and was ok does that mean there is a problem with my band? I thought if you could eat that meant your band slipped?

I promise to be better tomorrow...

Ok I'm like you.... I'm afraid my band will slip, but it's soooooo hard to go back to liquid, mushies! My Dr. says he fills at 6 wekks, that's another 2 weeks, waaaaaa

Ok I'm like you.... I'm afraid my band will slip, but it's soooooo hard to go back to liquid,mushies! My Dr. says he fills at 6 wekks, that's another 2 weeks, waaaaaa

I know it is... i did go back though..ate squash today all mushed up it was good. I have to learn to stop at the first sign of being full and not continue to eat like i used to. It is too uncomfortable. :thumbup: My doc says 6-8 weeks for a fill puts me right around the 2nd week of December. I can eat regular food this coming Wednesday and i am so nervous, i hope it goes OK.

I am only getting between 500-700 calories per day and have only lost 10 lbs, but the inches lost are about 4 from my waist alone so i will gladly take that. Hopefully the pounds will start to show on the scale soon. Good luck!:thumbup:

Hi there,

I was banded on October 16th and i do not feel any restriction. My first fill is not until Dec. 3rd. I am struggling and can eat everything just like before being banded.

I am exercising a lot more than I ever have and am beginning to feel more energy. I am loving that part as I was a sleeper before..........eat and sleep.......

I actually woke my husband up at 0630 and we took the dog for a walk at the park and we walked for over an hour!

Is any one else struggling? and how are you dealing with it?

Jeni

Hi there,

I was banded on October 16th and i do not feel any restriction. My first fill is not until Dec. 3rd. I am struggling and can eat everything just like before being banded.

I am exercising a lot more than I ever have and am beginning to feel more energy. I am loving that part as I was a sleeper before..........eat and sleep.......

I actually woke my husband up at 0630 and we took the dog for a walk at the park and we walked for over an hour!

Is any one else struggling? and how are you dealing with it?

Jeni

I was banded Oct 15th, I seem not to have a lot of restrictions eith but I call the nurse, she said he only put a half cc in the band until my first fill it won't be activated. I go 12-01 for my first fill. I still try to eat chicken, some cheese, no bread but I do eat saltines (5) for the crunchiness. I also drink 3 Protein Drinks a day. Have lost 2 lbs a wk. since banded but slowing down now. We'll do better after our fill, I'm sure!

Mary