Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

well tomarrows my big day and im siting here kinda being afraid about it,kinda dun huh

Good luck, Nazzy! Me to...:thumbup:

It's my turn tomorrow. I didn't have any problems with the pre-op diet. Gee, that makes me think I didn't do it right. I was excellent as far as my regular diet is concerned. I only had two Protein Shakes during the day. coffee, water..maybe a flavored water. Fat free sugar free pudding. If I cheated it might have been by having a little to much dinner. I hope my liver is in good shape.

Some of you guys sound like you are recuperating well. Ya-hoo! Good for you! I can't help feeling a little trepidation. I read to much. I guess I am thinking about the blood thinners...circulation. I am wondering if they are going to give me medication for a day or two concerning blood thinners. I am one day surgery. I'll be home by tomorrow night. I really don't want to develop a blood clot because I decided to have elective surgery.

I have been pretty calm. I guess this is not the time to over think stuff.

:biggrin:

Edited by Ruby124

Ruby124,

Don't over worry..easy for me to say now since my surgery was on Oct 8th.

I did the same thing..I have three kids, two with autism so all I kept thinking was what if something happens to me choosing an "elective" surgery, what will happen to my kids!

But, now that it is behind me I can say look how much longer I may live now to be here for my children :biggrin:

It will be fine, good luck to everyone who's surgery is coming up!

Renita

Oh Ruby, I hope I didn't scare you. My grandmother and mother have both had blood clots in their leg so that's why I got blood thinners. Do not panic!!!

The thoughts I had were: how did I do this to myself? But that's neither here nor there! I'm obese and gotta deal!

Guest BikiniBeachy

Hey guys, I am going to port in the October Oddessey thread as well, but any tips of pureed food? The thought of puree'ing (spelling?) meat, sounds absolutely so herendous, I don't know what to do! Any tips? Thanks guys, hope you are all healing well and getting mentally psyched for your surgery!

ruby

my dr. said that he will put special booties on my feet and something that is wrapped around my legs that pump air in and out and he will give me a blood thinner shot, all while i am in the surgery room. this is just a precaution to make sure that i get good circulation and to prevent blood clots. he just wants to be on the safe side. he makes his patients stay over night.

List update biggrin.gif:

October 1- shanna234; salome000; wvprisonrn; 9pdmnm5; linro123; Meschultz; Elfaba thegood; LINRO123

October 2-Vidahlia; NEWLIFE4BEV; mrsrdh; mamac; kdraves; emialiabri; markfarnsworth; Bratty_Nicole; Carriejess; Terry in KY

October 3-Miss Undastood; SaraJaneQ; LoneStarLoser; Cyndi2464; purplerose; brandie; garysmithey; Ara; Mistydaz; atomanne

October 6-Odawa; DeeH; sim78; bandedCG; sweetgothic; daydreamer1; artistapril; roxann; MississippiGirl; trinaj; JerryBlade; SeaSide

October 7-nighttart6; melboyd; EllindaGreek; NFaith; PandorasMom; Betelnut; mimilou; mark2842; lula23; harleyc; odawa ; short n' sassy; longhorn girl; cellis82; grannytwinkie; Sooner; Bama2; NFaith; MJay

October 8-austex; LoveIslovely; karebare714; birchmoon; tiaj; lisalef; goosefraba; renita; socalcass; Toosywoots; MaryBnSC; cheryl1952; greg72

October 9-Izzyd; Mamacj; triciat; karenk; saninbham; imlindal46

October 10- morkiecoco; MomDukes58; BikiniBeachy; VEEJEE07; Monkeyband

October 11-mama g

October 13-myturn0421; lindatatu; vandih; fabnatsdiva; msk1968; travelinsorkel; missundastood; clv811; wifepilot; longhornmom; ctoyooka; suzanna; myturn; DC Girl; dcorna

October 14-MyTurn; cstauble; bimbabe; BobbieND; crimsondawn; leannmorton; mamary5; sexievilyellow; nrpnrp; toots2008; caladonia41;Tyme2GetRite; Txnurse; up & adam; TJ1; hunnybunny3

October 15-rulooknatme; gritar; cheryl1952; alteration; animalover; ihadtodoit

October 16-SickNTired; SanMateoDae; Bino; angelx5; tracie30; maggiehpp; msavoy4901; bemused; nayray13; deb’s journey; Scooby; jendenni; Scorpyian1; luv2bslim; lori ann; tracie30

October 17-Lshelley21; josiegurl; shadowland; newgrama0904; swalesfcc; hersheymalone; javabeans; skylady

October 18-sweepyxx

October 20-nazzy; Ruby124; LynnN; Soupamom; taosgal; karook54; GratefulHeart

October 21-SnowWhite760; Vickie; gottabthin; cyndyg; rondapooh1;HelloPenny; sveltelady; swpaintdiva; SnowBabymb; hallfamilyx2; ambogrl; neophyteguy

October 22-annecolorgreen; jogirl; fortunate1; sandielaw; lorilei; purplesloane; BootyBee; Little Bit; imamld3; morph521; kjhack; mcornejo1983

October 23- blueangelkc80; bugginbri; Oregonirish55

October 24-illinoishusker; bradley18; tyme2getrite; ktravel; tas; likebefore; ~Jenni~; DMULLENIX; kellypup; JMignott

October 25-Holly718

October 27- ebonie1015; alabamagirl1975; dicustr413; suziq53; wilsonfamily2001

October 28-Michele777; Rosie Sage

October 29-knickerbocker; ~Bridgette~; SCTexasGirl; julie.ann; lauriel; dirigo; CMTurner; sunwyse; Altoonasoup; chrisfer1;wvgal33; gracie78; Tamisha; Road less traveled; debbie brooks; tomatogirl; vicbrad; mvane08

October 30-kygirl31;Slim2bnik

October 31-watermum; lambgram

Hello October Bandsters! I am new to the website and wanted to join you!! Today is my 29th Birthday and I am having my surgery one week from today on the 27th! I am so excited to do this for myself! A little post birthday present you could say! I wish everyone luck who is scheduled this week and I love reading all the stories on here!! Hugs :biggrin:

My nutritionist said muscle milk light.........high in Protein lower in fat......hope it goes well.also i am thinking of ordering from Unjury, ,,anyone have some thoguths on what flavors are ok? I know delicious is pushing it

Hi Renita,

My son is on the Autism Spectrum too and that was my biggest fear. What if something happens to me and I am not there to take care of him. Everyone in my family loves him to pieces, but they don't know how to manage him quite like Mommy does!

But we made it through so all is well :thumbup:

I don't have a temperature, but my port incision is a little warm. Anyone else have a warm icision without pain or fever?:biggrin:

My nutritionist said muscle milk light.........high in Protein lower in fat......hope it goes well.also i am thinking of ordering from Unjury, ,,anyone have some thoguths on what flavors are ok? I know delicious is pushing it

I see that a great deal of folks on here use the Unjury. Can anyone tell me what is so good about them? What makes them better than regular whey protein? Just wondering...I go for my nutrition class on Wednesday so I was kinda looking for a better (not necessarily) cheaper alternative.

Thank you guys~~

I was wondering the same thing about the Unjury protien! I just tried a sample pack of stuff from GNC this morning and it is 60 dollars for a bottle of it and I did not like the taste at all. I am scared I am going to starve after the surgery because I can't find anything that taste like something I can do everyday!!

Hello October Bandsters!! I"m sorry for not coming back in here for a while. I have been taking it easy and walking since I got banded on the 6th. I am doing great and getting used to it. Just wanted to congrats to all those who are banded and good luck to those that will get banded this week. If I can do it, you ALL can do it!!! I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers...

Ruby124: Don't worry about anything, you will be okay. I was nervous when I got out of surgery, I don't know why..Anyways, My mother & aunt had a blood clot in thier leg and I have varicose veins which has been treated by injections, looks great. I just wanted to help you not to worry. I had those leg wrappers during surgery and recovery until I was discharged the next day. You willl be fine!!!!!!! I received 4 blood thinner shots during my stay..It didn't hurt. And while I was there, got a flu shot which the doctor/nurses recommends for banders. When I first walked out of my room, I had to walk back in and lean over trash can, because I thought I was going to puke, but instead it was a loud gas coming up twice from my mouth and then followed by dry heaving twice which really hurt. Never happened again since..Just remember one thing, don't over eat..Eat slow and stop if you think you may be full..I had 2 Protein Shakes a day, sugar free Jello, chicken broth, non-carbonated flavored water, hot tea once and Soup broth for 2 weeks post op. I was happy with it..

Today, I go in for my 2 weeks post op follow up this afternoon with my surgeon..I'm excited...

Friday night late, I noticed a blood spot on my shirt from port site. Soo, I put on a bandaid..Will have to report that today. My steri strips are still on..Didn't come off!!

Have a great day...

Doo :biggrin:

Hello Everyone!

I am banded now! Whoo hoo! My surgery went well. I was just in a lot of pain when they wheeled me into the recovery room. They gave me two different pain meds. I had an allergic reaction to one and so I was given a shot of benadryl. That made me more drowsy on top of being high from all the pain meds. All in all, it wasn't too bad of an experience. I am just super sore! I hope it subsides soon. :wub: The hotel that they put us in was really nice and comfy! The doctors and all the staff were really nice! I am so glad I went through with the surgery!! Well, I just thought I would drop in and let you all know how everything went.

Good luck to those being banded today! :biggrin: